• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:50:39 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bike went silent and lost drive.....

Started by CapeDoctor, August 23, 2015, 05:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

...first time i encountered this, earlier today, thrashing ten kinds of heck out of the SBK GSXR around Hockenheim, engine screaming bloody murder along a fast straight, pulling clutch to keep the glorious rev-concerto going, and suddenly, poof .... engine sound disappeared, and i lost all drive, brakes and steering all fully functional, but no engine, basically.
what's happened? did i blow the motor? is that actually modeled in the sim/bike? or maybe a game bug....?
anyone else experienced this?
when i return to pits, i can start again, engine sound is back and i have thrust...  8)
i seem to recall, something like this happened to me some time back while using the Aprilia 250, and i disregarded it as a one-off glitch, but now it's happened again, i figured it's worth asking about.  :)

Kerazo

you just blew the engine. happens when you ride above the rev limiter alot
its even worse with the duc

Hawk

I thought these rev-limiters were supposed to stop engines from over-revving and blowing up?  :-\

Hawk

Kerazo

well yes. but it happens for example alot on monza or hockenheim 79 when chosen the wrong drivetrain and the bike beeing at the limiter alot. only discovered this with the italia mods tho

CapeDoctor

August 23, 2015, 05:35:43 PM #4 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:39:38 PM by CapeDoctor
yes, this was on the Hockenheim 79 track......well, all i can say about it then, is .... awesome!  ;D
makes for a better sim, for sure!
@ Hawk, i really was caning all kinds of crap out of that GiXXer, i mean in the real world i'm pretty sure i would've blown that motor, lol -  and, it was my very first outing on the GPB Hockenheim 79 circuit, so i don't yet have the bike set up properly, and quite likely my drivetrain setting is wrong, as kerazxo says.
now i'm going to go and test how many motors i can wreck just revving it to bits in the pits, lol

edit: it would be great if we could have a 'broken motor' sound, though, gradually winding down as the bike decelerates, at least just some internal whines and whirrs, as opposed to instant deathly silence..... i don't think it should be too hard to code a sound in, and then just add a few sound samples? just thinking, lolz.

grimm

I found the broken engine on the original release of the KX450 supermoto. One too many high rpm downshifts to skid the rear wheel and it went silent, rear end seemed locked up and when I reset after the crash, nothing, just dead.  ;D

Playing IL-2 Sturmovik yesterday I was running a RAF Hurricane full go and overheated, kept going, and was reminded of the awesome oil leaking, bearing screaming, rpm slowing engine damage that eventually seizes up the engine and prop. If we had something like that in GP Bikes it would be incredible.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: grimm on August 24, 2015, 03:28:16 PM

Playing IL-2 Sturmovik yesterday I was running a RAF Hurricane full go and overheated, kept going, and was reminded of the awesome oil leaking, bearing screaming, rpm slowing engine damage that eventually seizes up the engine and prop. If we had something like that in GP Bikes it would be incredible.

lol, grimm - IL-2 is the flight sim that i have played almost exclusively over the last 15 years, and the Hurricane is my all-time favorite bird.
until i found GPBikes, i have been an editor at the SAS mods website for IL-2. still am, but not very active since i traded my wings in for two wheels, lol.
i don't see that it would be all that difficult to code a sound in, perhaps we should suggest this to PiBoSo. 8)

BOBR6 84

Nice! Add that with a damage model from BeamNG drive.. And Exhaust smoke! Awesome  8)