• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:47 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Your opinion on something I want to organize

Started by Boerenlater, October 12, 2015, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

would you like to try a race with a max amount of fuel allowed?

yes
6 (60%)
no
3 (30%)
I don't understand
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Boerenlater

Hello, I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Are you willing to participate in a race where a max amount of fuel is enforced? Like in MotoGP where they can't use more than 20 liters.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

matty0l215

It would be getting us closer to actual racing

1st person, Limited tyres, Longer race and if so, Limited fuel :)   Much more strategy than POWER!!

Sounds good to me  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on October 12, 2015, 05:59:32 PM

Are you willing to participate in a race where a max amount of fuel is enforced? Like in MotoGP where they can't use more than 20 liters.

Nice idea, but how would you police/enforce this?

I could be wrong, but currently I do not believe a server admin is able to set max fuel usage factors?

Then there is the problem of different bikes use fuel at different rates, so depending on what fuel usage you set for the race, some bikes may not be able to meet that usage?

These are just some thoughts for discussion.  ;)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 12, 2015, 06:03:54 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on October 12, 2015, 05:59:32 PM

Nice idea, but how would you police/enforce this?

I could be wrong, but currently I do not believe a server admin is able to set max fuel usage factors?

Then there is the problem of different bikes use fuel at different rates, so depending on what fuel usage you set for the race, some bikes may not be able to meet that usage?

These are just some thoughts for discussion.  ;)

Hawk.
I have to trust people on this one. Nobody wants to win because they cheat and take more fuel with them right? Right?!

About the bikes and their usage, I got that covered for the event I'm planning ;) don't worry about that.

Blackheart

The question is: why?  :P

To me everything is fine, except the obligation of onboard view (I do not like)

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on October 12, 2015, 06:37:01 PM

Amateur :P ;)

This would be good for championships for people who want simulating a race event as close to real life as possible. Nearly all high level racing (F1, Moto gp, WSBK, WTCC, WEC, IOMTT and supports etc) have limited fuel. It just makes it a more level playing field and gives a benchmark for people  :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Boerenlater

Quote from: Blackheart on October 12, 2015, 06:37:01 PM
The question is: why?  :P

Why? To try something new!
And I didn't say a word about onboard view, that was Matty ;)

Hawk

When it comes to online gaming you sure have a lot more faith in peoples good and honourable nature than I. Been there worn the T-shirt too many times against online cheats when the opportunity presents itself to them... Some people just can't help themselves and thinks it's just good fun and a laugh to cheat. :P

As long as it's proper road racing bikes and not Bl**dy scooters or bikes that should be in MXB and not GPB, or "on-board view only" before beta 7 release(after B7 release then fine), then count me in for sure.  ;D 8)

And when I beat Yan by a country mile I want no accusations of me cheating!! Hehe  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

Quote from: Boerenlater on October 12, 2015, 06:44:37 PM
Why? To try something new!
And I didn't say a word about onboard view, that was Matty ;)

... In the previous race and many others I used full tank, It's not really something "new"  ;D

Napalm Nick

Whoaa  boys, wait till you hear his idea. It will require skill, cunning, a good understanding of the bikes relation of fuel use-age and also a degree of intelligence.
Unfortunately he only has us to take part (dolphins would do better)  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 12, 2015, 06:48:31 PM
When it comes to online gaming you sure have a lot more faith in peoples good and honourable nature than I. Been there worn the T-shirt too many times against online cheats when the opportunity presents itself to them... Some people just can't help themselves and thinks it's just good fun and a laugh to cheat. :P

As long as it's proper road racing bikes and not Bl**dy scooters or bikes that should be in MXB and not GPB, or "on-board view only" before beta 7 release(after B7 release then fine), then count me in for sure.  ;D 8)

And when I beat Yan by a country mile I want no accusations of me cheating!! Hehe  ;D ;D

Hawk.
Well this isn't Call of Duty but a serious sim with a tight knit of players. So I can at least assume nobody would cheat ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on October 12, 2015, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 12, 2015, 06:48:31 PM

Hawk.
Well this isn't Call of Duty but a serious sim with a tight knit of players. So I can at least assume nobody would cheat ;)

Agreed, and I'd like to think so too.  ;)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

Alright thanks for your opinions and votes guys.