• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:23:55 AM

Club Random announcements

Started by Napalm Nick, June 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on November 10, 2015, 04:47:00 PM
Tried the 990, seems to be more understeer generally than i remember for 6con Brands with the front folding (unexpectedly) on faster corners. Bike generally seems very nervous on corners. Tried the ITA125 and it was better. Even went back and did a few laps of my reference track (Donnington) just to check i had not done something silly with my controller set up and that seems normal.

Possibly something to do with the recent discussion thread on track mesh density? Maybe Hawk can look at how the turns are modeled on this track.

Having had a look at the track surface mesh being used, the mesh is poor and does need replacing, but I know Noss is working on a new version of Brands Hatch because I did the new surface on it, but I don't know when he aims to release it? Most probably when the uphill downhill physics have been sorted out. But I'm sure with a good surface mesh and good bike physics it would help a lot even now.
How does the RSW500 run on that section of Brands? Is it understeering as bad as other bikes?

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yes mate just as bad. I was on with Adalgood and he said the same.

I think its a physics issue more than a track issue, and we know PiB is working on it so that's good. Now I have a good track to test B7c with. Maybe even PiB tries Brands as the effect is obvious and good to see there :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Are you able to see a replay in game for Brands Hatch? The "Brands Hatch GP NC" track I have has no replay camera file..... I didn't realise that!  :o

Hawk

Napalm Nick

No trackside cameras there, no, just the onboard replay angles.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Thanks for the fun racing guys! (Nick and Blacky) :D

That was a lot of fun on Brands with the small GP125ITA bikes :D those bikes are amazing to ride around that track :P
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Yes it was and although I never won any races (hey I'm used to that) who got fastest lap eh eh?   :-X

Napalm Nick

Meyer#12

Haha yeah, Nick look at the Hotlaps, that lap you made there was just insane! never seen you ride like that! :O impressive stuff!
Meyer#12

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Not by me as I am extremely busy just now but I will support any races anyone advertises, with servers and um...love. Hopefully I can join in some too.

Meyer#12

GP125ITA race would be great! or RSW500 :D let's skip the GP1000 races lol
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Start a topic here man or in the Racing thread whatever you like and get your race advert out!
Usual thing, when, where, what etc.

Blackheart

The first race of the beta 7!? wow  ;D

Vini