• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:43:12 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on October 29, 2015, 02:41:38 PM
Got a missing bike error when entering GBPOC4....trying to review the case Hawk described above... :o (VArese,Victoria,GPBOC4)
But i have all mod bikes installed in B7b, maybe that´s the reason....too much bikes  :)

The only MOD bike I have installed is the Ricco's M1, as that is the only one that has been actually updated for beta 7, and is the only MOD installed on GPBOC server.  :)

Hawk.

Jokerman

Great to see this development moving forward here..... I'm still a newbie of course but I hope to be around for a while and knowing this title is in an ongoing development is important. S!

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 29, 2015, 02:18:37 PM
Bike: Varase 500cc

Track: Victoria

Server: GPBOC

Problem: Core.exe Crash.

When entering server for first time and before you do anything else, try going straight to "Live Replay". I get a core.exe every time I do this.... Just wondering if anyone else can confirm this too?

If on entering server for first time I go to track and do some laps and then try going to "Live Replay" it works fine.  :)

Hawk.

Concur Hawk same for me. I was using Mura.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Had far too many core.exe crashes since b7..

Can this be a good thing? Surely piboso can find the problem now..? Pointless doing anything else until it is fixed imo.

Abigor

Thanks PiBoSo.....i like this beta .....the front is ok now.....braking its perfect

Hawk

Also noticed that we now have to wait till riders pass before we are able to respawn after a crash - Just thinking that this will create problems when we have a full grid of riders and therefore a lot of riders spaced out on track during a race.... With some races this will mean fallen riders will have to wait a very long time before they are able to respawn.
I'd have thought letting the track authors edit the "Min/Max" lines would've been a better option or leaving as it was before in b6c, as this will now create bigger problems and a lot more riders rage quitting during races in my opinion.  :)

Just my thoughts, but does anyone think this is the better of the two options we've had?

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

@Hawk

Il take this option all day long lol.

Napalm Nick

In theory it should be better - no smashing into a respawned rider.

I can see what you are saying, we better have a race and find out  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

October 29, 2015, 04:45:33 PM #24 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:55:21 PM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2015, 04:15:49 PM
Had far too many core.exe crashes since b7..

Can this be a good thing? Surely piboso can find the problem now..? Pointless doing anything else until it is fixed imo.

Eek - I have only been using stock game - no paints, no mod bikes etc. And the only core I have had was the replay one which seems to have been fixed with the exception of the initial replay shenanigans Hawk spotted. Will await cores then......

Other:
Server findings so far (probably needs someone else to check too):

fix: whitelist and blacklist update     (EG: allow me to change the whitelist when someone joins an event LATE!  ::)
Only seems to work with removing a player from whitelist then using update command. Adding a player - no change
Edit: Save session now works - for some reason it didn't like saving to a folder within folder.????? Glitch I think

It would be really helpful if the new stuff and the fixed stuff came with a description of exactly what they should accomplish (what we should see) and how they should be utilised  to do this - which would take all the assumption and guesswork out (MOAFs)

CapeDoctor

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 29, 2015, 04:45:33 PM

It would be really helpful if the new stuff and the fixed stuff came with a description of exactly what they should accomplish (what we should see) and how they should be utilised  to do this - which would take all the assumption and guesswork out..

a big +1 for me on that point, Nick
as for the crash/respawn option, i'd also take the new option over the old any day of the week, and twice on a sunday.
my thinking in this regard is pretty simplistic - you crash, you suffer the possibility of a big holdup before you can rejoin the race - much like in real life.
at least this way, the only aggrieved party is the guy who crashed.
currently, you respawn and possibly take out some poor guy who is having an otherwise great race, and now there are two parties affected - the guy who crashed once and now gets crashed into again, and the other guy who did nothing wrong, but whose race is spoilt through someone else respawning.
it's a no-brainer, imo - although, that being said, i still believe the 3 or 4 seconds of being a 'ghost' on respawn would be the better option for all parties - even though that avenue has been discussed, and worse than being rejected, seems to have been deemed unworthy of even any response from the devs. oh well, we can't all get what we want, i guess.

also, with both the b7 and b7b installs, i have yet to suffer even one core crash, although i haven't tried going online yet.
not had any cores with replays either, stock victoria track, stock and mod bikes. not a one. maybe i'm just lucky, lol
anyhoo - still testing (and loving) the new version, much improved in my view. ;)

Vergio101

I hoped also entering the ghost in the training...

CapeDoctor

yes, i'd love a ghost bike to race against - this is by far the best way to improve one's skills, to be able to 'race' against yourself, and so to help with seeing where to improve times and so on, but it seems this is something the devs feel strongly against, so i guess there's no point in pushing the issue.
...at this stage of development, anyway, lol

LOOPATELI

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 29, 2015, 04:21:26 PM
Also noticed that we now have to wait till riders pass before we are able to respawn after a crash - Just thinking that this will create problems when we have a full grid of riders and therefore a lot of riders spaced out on track during a race.... With some races this will mean fallen riders will have to wait a very long time before they are able to respawn.
I'd have thought letting the track authors edit the "Min/Max" lines would've been a better option or leaving as it was before in b6c, as this will now create bigger problems and a lot more riders rage quitting during races in my opinion.  :)

Just my thoughts, but does anyone think this is the better of the two options we've had?

Hawk.

I prefer your idea, but between b6 and b7 respawn, I stay with b7 one. Just the rider that crash get troubles (because his fault), and not the riders coming behind.

Napalm Nick

125 bikes - IMO harder to ride because losing the front more  >:(.

BUT...... if you stay off max lean they are pretty good! So maybe this bike model just leans too much for its tyres? Could it be that simple??  Try it - once you train yourself not to bang max lean on its good!  :D