• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I remember having the same problem I think I was using to much rear brake

Daniel_F

yeah mostly with the rear brake but there is no logic on that i belive

Ian

You only need to brake a touch less on the rear and you will be ok then

BOBR6 84

November 22, 2015, 08:35:42 PM #273 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:41:15 PM by BOBR6 84
Why would you use the rear brake when downshifting??  ??? if you brake hard (front brake) and the rear end goes light or lifts.. rear brake is the last thing you want  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Daniel_F on November 22, 2015, 08:00:09 PM
yeah mostly with the rear brake but there is no logic on that i belive
If you're using the clutch than yes, using rear brake should not prevent from downshifting. But it does at the moment, it has already been reported (and it's a bug I think).

But if you're not using the clutch, then it's normal.

BOBR6 84

November 22, 2015, 09:03:56 PM #275 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:05:35 PM by BOBR6 84
but what if the rear wheel is in the air.. clutch is in, foot (finger  ::)) is on the rear brake and stops the wheel. what happens when you release the clutch?

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 22, 2015, 09:03:56 PM
but what if the rear wheel is in the air.. clutch is in, foot (finger  ::)) is on the rear brake and stops the wheel. what happens when you release the clutch?

This! Hehe!  ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/wl1ruqzPCPc

Hawk.

Daniel_F

i just dont understand what would prevent you from downshifting while rear braking or braking since its a total independent systems

EngageMaxSpeedDiff this is the paramater in the cfg file (if you go up in the numbers) that stop that behavior but i dont understand the meaning of that parameter

HornetMaX

Either the clutch slips, or the brake disc slips, or the engine stalls.

Quote from: Daniel_F on November 22, 2015, 09:18:58 PM
i just dont understand what would prevent you from downshifting while rear braking or braking since its a total independent systems

EngageMaxSpeedDiff this is the paramater in the cfg file (if you go up in the numbers) that stop that behavior but i dont understand the meaning of that parameter

If enough torque is being transferred by the gearbox (engine to rear wheel, or vice versa), you may not be able to disengage the current gear. The parameter that drives that is: DisengageMaxTorque (1000 for the murasama).

EngageMaxSpeedDiff checks something else (namely, that the speed difference with the gear to engage is not too big).

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 22, 2015, 09:31:34 PM
Either the clutch slips, or the brake disc slips, or the engine stalls.

So i guess in GPB that would mean... ''Clunk'' no downshift?

need to try this now  :D would the brakes or clutch actually slip in GPB?

Daniel_F

or if chain is loose it can jump a teeth :P yes that was the parameter wrongly copied ... anyway the rider (even without shift help) he pulls the cluth (at least visual) when downshifting

Vini

Now that I think about it, it's almost certainly a bug.
It happens to me a lot and the big problem is, that it sounds like the bike just downshifted but it actually didn't.
When braking near the limit, this bug will send you wide because you don't have enough engine brake.
The fact that you get the downshifting sound makes me think that it's a bug.

I also don't get why you are not able to upshift when riding over curbs (on a lot of tracks).

Napalm Nick

That explanation would probably suggest a fix to the 125ITA and sometimes the FZ which will not shift sometimes in hard braking or accelerating areas. Not shifting when I click it (usually downshift) is the main reason I fall off these bikes!  Maybe those torque settings need a visit?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

November 22, 2015, 11:39:21 PM #283 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:45:57 AM by HornetMaX
Quote from: Daniel_F on November 22, 2015, 10:00:03 PM
anyway the rider (even without shift help) he pulls the cluth (at least visual) when downshifting
I checked on the varese (no shift help): I don't see the rider pulling the clutch when downshifting.
If you have shift help on (shift help, not auto shift of course), then it pulls the clutch when shifting down and it's visible.

Quote from: vin97 on November 22, 2015, 10:28:11 PM
It happens to me a lot and the big problem is, that it sounds like the bike just downshifted but it actually didn't.

Just tried on the varese (no shift help + it has no shifter): brake with the rear, try to downshift (or upshift)  = no shifting, but no sound at all. To me that's correct. If you brake lightly, it will shift. That's the max disengage torque in action.

The only bug I see is the one already reported: pull the clutch, brake with the rear, you can't up/downshift. That's wrong for me.

The other weird thing I see is the one that has always been here: on bikes with no shifter and with shift help off, I don't see why we are able to shift up without lifting the throttle and to shift down without using the clutch. Eventually I may be persuaded that we can shift up without using the clutch nor lifting the throttle, but not that we can shift down without the clutch (in any situation).

Daniel_F

just tested varese and indeed no hand movement but on murasama there is... but if its that way we would never ever could downshift without a clutch or a broken gearbox :P rear braking or not