• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:17:51 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Club Random announcements

Started by Napalm Nick, June 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

More racing going on join any time

PS: I just got my first ever win  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 24, 2015, 09:26:46 PM
More racing going on join any time

PS: I just got my first ever win  ;D

How many entered the race? Just yourself. Hehe  ;D ;D

Well done mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk

Napalm Nick

hehe yes just me lol.

had about 5 x 5 lap races and some of the best racing yet experienced in this game so that's good. Croft would be nice with NDS version as a few cores there still  Shame you didn't come Hawkster   :'(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 24, 2015, 10:50:42 PM
hehe yes just me lol.

had about 5 x 5 lap races and some of the best racing yet experienced in this game so that's good. Croft would be nice with NDS version as a few cores there still  Shame you didn't come Hawkster   :'(

Actually, I didn't see your post about the fun races until after, and at the time I was doing some track terrain height map data testing with Peter, so unfortunately I missed it, but sounds like fun and I'd have liked to have been there for sure. Next time I hope!  ;D 8)

I'll look into creating a NDS version of Croft..... One of those very little used tracks but a great track layout indeed; I like it!  ;D 8)

Hawk

Blackheart

Yesterday it was all races really fun! (I got on all three steps of the podium lol)

Unfortunately, there was some core. In my opinion should be changed also the replay cameras, they are strange ...  :o

Napalm Nick

New Challenge at GPBOC 1

Your flight is leaving....

Check it out.

Napalm Nick

And don't forget to bookmark this page so you don't miss out

Napalm Nick

Damn forgot to add the Moto 3 on server at Albi but its sorted now.

Napalm Nick

September 10, 2015, 06:52:10 PM #84 Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:25:31 PM by Napalm Nick
reminder for anyone interested race at Albi in 10 minzzzzzzz. Mungo

CANCELLED NO INTEREST

Napalm Nick

QuoteI am officially taking a break now from organising more events, until B7 comes.

We have extracted the last drop of fun from B6c it seems and the enjoyment is running low judging by the 'rage-quitters', continuous innocent 'core.exe droppers' and people more happy to watch the race on a live replay than be on track. Hopefully B7 will address some of these 'issues' to make the racing fun (surely the whole point of the game?).

Of course there is nothing to stop anyone organising more events, you have seen the way we do it which seems to work, so you might have success using that format.

I will continue to support any event you organise with a GPBOC server whenever possible. Just PM me where, when and what settings.

Thanks to everyone for your support so far, hope to see you online soon,
Nick
:)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 20, 2015, 08:30:37 PM
QuoteI am officially taking a break now from organising more events, until B7 comes.

We have extracted the last drop of fun from B6c it seems and the enjoyment is running low judging by the 'rage-quitters', continuous innocent 'core.exe droppers' and people more happy to watch the race on a live replay than be on track. Hopefully B7 will address some of these 'issues' to make the racing fun (surely the whole point of the game?).

Of course there is nothing to stop anyone organising more events, you have seen the way we do it which seems to work, so you might have success using that format.

I will continue to support any event you organise with a GPBOC server whenever possible. Just PM me where, when and what settings.

Thanks to everyone for your support so far, hope to see you online soon,
Nick
:)

I totally understand why your taking a break till B7 comes out Nick..... I'm feeling the same way about race events till B7 is released, although if someone organises a 2 stroke event or a Moto 3 event I'd be very tempted to compete.  ;D

Just like to say that you have been doing a totally BRILLIANT job in organising and hosting all the GPBOC events, you've been a real PRO mate!  Your work has also helped tremendously in keeping community interest going for GPB during our long, long wait for the GPB Beta 7 update; in fact Piboso should have you on his pay-roll as a PR manager. You've done a BRILLIANT job mate!! ;D 8)

Here's looking forward to your GPBOC Beta 7 events!  ;D

Also let's just hope Piboso will have sorted out the #1 problem in GPB - the online core.exe crash problems for the release of GPB Beta 7, though unfortunately I fear that will not be the case.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Sorry for the pessimism, but personally I don't believe GPB is being worked on at that sort of level needed to sort that problem out(more dedication and interest on his other projects it seems to me), hence we get sweeteners like exhaust smoke instead of sweeteners like the core.exe problem has been solved. I could be totally wrong, but lets wait and see what bugs we do get fixed with Beta 7 on top of any new features expected to be added too?

But overall I believe we'll end up getting more new features than any major bug fixes for Beta 7, which will be nice for the new features, but also greatly disappointing indeed if long standing bugs have not been addresses at all. :-\ :-\

Hawk.

Blackheart

Personally, I never had a core.exe in a race. I find this strange (or many rage-quit exchanged by core.exe)  ;D

However, I have really appreciated your work Nick, I participated in almost all the races organized and I always enjoyed it, learned new tracks, bikes and Improved my times. If the beta 7 will also be only a slight improvement, I think there will be lots of new fun races  ;D

THX NICK!

matty0l215

Thanks for all your work Nick ;D

And to add to Blackhearts message, in all these events ive only had a handful of cores and all of those coming from tracks with Dynamic Surfaces. And a couple ode errors from poor track making (missing pollys is a big issue i think).

And to be fair. Look how long it took a game like iRacing to get dynamic surfaces! Its not right i know but still.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Super Taranta !

Thanks for your effort mate. We're gonna push you so bad to organize races on early days of B7. SO be ready for that :D Thanks Captain.
SuperTaranta #83