• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:39:37 AM

Sidecars

Started by doNico, November 03, 2015, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doNico

Hello Guys,

Ive seen some peolple allready requested interesting things (like minibikes, mini corss etc etc) so my question would be, is it possible to add sidecars to the game? I think, this sport is one of the most entertaining in the world. I myself used to race in sidecars as a passenger in F1, F2 and of ocurse Vintage sidecars(also fellt off a F1).
What do you think, is it possible to add something like that? Did you allready point something similar out? ... Well, just my 2 cents ...
Ive also seen, someone modded a vintage Honda like mine in real life ... beautiful!

~doN

Hawk

Quote from: doNico on November 03, 2015, 01:46:44 PM
Hello Guys,

Ive seen some peolple allready requested interesting things (like minibikes, mini corss etc etc) so my question would be, is it possible to add sidecars to the game? I think, this sport is one of the most entertaining in the world. I myself used to race in sidecars as a passenger in F1, F2 and of ocurse Vintage sidecars(also fellt off a F1).
What do you think, is it possible to add something like that? Did you allready point something similar out? ... Well, just my 2 cents ...
Ive also seen, someone modded a vintage Honda like mine in real life ... beautiful!

~doN

This has been discussed before but not for a long time. But I personally think the addition of sidecars into GPB would be GREAT! Would be so much fun too!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doNico

oh YES! sooo ... we should keep that in mind huh?! :D

~doN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp28Dev-pOc

CapeDoctor

hell yeah, that would be great, indeed!
i don't think sidecars have been done before in any other sim, so could be another first for PiB?  8)
a resounding '+1' from me!  ;D

doNico

I bet hes going to read it and maybe thinks about it ... lets hope to get more people to say "HELL YEA"!

Napalm Nick

Seems you forgot about this excitement, but for WRS.
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg36432#msg36432

But TT simulator 2016 - Sidecars needed deffo!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 03, 2015, 02:39:43 PM
Seems you forgot about this excitement, but for WRS.
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg36432#msg36432

But TT simulator 2016 - Sidecars needed deffo!

I missed that totally!  :o
That must've been posted while I was involved with my house move during July this year. Lol

Shame it's aimed at WRS although I realise they've had to do it for physics reasons in being able to create a sidecar MOD, but it does belong in GPB for sure, and I still hope that Piboso will eventually include sidecars into GPB, after all, unlike a car, a sidecar it is supposed to be a bike with a side car attached right?  ;D

Still.... Very exciting! I wonder how Ricco is getting on with it now?

Hawk.

doNico

wow looks fantastic ... If i could do the modding stuff myself i could give it a try ... But im only able to work with Photoshop :( And 3D modeling with PS is stupid

~doN

RiccoChicco

November 03, 2015, 03:30:33 PM #8 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:02:33 PM by RiccoChicco
Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 02:54:16 PM

Unfortunately, the 3D model was built from scratch by the great Tchoum, who just had a HDD crash without any backups few days ago. A lot of projects gone with it, including his great upcoming Endurance mod  :-\

Napalm Nick

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
:'(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doNico

oh dear .. please nooo :(

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on November 03, 2015, 03:30:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 02:54:16 PM

Unfortunately, the 3D model was built from scratch by the great Tchoum, who just have a HDD crash without any backups few days ago. A lot of projects gone with it, including his great upcoming Endurance mod  :-\

OH Nooooooo!  :'(

I sympathise absolutely..... I had similar situation, a ransom virus,  and lost a lot of my 3D data a couple of months or so ago; it's soul destroying knowing how much work is lost and time wasted when that sort of thing happens. But for sure it taught me a good and hard lesson and now I make sure I back all my work up on a regular basis on a totally separate HDD and DVD's.  ;)

Hope Tchoum can find it in himself to re-do the model again, though I know how tough it is after such a loss of all that hard work.  :(

Hawk.

alelosbrigia

yea do it sidecar ! if needed measure and other data  send me pm !