• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Track IR control

Started by gmangnall, October 20, 2015, 12:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmangnall

Surely Track IR or similar would provide a great way to control the game. You can lean easily and move around on the bike using your head which would be perfectly natural and intuitive as to how much you need to move AND still use it to look around. All you'd then need is throttle, brakes and gears. Surely it's an ideal solution - only problem the game does not seem to  support Track IR as a controller - at the moment.

Hawk

Quote from: gmangnall on October 20, 2015, 12:53:19 AM
Surely Track IR or similar would provide a great way to control the game. You can lean easily and move around on the bike using your head which would be perfectly natural and intuitive as to how much you need to move AND still use it to look around. All you'd then need is throttle, brakes and gears. Surely it's an ideal solution - only problem the game does not seem to  support Track IR as a controller - at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Piboso has not integrated Track IR/Pro simply because of the license costs to do so. However there is a free head tracking system that you can use in GPB. If you do a forum search there has been quite a substantial discussion about it.  I'm very busy right now otherwise I'd have found and posted a link to it for you. ;)

Hawk.

h106frp

No track IR support due to licensing issues, you can support it in game with freetrack or opentrack though.

Big thread for headtracking.. http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2318.msg32653#msg32653

HornetMaX

I haven't yet tried to use my EDTracker for leaning (bike lean I mean, steering), but I doubt it can be used for that easily.
The head yaw and pitch (left/right and up/down) work very well, but the head tilt (lean the head left/right) does not.

Overall I doubt you'll have the necessary precision and reactivity with TrackIR (nor EDTracker) for steering a bike/car.
They work just fine for free look (head look) and they may be used in GPB for rider lean (look left/right = rider lean left/right, look up/down = rider lean fwd/back).

MaX.

RoyMartinez

Hi, everyone.
I have not played the game yet due to my busy schedule but surely play it as soon as possible.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"