• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:26:06 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

KRP..

Started by BOBR6 84, August 15, 2015, 10:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Does anybody here play KRP with a controller? i only have the demo so far but if others play with a controller i will purchase the full version!

Found it impossible to start with but messed around with the controller and kart setup and managed a few dodgy laps lol. really great fun!  8) with some tips on setting up a kart (lots and lots of settings  :o) and more practice it would be a lot better im sure..  ;)

Noob with a controller..

https://www.youtube.com/v/3s8DP3LkDLU

Really like the best lap ghost too! plz add it in GPB  :P

Hawk

For some reason I'm now not able to see your video Bob, or for that matter any posted Youtube videos now on the forum anymore...... Anyone got any ideas?

I am using IE to view the forum as I've always done, but this problem has only started within the last couple of days, been fine before that.

Hawk

BOBR6 84

Oh dear, im not sure mate, using chrome.. not had any problems so far?

Hawk

August 15, 2015, 11:08:15 AM #3 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:17:38 AM by Hawk UK
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 15, 2015, 11:04:38 AM
Oh dear, im not sure mate, using chrome.. not had any problems so far?

Reading through the forum just now, I'm now thinking maybe it's an issue with the Forum Hosts? Because Piboso is apparently having issues with the KRP forum hosts restricting user SQL requests. But I will try Chrome and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks Bob!  ;)

EDIT: Yeah Chrome work fine Bob. Must just be IE having one of it's regular bad days. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

I can not play with the controller (i use a GPX) can post your controller settings?

Maybe I can get a ride without flying off the track XD

Hawk

In my experience, if you are thinking of getting into driving simulations then you really need a steering wheel/pedal set-up. Trying to drive a car/kart racing sim with a gamepad is nearly as bad as suggesting to a GPB newbie to use the keyboard as a controller. Lol

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

lol true story Hawk  ;D i am tempted to buy a wheel i must admit. would have to be a cheap wheel though because i dont spend much time on car racers.. who knows, maybe that would change  ;)

matty0l215

I've got the full version, but its very difficult with the controller.

Setting the wheel rotation to its lowest setting helps a lot.

GPB summer holiday to KRP??  ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Arvoss

I bought a super cheap Trustmaster Ferrari racing wheel like 8 years ago and still use for KRP and WRS. It still works perfectly! Except for the shifters, those are made from plastic and they broke after a couple of years. :P

Hawk

Just a little advice on buying steering wheel/pedal set-ups because I've been there and worn the T-Shirt.....

To anyone thinking of buying a steering wheel set-up, if your thinking of seriously racing car/kart sims, please invest in a good quality steering wheel; the difference is like night and day in the precision control and operation in sim.  ;)

Obviously if your not sure whether you want to take it as serious as you do GPB, then of course buy the cheapest and see how you get on.   :)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 15, 2015, 11:52:23 AM

Setting the wheel rotation to its lowest setting helps a lot.

GPB summer holiday to KRP??  ;)

Thanks.. will try  ;)

past few days just been jamming KRP, MXB, WRS.. going around setting up with xinput, maxhud, controller setting etc. doing laps seeing whats what.. well impressed with KRP  8) lol. since i bought the GPX pad most games/sims iv'e played just seem more enjoyable.  ;)

GPB.. still playing obviously but, feel like iv'e got as much out of 6c as i can.. some good laptimes etc acheived what i wanted so now just looking forward to beta7  :P

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 15, 2015, 01:20:11 PM
Just a little advice on buying steering wheel/pedal set-ups because I've been there and worn the T-Shirt.....

To anyone thinking of buying a steering wheel set-up, if your thinking of seriously racing car/kart sims, please invest in a good quality steering wheel; the difference is like night and day in the precision control and operation in sim.  ;)

Obviously if your not sure whether you want to take it as serious as you do GPB, then of course buy the cheapest and see how you get on.   :)

Hawk.

Thanks!  ;) yeah maybe a cheapo will do me for now.. wouldn't stop with a wheel, end up with a bloody bucket seat and full rig lol. can't afford it.. besides, bikes are my thing not so much cars although i still enjoy them.

HornetMaX

I'd just buy a G27: it may cost some extra money up-front (but you can find second hand ones), but if you ever want to sell it, it will be gone in no time.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 15, 2015, 09:05:23 PM
I'd just buy a G27: it may cost some extra money up-front (but you can find second hand ones), but if you ever want to sell it, it will be gone in no time.

MaX.

What's the price range of a G27? Or any half decent wheel?

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 18, 2015, 12:50:37 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 15, 2015, 09:05:23 PM

MaX.

What's the price range of a G27? Or any half decent wheel?

Logitech G27 steering wheel and Pedals @ £390.50 New : http://www.amazon.co.uk/367/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1439881798&sr=8-30&keywords=PC+steering+and+pedals

Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 RS Base and Pedals (PC): @ £659.98 New : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-Wheel-Integral-Pedals/dp/B005L0Z2CK/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1439881798&sr=8-26&keywords=PC+steering+and+pedals

You could get these cheaper second hand on eBay(but beware unofficial copies on eBay).  ;)

Buying steering wheel and pedal sets really is a case of you get what you pay for.....

But stick with Logitech or Thrustmaster(which in my opinion make the best general consumer steering wheels) and you won't go far wrong.

Hawk