• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel_F

By the way just tested to change the parameter to 5000 (yes im an animal :P) and downshift works just fine

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on November 23, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Too much rear brake so bike wont downshift but pressed down shift a few times- OK fair enough probably would not try this in real life. Let off front brake, turn in and bike down shifts on it own - lose rear - bit strange.
Uh, you're not using the pre-load thing right ? (in the settings/inputs, when you define the buttons to up/down shift).

Quote from: Daniel_F on November 23, 2015, 01:49:28 PM
sometimes when i use rly hard front brakes (talking about murasama) also dont downshift but only from 3rd to 2nd and 1st so i belive engine break plays its part there (as rear break) to dont let me downshift,
Yes, this can happen. But when you're unable to downshift, do you hear a shift sound or nothing at all (like when you use rear brake) ?
To me: no sound = gearbox unable to disengage due to maxdisengagetorque limit (this can happen if braking with the rear or due to engine brake). No bug.

If you hear a sound and the gear still doesn't go in (what vin7 was saying) then it's something else.

h106frp

No, not using the preload setting. Now i know not to try rear brake/downshift its not an issue just ease of the brake before downshifting, just an observation from the other day on spa.

Always though preload was only for upshift and you always use the clutch for downshifting

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on November 23, 2015, 02:22:55 PM
No, not using the preload setting. Now i know not to try rear brake/downshift its not an issue just ease of the brake before downshifting, just an observation from the other day on spa.
Still strange it "downshifted by itself" ...

Quote from: h106frp on November 23, 2015, 02:22:55 PM
Always though preload was only for upshift and you always use the clutch for downshifting
Don't know, to be honest I have no idea why we have a pre-load shifting option in GPB.

h106frp

The old way of quickshifting, maybe for the older 2 stroke race bike support. Hold the shift against the loaded driven gear (wont engage) and as soon as you shut the throttle a bit it will slip into the next gear with no clutch (as i understand it). Obviously prone to disaster with downshifting  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on November 23, 2015, 02:30:54 PM
The old way of quickshifting, maybe for the older 2 stroke race bike support. Hold the shift against the loaded driven gear (wont engage) and as soon as you shut the throttle a bit it will slip into the next gear with no clutch (as i understand it). Obviously prone to disaster with downshifting  ;D
Yeah but as GBP quickshifts even without preload (at least at the moment) ...

Vini

To be fair, you will lose a lot of time if you don't shut the throttle shortly when upshifting on the 500s because you will just highside if you upshift at any mroe than let's say 50% throttle.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on November 23, 2015, 02:54:49 PM
To be fair, you will lose a lot of time if you don't shut the throttle shortly when upshifting on the 500s because you will just highside if you upshift at any mroe than let's say 50% throttle.
On a straight ?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: vin97 on November 23, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

yes we should always shut the throttle to shift up on any bike without a quick shifter. no need for clutch either.

BOBR6 84

November 23, 2015, 06:38:56 PM #309 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:58:16 PM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 23, 2015, 11:02:12 AM

The rear "jumping" when braking and downshifting hard is totally normal and you can see in many real videos.
Rear unloaded, engine brake makes it slide (even lock, on some occasions), which compresses the rear suspension, which kind of sends it up in the air,  where the suspension extends back, then it falls again on the track etc etc. No bug, it's actually a very nice thing that shows how good GPB physics is.

Yeah nice one! this is probably my favorite part about GPB..  8)

this is also why im a little baffled as to why some guys are using the rear brake ''whilst'' downshifting.. you either let the clutch out slowly (too fast too soon it will give you some nasty chatter) or blip and rev match.. rear brake as well would be dangerous (probably.. never tried)

Daniel_F

to me when i get false downshift i hear a sound but no normal shifting sound like gears scrathing sound maybe i can make a video if you want

HornetMaX

Quote from: Daniel_F on November 23, 2015, 08:06:23 PM
to me when i get false downshift i hear a sound but no normal shifting sound like gears scrathing sound maybe i can make a video if you want
Yes please, if you can. Maybe that's what vin96 was describing.

BOBR6 84

Vini

That is what I mean, only that it also happens when you are not using the rear brake at all and as I said, it's not only the sound but the bike even reacts physically to the false downshift which cannot be seen properly in this video because the rear wheel is just sliding around.