• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:19:40 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Stability bug

Started by Napalm Nick, June 21, 2015, 12:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

June 21, 2015, 12:31:40 PM Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:34:26 PM by Napalm Nick
That moment, when you realise the GIXER is more stable without you on it........

https://www.youtube.com/v/ieZgbjePmes&feature=youtu.be
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

I hope Piboso see's your video above Nick, because that is the best example I've seen recorded yet that demonstrates this problem. If this issue isn't sorted out in beta 7, I for one will be disappointed to say the least.... Not sure how hard it is to sort out but a simple keyboard/button press to lay the bike down onto the ground would suffice as a quick fix for now I'd have thought?  :)

Nice video demo of this well known and VERY frustrating problem Nick!  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Certainly ruins a race.

Hardcore fans might argue the bike would of been destroyed anyway and you shouldn't be able to restart, but, while some can reset to track after a fall and some can't due to the option not being available until the bike stops, then a fix to reset quicker should be available yes.  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Rider detached from bike is already flagged by the telemetry, after a few seconds the brake could be automatically applied or the steering pulled across to cause the bike to topple.

Vini

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 21, 2015, 01:05:07 PM
I hope Piboso see's your video above Nick, because that is the best example I've seen recorded yet that demonstrates this problem. 
Try crashing at the Nordschleife :D
In almost all cases you will have to go to the pits.

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 21, 2015, 01:05:07 PMIf this issue isn't sorted out in beta 7, I for one will be disappointed to say the least....
ditto

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on June 21, 2015, 03:05:56 PM
Rider detached from bike is already flagged by the telemetry, after a few seconds the brake could be automatically applied or the steering pulled across to cause the bike to topple.
The workaround to avoid the problem is trivial: anything between what you said and a button to kill the bike (when rider is off) would do it.

However, I'd like to see the *root* probelm solved: no real bike is that stable.

MaX.