• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:51:28 AM

Club Random announcements

Started by Napalm Nick, June 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 04, 2015, 09:54:10 PM
No idea what I did but it started downloading every single file within the bike folder for every bike :-[

Right click the folder from the left hand folder tree menu and select "Download as Zip" from the sub menu that pops up.  ;)

You can expand the folders to show sub-folders if required.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

A word of warning on that - for me when I use the "download as zip" sometimes the download only gets to 99% then fails even with Firefox and Chrome.
So now I tend to download the zipped files. "In Matty we trust" and all that.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on November 04, 2015, 10:03:58 PM
No idea what I did but it started downloading every single file within the bike folder for every bike :-[

Right click the folder from the left hand folder tree menu and select "Download as Zip" from the sub menu that pops up.  ;)

Hawk.

I can now see what you mean... how have i been so blind :o :-[

I will now be going of to shoot myself :'(
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 04, 2015, 10:11:16 PM
A word of warning on that - for me when I use the "download as zip" sometimes the download only gets to 99% then fails even with Firefox and Chrome.

I get exactly the same, very slow download and stalls eventually at 99%, zip file works fine

Napalm Nick

Maybe someone should suggest to Matty to bin the unzipped versions totally make it easier on himself. I would do it but I am a bit shy and scared of him a bit.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

But I am not scared to announce GPBOC 1 server is now testing Beta 7 at the Cadwell Park jump (Dynamic and needs off-track work so don't crash)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 04, 2015, 10:11:16 PM

Are you sure that is not when your downloading a large file as a zip file? If files have been uploaded in the non-zip form then MEGA has to the convert the file into zip archive before you can actually save the download; this takes quit a long time with large files and can seem as though the download has failed. But for sure MEGA should really provide a progression graphic to show how long the zip archive will take before completion. But as I say, this usually only happens on large files that MEGA has to convert to a zip archive.  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 04, 2015, 10:11:29 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 04, 2015, 10:03:58 PM

Hawk.

I can now see what you mean... how have i been so blind :o :-[

I will now be going of to shoot myself :'(

No worries Matty... at least you know now.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Il try it all again when I get home but every time I tried the zip it failed on 99% for me too!

Hawk

November 04, 2015, 10:28:41 PM #189 Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:30:55 PM by Hawk
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 04, 2015, 10:22:38 PM
Il try it all again when I get home but every time I tried the zip it failed on 99% for me too!

Just make sure you use Chrome Browser to download. Apparently IE has a download buffer problem and can get hung up with anything larger than 1GB in size. But I don't think MEGA will allow you to use IE on their site anymore for downloading files. But Chrome is definitely the most reliable working browser out there right now, even though I still prefer IE myself. Lol  ;D

Hawk.
PS: Remember that if you select to download as ZIP instead of Standard, then MEGA will have to zip archive the file itself which takes quite a long time depending on the size of the file your downloading.

Vini

November 04, 2015, 10:34:36 PM #190 Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:44:14 PM by vin97
Now I always get Missing Bike error when I try to join server 1 (cadwell park).

I just downloaded the full bike mod 1.15 and replaced all old files.

A screen to know which bike exactly is missing would be nice, I have no idea why PiBoSo didn't implement this together with the Data Mismatch info  ::)

works now, had to delete the old version of some bikes

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on November 04, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

Just make sure you use Chrome Browser to download.

I agree but I was using Chrome as I said lol  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 04, 2015, 10:42:14 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 04, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

Just make sure you use Chrome Browser to download.

I agree but I was using Chrome as I said lol  ;)

I hope you may find the reason for your problem in my reply #186 above.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: vin97 on November 04, 2015, 10:34:36 PM
Now I always get Missing Bike error when I try to join server 1 (cadwell park).

I just downloaded the full bike mod 1.15 and replaced all old files.

A screen to know which bike exactly is missing would be nice, I have no idea why PiBoSo didn't implement this together with the Data Mismatch info  ::)
Agree vin. As for the current problems I think we are right smack in the middle of a database update which may be causing us issues just now. We call this "Sod's Law".  Tomorrow is a clearer day. The server is currently holding the individual zipped files. This may need updating as soon as the announcement is PM'd to me  ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on November 04, 2015, 10:45:00 PM

I hope you may find the reason for your problem in my reply #186 above.  ;)

Hawk.

hahaha now I laugh here too much hahaha  ;)   That may be the reason yes lol. But I gave it a chance, it failed so now I download pre-zipped zips only hehe