• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Well blow me down if my GPBOC 2 beta 7 totally stock server wasn't showing a core and normalization error message when I just checked it.

Never seen the servers 'core out' before  :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

November 10, 2015, 11:36:09 PM #241 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:45:44 PM by vin97
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 10, 2015, 10:36:45 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 10, 2015, 09:25:17 PM
+1 here too. Seems like the counter-steer in order to get from the lean in the upward direction seems to cause it.
This has always been the impression, even in past betas, even if it's hard to tell if one loses the front because of the countersteer or if it countersteers because it's losing the front.
Never managed to convince myself of one or the other.
I'm pretty sure it's the countersteer that causes the crash.
Crashes like these have happened to me a lot of times (in every beta):
https://www.youtube.com/v/mL2iils7lqU
Ah, the old rider animation, so beautiful :D

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 10, 2015, 10:36:45 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 10, 2015, 09:25:17 PM
But for me it has improved vastly in b7, it is till there but very much improved from beta6.
Yep, vastly improved for me too. Proof: Ledenon track is almost rideable with beta7.
Hmm, I have made different observations.
At A1 Ring the understeer effect through the middle sector is much greater than in beta6 and at Mugello the 'oversteer' effect is much greater (in beta6 you could go full lean through turn 9 if you gave it some throttle, completely impossible now).

But I think your onto something, Max.
There is some parameter the virtual rider is not taking into account when calculating the steering force.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on November 10, 2015, 11:36:09 PM
It's hard to say for me: is it countersteering because you're asking him to pick up the bike or is it countersteering that much because the front is already gone and when he tries to pick the bike up he has no grip ? I tried to look at the telemetry of such crashes (in past betas) but I haven't been able to conclude. Visually (just looking at the video) it's hard to.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 10, 2015, 11:43:34 PM
Quote from: vin97 on November 10, 2015, 11:36:09 PM
It's hard to say for me: is it countersteering because you're asking him to pick up the bike or is it countersteering that much because the front is already gone and when he tries to pick the bike up he has no grip ? I tried to look at the telemetry of such crashes (in past betas) but I haven't been able to conclude. Visually (just looking at the video) it's hard to.

Won't debug mode show you which it is? It does show the counter steer forces and which way they are applied does it not? So why no use debug mode and recreate the same situation you have in the video and you should be able to see what it causing it, no?

Just a thought of the top of my head and I'm probably wrong, but....  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 10, 2015, 11:47:33 PM
Won't debug mode show you which it is? It does show the counter steer forces and which way they are applied does it not? So why no use debug mode and recreate the same situation you have in the video and you should be able to see what it causing it, no?
No, because what we'd like to know is is the front was gone before or after the countersteer started.
In other words, if the countersteer caused the lost of the front or if the (excessive) countersteer is an effect of it.
It's hard to see visually.

Vini

November 10, 2015, 11:54:15 PM #245 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:10:11 AM by vin97
Right, we would need the exact telemetry data for that but I don't really see how the front wheel could have lost traction on it's own in that specific situation.
It tucks in at the exact moment the rider moves the bike upright.
And from my experience, 'true' lowsides (not caused by the countersteer force) look different in that the rider is not able to stand the bike back up, not even by a few degrees (though it is possible for the bike to remain stable at it's current lean angle for some time as also seen in this video).
I also remember being very suprised when I crashed because I was riding in third person view and normally you get some small warnings before you crash (even if you won't have time to react), in this case I thought I made the corner (and didn't even notice that the front was gone) but then the bike just kept falling :D

Hawk

Well it looks to me like the bike was accelerating hard while still in a lean and GPB is sensing the front end getting light and therefore judging that the grip on the front tyre oversteps it's limits due to the light forces on the front end while leaning at that angle? It's not something that should happen in real life, but as a bug in GPB possible?

Again just a thought.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Yeah vin, your one is a "special" one I'd say, it's not the usual "tuck in, lose the front" crash.

I've had it too multiple times and it seems to me that the reason for the front to lose grip all of the sudden is that you're on the throttle heavily (and in your case you're even shifting gears, which could make it worse if the shifter is not perfect). If the front was already at its limit, the extra effort requested by the thrust and/or by the countersteer (to pick up the bike) could send it past its limit.

But it's likely true that if the virtual rider didn't try that hard to pick up the bike, you probably wouldn't crash. But it's not easy to put this kind of "hey I'm sliding the front but I don't panic"  behaviour in the virtual rider.

Vini

I wouldn't say that it's a special kind of lowside.
In this one the cause is just much more obvious precisely because the front is so close to the limit.
The shifting was done after the front was already gone.

C21

Quoteit leans too  much, you can compensate by leaning less (avoiding the crash). When it leans too little, there's nothing you can do other than run wide (or not as tight as you'd expect).
Fully agree on that.
If you lean less (e.g about 50 degrees) no crash, if you lean more (e.g. about 60 degrees) -> crash , loosing front.

QuoteNo, because what we'd like to know is is the front was gone before or after the countersteer started.
In other words, if the countersteer caused the lost of the front or if the (excessive) countersteer is an effect of it.
That´s the problem we can not analyse in detail.
Do we loose the front because:
- maximum tyre grip exceeded
- too much countersteer by VR at leaning upright
- VR countersteer to prevent loss of the front (nothing you can see on the data)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Davide74

One question..

As I can configure the GPBikes.ini to save more repetition time

Blackheart

Quote from: Davide74 on November 11, 2015, 10:50:01 PM
One question..

Under [Core] in gpbikes.ini :

Quotereplay  = 100000000
(in this way are 100mb)

Davide74

Quote from: Blackheart on November 11, 2015, 11:00:56 PM
Quote from: Davide74 on November 11, 2015, 10:50:01 PM
One question..

Under [Core] in gpbikes.ini :

Quotereplay  = 100000000
(in this way are 100mb)

Thanks mate!

Rodrigovis

guys i have a problem with GPbikes beta7 as it tried to enter the online servers but does not enter , let logging in for over an hour but nothing happened , did everything desabibiltei firewall antvirus and no use
Can anyone help me?

Alone

November 14, 2015, 11:11:31 PM #254 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:33:26 PM by Alone
Happens the same to me. The only way to be online is create a server.