• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

WRS Beta7 Thoughts and Suggestions

Started by Raffurty46, October 14, 2015, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffurty46

I'm gonna start off by saying I just recently got the game mainly to try out the Sprint Car, and I really thing this could turn into something amazing, But in its current state not so much. I do understand its a beta which explains some of the Problems.

Starting of with the sprint car, it really needs some tire model or physics work, I have no idea how any of that works but something needs adjusted on.

1. The car has a deadly push on entry when you try to actually drive it like it should, then goes into a death spin on exit no matter the wheel lock or throttle input you give it.
2. The attached video has a clip at 2:10 of a rocking left and right affect the car gets which makes it seem almost impossible to drive.
3. The car seems like it has massive cross weight in it causing it to rock LF to RR at low speeds also making it feel broken.

Those are the main problems I had with the sprint car, if you can get the physics to work right I think there would be a massive Dirt community from rFactor that would jump all over this, I hope to see you continue development in the Sprint Car because with the track system you have it could grow to something big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krwOJ86Qe_s&feature=youtu.be

I did some testing with the other cars in the game and found a bug that when you spin and the car does a side ways slide the car will randomly grip and flip. (Video attached)

PiBoSo

Thank you for the report.
The sprint car will for sure be greatly improved in the future releases. Please note this is just the first incarnation.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Raffurty46

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 14, 2015, 09:12:33 PM

The sprint car will for sure be greatly improved in the future releases. Please note this is just the first incarnation.

Awesome Job so far!

Raffurty46

Hey, you have any templates for the sprint car?  :)

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Raffurty46

Mace-x

yes, it´s fantastic!

Also is not just texture, the track actually wears and ruts are formed  ;D

CallSignVapor

PiBoSo I'd like to help out with your dirt racing development I worked on the Bandit Sim Racing sprint cars and other rfactor dirt mods, also I have driven Sprint Cars and Midgets in real life so my input will be legitimate. Drop me a PM sometime

-Vapor

PiBoSo

Quote from: CallSignVapor on October 16, 2015, 02:32:50 AM
PiBoSo I'd like to help out with your dirt racing development I worked on the Bandit Sim Racing sprint cars and other rfactor dirt mods, also I have driven Sprint Cars and Midgets in real life so my input will be legitimate. Drop me a PM sometime

-Vapor

Thank you for your interest in World Racing Series.
Feel free to post your feedback, questions, suggestions and requests on the forum or via PM or email.

You may also want to check this info about car modding:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?board=40.0
and tracks creation:
http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/MXB_Track_Creation_Guide

Yohji

Piboso I have some report and suggestions
1 Grid on bug when race start. (watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0izLeE8lrU) car shaken.

2 RX car (with rx tire) using drifting on tarmac is too slow comperd to grip(even hairpin turn)

3 "field of mirror view"is too narrow ( watch it http://i.imgur.com/4krZd9f.jpg) we cant see other cars.

4 and why you don't set virtual mirror (and back view)?? it set even iRacing (and its have "spotter" system)

in real world we get some an indication of other cars. but in virtual we cant get it. we have no way to get know other car position. (over again, mirror is useless to it)

I cant racing if that plobrem is solved.

regard.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Yohji on October 16, 2015, 01:47:46 PM
Piboso I have some report and suggestions

1 Grid on bug when race start. (watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0izLeE8lrU) car shaken.

This problem will be solved as soon as possible.

4 and why you don't set virtual mirror (and back view)?? it set even iRacing (and its have "spotter" system)

The option for the in-cockpit virtual mirror can be added.
What is "back view"? Do you mean a button to look back?

Yohji

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 16, 2015, 02:37:43 PM

The option for the in-cockpit virtual mirror can be added.
What is "back view"? Do you mean a button to look back?

thx for resopnse

plz in cockpit V-mirror you could as soon as possible.

yes. look back.(like KRP)

and more I hope, can change look right/left speed and angle edit in settings

Napalm Nick

Despite not being able to go to the garage and mess with setups due to a small teething problem I have had some great fun testing the cars and testing the race scenarios (with yummy pit stops and push starts/electric start/better clutch manual control than GPBikes/etc), and its a hell of a lot of fun, and has a good 'sim' feel.
Anyway this topic is 'Thoughts' as well as suggestions so I would share my thoughts so far and would like to say 'Great job PiBoSo!'  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Pit stops would be cool in GPB too for endurance races!  8)

WRS.. Even though im using a control pad I absolutely love the feel of the cars! Especially the caterham. (NC-Brands hatch GP circuit + caterham!  :-*)

Also id like to find out more about sprint car racing.. Think that could be amazing online but at the moment im clueless.. Hey maybe one day piboso could add speedway bikes too!?

Anyway, im impressed, I like piboso sims!  8) and hope it all carries on.  ;)