• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:48:45 AM

[BIKE] R1 98-99

Started by Drasic, July 04, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drasic

Hi guys!!

I have found this amazing motorcycle in the french page of GPBikes: http://forum.motonline-france.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1562
This is the download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ly6tuuowqgmacrp/Yamaha%20R1%2098-99%20V0.5.rar?dl=1&token_hash=AAFfjzn-G_4Kx-RVqOLX3MJ7Sm7ONsPovOeh40WTPpB6Dw

But I don't know how to run it.
I extract the files, put them in the correct path..............and it doesn't appear.
Could you help me?

Thank you very much!!

Hawk

Quote from: Drasic on July 04, 2015, 10:02:15 AM
Hi guys!!

I have found this amazing motorcycle in the french page of GPBikes: http://forum.motonline-france.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1562
This is the download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ly6tuuowqgmacrp/Yamaha%20R1%2098-99%20V0.5.rar?dl=1&token_hash=AAFfjzn-G_4Kx-RVqOLX3MJ7Sm7ONsPovOeh40WTPpB6Dw

But I don't know how to run it.
I extract the files, put them in the correct path..............and it doesn't appear.
Could you help me?

Thank you very much!!

If the bike isn't in the BikeMod database then don't touch it or you will get "Data Mismatch" Error messages when you try to connect to servers. Also, any bikes that are not in the BikeMod database are very likely to be outdated versions and can screw-up your GPB install. If I remember rightly the R1 still needs to be updated to run with beta 6c, but I'm presuming he will now wait for beta 7.

Always remember......  Look in Klax's Bikemod database. If the bike your looking for is not there then don't download from anywhere else or your just asking for problems.  ;) :)

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on July 04, 2015, 10:08:38 AM
If the bike isn't in the BikeMod database then don't touch it or you will get "Data Mismatch" Error messages when you try to connect to servers.
Hmm, that's not true. You can have any bike you want installed locally, as far as it's not a different version of a bike existing in the BikeMod.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 04, 2015, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: Hawk UK on July 04, 2015, 10:08:38 AM
If the bike isn't in the BikeMod database then don't touch it or you will get "Data Mismatch" Error messages when you try to connect to servers.
Hmm, that's not true. You can have any bike you want installed locally, as far as it's not a different version of a bike existing in the BikeMod.

MaX.

That's true max, but you can also jump off a cliff too but whether you survive when you hit the bottom  is another matter.  ::) ;D

I'm just trying to point Drasic in the right direction, and by not sticking to the bikemod database version for installing MOD bikes is definitely the wrong way to go about it; he'll end up asking everyone why he cannot connect to online servers or why doesn't the bike work, or why am I getting a core.exe crash everytime he goes to track; because one things for sure, Drasic will end up wanting to connect to online servers; either that or he'll get bored stiff riding around in test mode.
Plus if Drasic installs a bike MOD that is not updated for beta 6c then he'll start having all sorts of strange things happening as we've seen before. Then he'll start asking why GPB doesn't work for him and people will be confused as to know how to help him because maybe he won't mention or doesn't realise that Beta 5 bikes don't work on beta 6c......

If he knows the score as far as making sure he sticks to klax's bikemod database version # for bike mod updates then he won't go far wrong; after all, that's why the database is there - to avoid version mismatch problems when connecting to servers.

I'm sure you'll agree Max, it's always best to start off in the right way.  ;)

Hawk.

Drasic

I don't want to play online, because I don't know how to go straight at the moment.
I only wanna play with a R1 of the 98-99.
I have the Yamaha R1 98-99 V0.5.rar of this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ly6tuuowqgmacrp/Yamaha%20R1%2098-99%20V0.5.rar?dl=1&token_hash=AAFfjzn-G_4Kx-RVqOLX3MJ7Sm7ONsPovOeh40WTPpB6Dw
I extract it and the bike doesn't appear in the list.

Whats wrong?
Thanks!!

Hawk

Quote from: Drasic on July 04, 2015, 01:56:51 PM
I don't want to play online, because I don't know how to go straight at the moment.
I only wanna play with a R1 of the 98-99.
I have the Yamaha R1 98-99 V0.5.rar of this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ly6tuuowqgmacrp/Yamaha%20R1%2098-99%20V0.5.rar?dl=1&token_hash=AAFfjzn-G_4Kx-RVqOLX3MJ7Sm7ONsPovOeh40WTPpB6Dw
I extract it and the bike doesn't appear in the list.

