• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:13 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Discussion about a problem with the bike´s physics

Started by SuperKillo, October 08, 2015, 11:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperKillo

October 08, 2015, 11:30:57 AM Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:18:17 PM by SuperKillo
Since i´ve been playing this game (alpha), i enjoyed it very much, but it has a problem with the physics of the bike that it bothers me a lot when i watch the replay.

It´s some kind of unnaturally side movement at the same time on both wheels, which is physically imposible for a bike. I recorded a video to show you what i mean.

PiBoSo, i wonder if you know about this and have plans to improve it. Thanks.

Video https://youtu.be/HtHqEuvWdno

Jokerman

October 08, 2015, 12:09:40 PM #1 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:18:22 PM by Jokerman
Is what you are showing in the video highlighted at about 8 seconds in?

The front and rear wheels on a bike, [as I know you know] act independent of each other and this kinda explains what I am seeing ... at least to me .....

As the bike is brought back up from a left lean, the front wheel track on the ground is every so lightly different to the rear and the forces applied to the rear effect the front of the bike, most noticeably in the front wheel [remember the rider is holding the front wheel until it stabilises ready to lean into the upcoming right hander.

Given the rear wheel is the power transmission, it will in certain circumstances dominate of the front wheel to an extent especially when weight is lifted out of the bike going over the rise for example  but then there is a lot braking going on here it seems which is pulling the bike left setting up for the right hander.

This is so much easier in a car to get my head around ..... bikes are supposedly simple "mochines" but the physics going on is a head scratcher for me sometimes!

I might be showing myself up here but hey ho ... I'll learn!

I'm not convinced it is necessarily a problem myself.

Go handy

HornetMaX

It has been debated a few times: personally I don't think there's an issue, others disagree (Hi Stout !).

A "side movement at the same time on both wheels" is definitely not physically impossible: the rear wheel can generate lateral force due to the lean angle (camber thrust).
Same for the front (which by the way, in your video is often pointing in the direction of lateral motion, so no big surprise).

I'd be careful in calling it "Wrong physics in GP Bikes", the boss is very sensitive about that :)

MaX.

rodney007

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 08, 2015, 12:36:57 PM
It has been debated a few times: personally I don't think there's an issue, others disagree (Hi Stout !).

A "side movement at the same time on both wheels" is definitely not physically impossible: the rear wheel can generate lateral force due to the lean angle (camber thrust).
Same for the front (which by the way, in your video is often pointing in the direction of lateral motion, so no big surprise).

I'd be careful in calling it "Wrong physics in GP Bikes", the boss is very sensitive about that :)

MaX.

G0G

Quote from: SuperKillo on October 08, 2015, 11:30:57 AM
Since i´ve been playing this game (alpha), i enjoyed it very much, but it has a problem with the physics of the bike that it bothers me a lot when i watch the replay.

It´s some kind of unnaturally side movement at the same time on both wheels, which is physically imposible for a bike. I recorded a video to show you what i mean.

PiBoSo, i wonder if you know about this and have plans to improve it. Thanks.

Good eye!
The wheels are moving sideways(in your video from right to left) on the track, underneath the rider instead of the rider moving his body's mass over the bike to pivot the bike over, while on a stable, moving line. The rider is STILL not behaving properly.

BOBR6 84

This has improved loads in beta7. Try the 500cc at suzuka  8)

Vini

Sadly, the uphill/banked turn stability has been greatly decreased.

Full lean angle with the GP100 is not possible anymore through turn 9 at Mugello.