• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:04:14 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bikes airborne....

Started by CapeDoctor, August 28, 2015, 11:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

the faster bikes get airborne at the jump just before Schwedenkreuz on the Nordschleife in gp bikes.

CapeDoctor

thanks, vin - i'll give that a go.
while still on this airborne/jumps story, while the predominant issue seems to be many of the bikes doing unrealistic backflips, on the Cadwell Park circuit, which has the famous jump that sees all the BSB bikes well and truly airborne, i simply cannot achieve anything close to that on the game circuit.
i'm lucky if i can get the bike to lift a few centimeters here. unless i'm still not finding the right approach line, it's really difficult to approach this jump with anywhere near the sort of speeds necessary to get airborne.
been using the RGV500 there, as that's a bike that doesn't need much excuse to lift the front, and i simply can't do it - as i said, a couple centimeters at most for the front, and i'm pretty sure that if the back wheel is in the air, i'd need a feeler guage to measure how much.  ;D
in the real world, you struggle to NOT get airborne on that jump.....
of course, the issue could be on my end -maybe not the right setup, or right approach line/speed, as i mentioned?

Napalm Nick

This Cadwell issue has been discussed also before in this forum I remember reading it. Something about unreal jump ability of the bike. It is a known problem (well to the community anyway, no-one has any idea if the developer knows any of the problems we talk about).

Once everything learnt in the current MXBikes development is passed over to GPBikes we can start making Evil Knieval tracks with loops and bus/canyon jumping competitions.  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

If i remember it right.. Beta6 was released with a super dodgy front end.. (extremely light, would wheelie in 6th gear! and tankslap like mad) Hence the quickfire updates 6b, 6c.. to make it a ''little'' better.. And here we are, still on 6c!  ;D ::)

Hawk

I'm sure to get the bike airborne without flipping over at the Cadwell Mountain section we'd need to be able to control the virtual rider more, in the sense that we'd need to be able to move the virtual rider well forward on the bike to counteract the front end lift.
I remember many years ago it was a spectacle just to see the front end rise up over the mountain and pulling wheelies before dropping the front end to take "Hall Bends", now the bikes literally fly over the top of the mountain with both wheels in the air!  :o ;D 8)

But yeah.... I think a lot of the problem with GPB physics at track sections like the mountain is purely down to the virtual rider positional limitations. I now Piboso said the virtual rider needs sorting out so I think in beta 7 we should see a massive improvement in that area(though I wouldn't put a bet on it that. Sorry Max! Lol).

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 29, 2015, 10:52:59 AM
I'm sure to get the bike airborne without flipping over at the Cadwell Mountain section we'd need to be able to control the virtual rider more, in the sense that we'd need to be able to move the virtual rider well forward on the bike to counteract the front end lift.

That would sort out alot of handling issues i think..

CapeDoctor

yeah, where the virtual rider needs to actually pushing 'down/forward', which is what happens in real life - currently seems as if he is just leaning forward without actually applying any pressure.....
something like that, anyways....  :P

Vini