Whats wrong?
Thanks!!

Have you extracted it inside it's own folder ie: folder within a folder? That's the usual problem when this happens.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: You may think that you don't want to ride online now, but I'm sure when you feel more confident in your riding you will want to challenge yourself against others online?  ;D
Besides.... you really should come online anyway - There's no better way to learn how to ride the bike, and we're all happy to give advice, setups and help were needed mate.  ;)

Napalm Nick

Hey Drasic,

I have also tried it and when you extract it there is a Yamaha R1 folder inside the main folder as Hawk says. Normally this folder should be the one in your bikes folder. However it still wont show under STK1000 I tried it. Sorry too old maybe?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BozoCRO

Drasic be patient. We are expecting a new version of GP Bikes in the near future, so all work on the mods has slowed down.
There is R1 in the super stock bikeset, as far as I know.
The French R1 is probably from an old beta and uses Motogp phisics.

matty0l215

The bike isn't compatible with Beta 6b

I got it to show up in game (.ini modification) but when you go to track, game just cores
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on July 04, 2015, 01:22:27 PM

I don't agree, sorry. The right way is understanding what GPB checks: to connect to an online server you need to have the exact same bike the server has. There's no check on bikes the server does not have, so you're free to install whatever you want (if the server is not using them).

Example: if server uses bikes A, B and C, locally you have to have the very same version of bikes A, B and C. But you can also have locally bikes X, Y and Z.

It's very easy to understand and better than scarying people with "you can only install what's in the BikeMOD" (especially if the guy wanted to play offline !).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 04, 2015, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on July 04, 2015, 01:22:27 PM

I don't agree, sorry. The right way is understanding what GPB checks: to connect to an online server you need to have the exact same bike the server has. There's no check on bikes the server does not have, so you're free to install whatever you want (if the server is not using them).

Example: if server uses bikes A, B and C, locally you have to have the very same version of bikes A, B and C. But you can also have locally bikes X, Y and Z.

It's very easy to understand and better than scarying people with "you can only install what's in the BikeMOD" (especially if the guy wanted to play offline !).

MaX.

Well we're just gonna have to disagree on that one Max.  :)

I understand what your saying about the operation of server checks because I have several bike mods in test in my bike folder that are not yet released that operate quite happily beside the database bike versions, even when I connect online to the bike test server.  :)

But what I want to stress is that not everyone is concerned or even wants to be concerned about exactly how GPB checks bikes or the inner workings of GPB, they just want to install and go, and if anything isn't working for them they will just ask for help to solve the problem. Some are just not interested in anything else besides being able to install the bikes they want and enjoy the ride.

If people want to know how things work so they can fully understand the workings of GPB I'm sure, like myself, they'd soon ask for that information. Personally I think encouraging people to install bikes that are not in the BikeMod database is just encouraging people to get themselves into problems that could be confusing for others who are unaware of what has been installed to help fix the problem for them.
I just think it's always best to start people off with the basic ways that will not get them into problems; then if they decide they want to be more advanced then that's the  time to teach them about other things.

But you cannot install a bike that runs on beta 5 but not on beta 6c, and I think this is what Drasic is trying to do? What your telling him is not making him understand that beta 5 bikes don't run on beta 6c, and more importantly that any bikemods that will run on beta 6c are in the bikemod database for download and that downloading bikemods from other sources is asking for trouble.
This is why I don't understand your reasoning in advising newcomers to GPB of the basics to keep them away from problems. So yeah... I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one Max.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

OK to disagree, but:

Quote from: Hawk UK on July 04, 2015, 03:35:00 PM
But you cannot install a bike that runs on beta 5 but not on beta 6c, and I think this is what Drasic is trying to do? What your telling him is not making him understand that beta 5 bikes don't run on beta 6c, and more importantly that any bikemods that will run on beta 6c are in the bikemod database for download and that downloading bikemods from other sources is asking for trouble.
No, I'm just saying that your advice "only install what's in the BikeMOD otherwise you will face issues" is not right and spreads wrong information. OK, your intention is simplicity, but it's still wrong info.

Of course the explanation "bikes for beta5 do not work in beta6" is correct, I didn't object to that.

MaX.