• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:42:19 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 27, 2015, 09:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOOPATELI

October 29, 2015, 10:49:15 AM #90 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:01:53 AM by LOOPATELI
My thoughts about this new beta:

Physics are better know, front problems are solved and slide the rear is smoother.
Up/down hills are still weird.
Front tire has a lot of grip braking, even trying to low side on purpose is hard to get it. FOR ME too much.
Of tracks bumps is a great idea, but the bike react very estrange on them. Anyway I prefer like this.
Wet conditions feels strange.*I tried only 60% wet, varese,victoria* Wet tires where burning after some corners. And Slicks on wet react super strange, not about grip, its about front movements without leaning at all.
I can't hear the slider fx sound, on both 3rd person view and onboard

bikes,
Murasama and varese looks good!
Maybe a little more of smoke for varese? It's too light and on very low revs.
125p/cup seems not to be tweaked (same reactions as before, no smoke at all)

Online,cores
as everybody else, core every time y try to watch a replay (I donĀ“t know if it also happens while testing alone)
Cores while rejoining with a different bike.
Cores every 2/3 laps on servers with many people or too much time open.
helmet movements are not sent in online, other don't see if you move the head.

I have a question that maybe some of you can answer (Piboso, Max,...). As in B6, I can't shift down while I rear braking, even using the clutch with makes the gearbox "free". Is there any mechanical reason for this in real life?, it's a bug? I think on it and I just don't get it, maybe you can explain.

Hope this post is helpful. The overall feeling is good and I'm enjoying it a lot!! Thanks for the work Piboso.

CapeDoctor

maybe modding of smoke will be possible one day, then one could apply a different smoke for a different type of bike/engine?
that would be cool :D

LOOPATELI

Quote from: CapeDoctor on October 29, 2015, 10:50:40 AM
maybe modding of smoke will be possible one day, then one could apply a different smoke for a different type of bike/engine?
that would be cool :D
I think it is possible

HornetMaX

Quote from: LOOPATELI on October 29, 2015, 10:49:15 AM
I have a question that maybe some of you can answer (Piboso, Max,...). As in B6, I can't shift down while I rear braking, even using the clutch with makes the gearbox "free". Is there any mechanical reason for this in real life?, it's a bug? I think on it and I just don't get it, maybe you can explain.
Hmm sounds like a bug to me. I assume you had the throttle closed and you're not using shift help (shift help, not auto shift), right ?

MaX.

BOBR6 84

October 29, 2015, 11:17:44 AM #94 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:24:22 AM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 29, 2015, 11:02:01 AM
Hmm sounds like a bug to me. I assume you had the throttle closed and you're not using shift help (shift help, not auto shift), right ?

MaX.

Anything to do with Xinput?

Interesting that you use the rear brake whilst down shifting.. I need to swap some controls around to try it.. Right stick forward is clutch and back is rear brake.. I use rear brake mid corner.

LOOPATELI

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 29, 2015, 11:02:01 AM

MaX.
yep thats right, only clutch help for starts (so no problem there), no throttle. Without taking the clutch It could be possible to have problems, but using clutch...
Motogp bikes don't use clutch and they use for sure rear brake sometimes. It should work

HornetMaX

Quote from: LOOPATELI on October 29, 2015, 11:25:10 AM
yep thats right, only clutch help for starts (so no problem there), no throttle. Without taking the clutch It could be possible to have problems, but using clutch...
No throttle + clutch it should downshift.

I recall that in the past Piboso already said that the gearbox simulation needs some improvement ...

Quote from: LOOPATELI on October 29, 2015, 11:25:10 AM
Motogp bikes don't use clutch and they use for sure rear brake sometimes. It should work
Recent motogp don't use clutch to downshift, older ones did use it as far as I know.

Notice also that they may not be downshifting while rear braking: from what I've heard, rear brake is used only mid-corner (as BOBR6 said) or exiting a turn on the throttle.

But I agree, it sounds like a bug in GPB.

MaX.