• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:02:01 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Club Random announcements

Started by Napalm Nick, June 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: vin97 on November 04, 2015, 10:34:36 PM

edit: works now, had to delete the old version of some bikes

Superb ! yes always delete the old crap then download the shiny new stuff
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Nick what is the best time recorded on GPBOC 1? (Cadwell)  ???

Napalm Nick

1 BOBR6 84 Cadwell Park V0.8 01:23.779 + 00:00.000 17.444 17.301 22.577 26.457 235.8 Murasama RC990

Also I noticed it was not updating again and I reset it about ten minutes ago.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

November 07, 2015, 07:14:48 PM #198 Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:38:31 PM by vin97
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 07, 2015, 05:30:28 PMAlso I noticed it was not updating again and I reset it about ten minutes ago.

I've noticed this a few times.

Have you noticed a pannernpattern or some reason for the server not sending data to the motoonline records database?

Napalm Nick

No Vin it seems random. Maybe, if anything, it works after a hard reset (I physically reset the server), but not after a soft reset (when everyone leaves the server and the session resets) but I could not say that for certain.

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 07, 2015, 05:30:28 PM
1 BOBR6 84 Cadwell Park V0.8 01:23.779 + 00:00.000 17.444 17.301 22.577 26.457 235.8 Murasama RC990

Also I noticed it was not updating again and I reset it about ten minutes ago.

Thx  :)

Vini

just happened again

did a 1.22.4 and it was correctly documented.

then the last other player on the server left, i did a few more laps, ending with a 1.22.3 but it wasnt transfered to the motonline-france site.

Napalm Nick

Thanks for the feedback Vin, I reset it again this morning.

Maybe if Ali sees this he can suggest something to keep the connection alive after a 'soft' server reset. Or I may PM him I know he is a busy chap so don't like to annoy him  :-X

Napalm Nick

November 09, 2015, 06:02:36 PM #203 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:06:03 PM by Napalm Nick
Vin takes the prize for fastest Cadwell lap on the Murasama! well done Vin.

Congratulations also to a lot of winners in the other categories:

Vin again for the M1
Adalgood for the RSW500
Nuovaic  for the default 125 Cup bike (Kudos indeed)
Blackheart for the FZ6
ME! for the 125ITA

Apologies to anyone who went faster but wasn't recorded (remember to ask if you want a server Hard reset if no times are being recorded).

OK so the new challenge is now on the GPBOC1 server (Dynamic) - no entries on the Hotlap server yet - do your best!

Napalm Nick

Is it me or does that first corner create massive understeer at Brands?

h106frp

Tried the 990, seems to be more understeer generally than i remember for 6con Brands with the front folding (unexpectedly) on faster corners. Bike generally seems very nervous on corners. Tried the ITA125 and it was better. Even went back and did a few laps of my reference track (Donnington) just to check i had not done something silly with my controller set up and that seems normal.

Possibly something to do with the recent discussion thread on track mesh density? Maybe Hawk can look at how the turns are modeled on this track.

Napalm Nick

Maybe H good thunking.

I have a bit of a developing theory that downhill corners are introducing an effect which can (incorrectly) be observed as understeer and uphill corners totally the opposite with 'over-tightening' (or again incorrect - oversteer).

Anyone else noticing that?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 10, 2015, 03:57:35 PM
Is it me or does that first corner create massive understeer at Brands?

wouldn't call it understeer myself... just looks daft. happens on every track too.

Napalm Nick

Brands is a perfect track for showing that uphill/downhill corners F#ck the bike up.

WTH is going on ? At the moment all tracks must be flat it seems or physics go to pot.  :(

Boerenlater

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 10, 2015, 06:14:58 PM
Maybe H good thunking.

I have a bit of a developing theory that downhill corners are introducing an effect which can (incorrectly) be observed as understeer and uphill corners totally the opposite with 'over-tightening' (or again incorrect - oversteer).

Anyone else noticing that?
Same on the FZ6
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)