• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:26 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help getting paints in game.

Started by Raffurty46, October 14, 2015, 11:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffurty46

I'm trying to make a skin for the sprint car. I know how to do the editing of the templates in photoshop but have no idea what to do from there.

I have downloaded painted but still cant figure it out.

Thanks
http://www.hostingbytes.us/images/3/653852.jpg

Raffurty46

Quote from: ptrshpt on October 15, 2015, 04:50:44 AM
If i'm not mistaken the .pnt files are inside the cars.pkz file. You can extract it with 7zip.

To unpack a .pnt file
1) Click Paint Read, choose a .pnt file
2) Click Unpack, choose a directory to save to

To Create a .pnt File

1) Download Templates and PaintEd
2) Save your finished designs as .tga (anywhere you like)
    tga files must be named correctly!
3) Open PaintEd, click Dir Read button, and locate the folder where you saved your paints. When loaded, the filenames will appear on the left.
4) Type in a name for you paint in the Name box, then click the Pack button.
5) Save the .pnt file in the appropriate folder

More info: http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks!  ;D

Raffurty46

No design yet but atleast got my base template in.

Chuck

So what exactly is the appropriate folder? At least for the wing and non-wing sprint? A simple answer or link to a guide would be amazing, thanks ahead of time.

Hawk

Quote from: Chuck on January 09, 2016, 04:50:24 AM
So what exactly is the appropriate folder? At least for the wing and non-wing sprint? A simple answer or link to a guide would be amazing, thanks ahead of time.

Your installed car folders will have another folder inside called "paint". This is were the .pnt paint files are stored that skin the model you are using.  ;)

Hawk

Chuck

January 09, 2016, 10:52:19 PM #5 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:56:44 PM by Chuck
Ok, I think I'm getting closer to using my custom paint for a sprint car 360. I am going to share the ideas I have come up with for the appropriate folder for a sprint car 360 paint. Please tell me which, if any, of these will work or how to fix them.

C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\sp_cr\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\sp_cr_360\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\spcr\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\spcr_360\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\spcr_car_360\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\sprcr\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\sprint_car\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt
C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\sprint_car_360\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt

I'm excited because I know I'm close, just need that last bit of top secret info. Thanks Hawk and to anyone who answers this.

Napalm Nick

Based on the file folder of the actual in-game (secret hehe  :D) car name:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World Racing Series\wrs\cars\sprintcar_360\paints\SPCR_BODY.pnt

Should work.

Note there is another car/folder called sprintcar_wl_360 there too.   I have not modded any WRS stuff only GPBikes so I'm not 100% sure which you want. But you can try both anyway.

Hope that sorts it for you. I'm sure others will confirm or not too. And if it doesn't work or no-one else helps then send me the file and I will MAKE it work  ;D

Good luck man.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Steven

In your WRS folder look for the cars.pkz and unzip this file "here". This should create a folder called "cars" with the cars in it. Then in the folder of the car you want to change the paint of, create a "paints" folder and put your .pnt there.
One name is "sprintcar_360" so your last guess was really close.  ;D
There's an unofficial guide for GPB with information about the file structure, paints and other useful information here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg2946. Most things are the same for GPB.

Chuck

I see why you have the description "Hero Member" lol. Thanks Napalm Nick that fixed it. I'm assuming the one I used is sprintcar_360 and the wingless car should be the sprintcar_wl_360. I'm also watching the payoff game right now so I will read what you put later Steven, thanks for sharing as well.
I will probably make a thread later to help others know which folders to create if I can't figure out how to unzip a pkz file. I'm sure that guide will explain it to me.

Napalm Nick

I hope its great mate!

Ah yes WL - WingLess hehe! cool.

Just one point - it is a common misconception that the pkz file needs to be unzipped for paints - it doesn't, just create the cars/car_model/paints/Your_paint.pnt folders and path and it will work.

I really do not recommend unzipping the pkz for a variety of reasons, but mainly cuz you don't need to for this.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

January 10, 2016, 12:19:10 AM #10 Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:20:57 AM by Napalm Nick
Oh you might like this list of 'cars' for your guide. These 'cars' are in the current version of WRS:

fmk7_r
fr2000
fr3000
s392_gt
sl_rd
sprintcar_360
sprintcar_410
sprintcar_wl_360
sprintcar_wl_410

create all these folders inside your 'cars' folder and add a 'paint' folder inside and you are hot to trot for all your painting creations.

Then comes leathers and helmets.....  :)

Steven

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 10, 2016, 12:06:37 AM
Just one point - it is a common misconception that the pkz file needs to be unzipped for paints - it doesn't, just create the cars/car_model/paints/Your_paint.pnt folders and path and it will work.

I really do not recommend unzipping the pkz for a variety of reasons, but mainly cuz you don't need to for this.  ;)

Good point, but it gives you the folders/names for all the cars and you can still delete the unwanted content afterwards. Of course you can also just copy the names.

Hawk

I believe you also have to mind how the server admin has their server file format too? ie: If the server admin has unzipped the default PKZ files and you have not then I think you will have problems connecting to that server..... I'm sure I had this problem a while back in GPB and it took ages for me and Dibu to find out what the problem was.  ::)

I believe most server admins don't unzip any of the default track or bike PKZ files in GPB - not sure about WRS server admins?

Hawk.

Chuck

Nick thanks for the folder names, that saves me a lot of time! I decided to use some of that instead to upload my template to hopefully save some others time as well.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on January 10, 2016, 07:59:13 PM
I believe you also have to mind how the server admin has their server file format too? ie: If the server admin has unzipped the default PKZ files and you have not then I think you will have problems connecting to that server..... I'm sure I had this problem a while back in GPB and it took ages for me and Dibu to find out what the problem was.  ::)

I believe most server admins don't unzip any of the default track or bike PKZ files in GPB - not sure about WRS server admins?

Hawk.

You do have to be careful Hawk for precisely that reason, it was one of the reasons I was alluding to when I said I wouldn't recommend unzipping it for a 'variety of reasons'. More ass-chasing than a dog with a numb tail if you lose track of what's what. I remember we were also two numb-tailed dogs not so long ago hahaha  ;D

Perfectly fine for the use Steven said about finding out and creating the car names and folders easily but for the less knowledgeable, a little knowledge is dangerous  ;)