• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Smartphone headtracking...

Started by davidboda46, July 25, 2015, 11:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Anybody tried this? Could it work with GP-Bikes... although you do look like an idiot with a phone on your head  ;)

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

h106frp

July 26, 2015, 07:58:59 AM #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:25:32 AM by h106frp
Should work fine as its the same technology as EDTracker. Not sure about risking a 500 quid phone to a hairband though  :-\

Cheap way of deciding if you like the concept though. You can also do the same with a Wii remote via bluetooth

HornetMaX

If you need head tracking, just buy an EDTacker. Works very well.

And you won't look as an idiot. well, not as much at least :)

MaX.

h106frp

Do you find first person more enjoyable with head tracking? I find first person view very odd now if i am not using it.

davidboda46

Never used a head tracker before. Tried the phone thingy, but didn't work so well. I suspect that my phone is to old. Has an accelerator but no gyro. The concept worked but it was lagging and jumping all over in-game. Messed around with the settings a bit and that didn't help. Not very precise. As I said, might work better with a never phone that has gyro. Can't by shit right now as I am dirt poor at the moment... :(

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"