• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

October 30, 2015, 08:18:58 PM #75 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:21:03 PM by Napalm Nick
GPBOC 2 is running NDS with all B7 bikes?

Oh not the new new new FZ I will do that again tomorrow, hopefully with the Aprilia  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

October 30, 2015, 08:26:22 PM #76 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:34:19 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 30, 2015, 08:18:58 PM
GPBOC 2 is running NDS with all B7 bikes?

Oh not the new new new FZ I will do that again tomorrow, hopefully with the Aprilia  :)

Thanks Nick! Going to test now.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

What NDS track are you using Nick? I cannot see your NDS server.  :-\

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 30, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
A1 Ring mate. You can see em all here

http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php?sort=comp

Never thought of looking at that. Lol  :-[ ;D

Thanks mate.... Any chance of making it an open server so I can run the 500? Tomorrow will be okay if your short of time.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yep sure I will do it in the morning bud.  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 30, 2015, 09:03:16 PM
Yep sure I will do it in the morning bud.  ;)

Okay Nick... No probs. Thanks mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Vini

....I have to say that the GP500 feels extremely good, much better than in the previous betas I've played.

BOBR6 84

in beta7b.. do the tyres compress into the track visually now?

or do i need glasses?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 30, 2015, 10:09:10 PM
in beta7b.. do the tyres compress into the track visually now?
Not had time yet to check b7/7b, but in WRS I noticed it in then monster truck video (also visible with the sprint car), so maybe ...

MaX.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: vin97 on October 30, 2015, 10:05:43 PM
....I have to say that the GP500 feels extremely good, much better than in the previous betas I've played.

+1. a real pleasure to drive now, compared to b6 :D

Napalm Nick

fix: wet simulation

I will assume the above means the rain graphics - if not pls inform us.

Beta 7b Rain report:

Just run two identical length ONLINE sessions (one DRY and one WET) with Stock Bikes (Mura) and Victoria and recorded their replay.

The video below shows the wonderful wet simulation replay fix - IE: square rain spray is now Normal rain spray!

https://www.youtube.com/v/_n3X61OUWRY&feature=youtu.be
So happy to say fix confirmed!  8)

I have attached links to both replays if you would like to view and test your *NEW* super stable replay abilities.

The only comment I would like to again bring to PiBoSo's attention is the size of the replay files. Both these replays have only 2 minute Practice and Qualify sessions and a 1 Lap race
The dry replay file is 3.68Mb and the wet replay file is 17.3Mb - by my calculations over 4.5 times bigger!

So a complete practice, qualify and race session will be huge - and as we have seen before probably too big to load in and watch (always crashes in past or only shows a few minutes even with server maxed out at 999Mb replay value).
Replay files:
DRY
WET

Napalm Nick

What is this please ?

new: improved replay helmet cam

'Tank Gyro' / 'Rider' ?   I don't see any other relevant choices in the replay cameras for Victoria?

davidboda46

First impression of Beta7b (No modded content installed except for MaxHUD. All bikes on default settings, only running on Victoria, offline, helmet view, no rider assists except automatic clutch. Virtual rider auto F/B and L/R, Controller: custom):

+ 990 and 500 are much more stable on the front in slow corners and braking.
+ Overall handling improved.
+ Less prone to wheelie all the time (990/500).
+ TC and AW less aggressive (990).

- 125 still suffers from the same old front issues.
- 990 loosing the front in banked high speed corners (last corner at Victoria, inside line) if you decrease throttle.
- Core.exe running over the curve at turn 1 (990)
- Rear seems to give less warning before it let's go, can't feel initial slide: no slide... no slide... Boom, rear comes around (990).
- Rear brake does not close the trajectory enough in corners, have to test some more to give definite comment on this one (990/500).
- Still feels a little bit to wobbly on the front at approximately 30-40 degrees lean angle when you are standing the bike up out of the corner or adjusting trajectory (990). 

Have not played that long, and only did a few laps on the 125 (front end problem remains, no point in riding more with that one IMO). Overall first impression, Big improvement on the front end on 500/900 compared to Beta6c. Still not perfect though. Rear needs more work, more controlled slides, more gradual loss of traction if you get my drift (pun intended). 125.. did anything change at all?!

Primary priority going forward IMO:
1.Core.exe,
2.Online stability,
3.Making the 125 rideable (especially if it's the bike that is going to stay in the demo)
900 and 500 psychics good enough for the time being. I think we can live with it until the other problems are fixed. Do you guys agree or disagree? 

Gonna play around with TC, AW and EB settings on 990 (all default so far). Will update further impressions when I got some more mileage under my belt.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Alvaro Ramiro

Hi guys, I have Xbox One controller and this beta don't recognize it. Have somebody the same controller?