• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Xbox 360 Controller Users, What Input Setups Do You Use?

Started by tonysea, November 09, 2015, 02:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonysea

Greetings all,

I'm using a Xbox 360 controller, and having difficulty finding input setups (lean, throttle, & brake linearity/smoothing, direct lean) I like.  What settings do you guys use?  Particularly, I'm having lots of trouble initiating turn in (either way too quick or way too slow) and applying throttle on corner exit.  I know these aren't the easiest parts of riding, but I can tell my controller setup is hurting me here.

Thanks for any input!
-Tony

Hawk

Quote from: tonysea on November 09, 2015, 02:11:21 AM
Greetings all,

I'm using a Xbox 360 controller, and having difficulty finding input setups (lean, throttle, & brake linearity/smoothing, direct lean) I like.  What settings do you guys use?  Particularly, I'm having lots of trouble initiating turn in (either way too quick or way too slow) and applying throttle on corner exit.  I know these aren't the easiest parts of riding, but I can tell my controller setup is hurting me here.

Thanks for any input!
-Tony

Just did a quick forum search for you, and I think this help you mate.  ;)

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1125.msg13905#msg13905

Hawk.

Vini

(xbox 360 controller)
assume: no smoothing (press&release), 100% linearity, 100% gain and no deadzone
everything manual / no riding aids
100% direct lean

rider L/R - right stick (press&release smoothed 100%, 100% linearity, 15% deadzone)
rider F/B - right stick (press smoothed 30%, release smoothed 100%, 150% linearity)
throttle - right trigger
front brake - left trigger
steering (Lean) - left stick (press smoothed 0%, release smoothed 100%, 150% linearity)
clutch - left stick up (150% linearity, deadzone 50%)
rear brake - left stick down (150% linearity)
upshift - right shoulder button
downshift - left  shoulder button
look back - digi pad down
pit limiter - A
Change ECU mode - Back (select)
ECU+ - digi pad right
ECU- - digi pad left
launch control - X
gesture - Y
tearoff - digi pad up
low speed walking F/B - Thumbstick buttons
change view - B
reset bike - Start

1P view settings:
First Person View #1 (linked to rider movements)
mode=1 ("Lock to bike" off)
FoV 80
Tilt 45%
Pitch 70 (MotoGP19 bikes)
Lean Heading 90%
OpenTrack View Mod - Settings attached as INI file
1P view position on bike (cockpit position) - see attachments

MaxHUD plugin settings:
helmet: top offset 3, bottom offset 2, vibration on, 50% shade, rotation factor 10%
radar: flying markers mode, size 60%, 50m range, no background, narrow marker size, small FOV fade
LiveGabBar: Size 40%, Scale 2s, Split Hold 10s, Downsample 1, Show no ticks, No background
rumble: acc strength 100%, acc. threshold 0.15g, acc. range 1.0g, rumble crashed no

BOBR6 84

November 09, 2015, 04:14:16 PM #3 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:19:20 PM by BOBR6 84
Hi

I use the Thrustmaster GPX controller (same as xbox pad)

Left trigger - front brake
Right trigger - throttle

Left stick - steer
Right stick forward - clutch
Right stick back - rear brake

B - shift up
RB - shift down

Using the right shoulder button (RB) to downshift with my index finger.. I find it comfortable to use the clutch with my thumb.. (right stick forward).

No deadzones, or smooth filters..

Direct lean slider... 35%

janaucarre

ps3 pad
throttle - R2
brake - L2
rear brake - Right stick down
clutch - Right stick up
lean - left stick right left
view - R1
view back - L1
reset - left on the directional pad
limiter - right on the directional pad
gesture - R3 and L3
gear up - cross
gear down - square
change the value like mapping, tcs and other - circle
change between tcs, mapping and other - triangle
Try to change the value of direct lean in the input section

DoubleClutchProductions

December 09, 2015, 07:52:02 PM #5 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:03:19 PM by DoubleClutchProductions
Ps3 and 360 controller maps. Forgot to add rear break for 360 but I use the right stick down same as ps3. Smooth mapping on analog buttons helps, between %60 and %80 depending on what control

MSovenok

you could do what you want with ListItextended or Products or Cataloger e.g.

ajcjr

How hard is it to ride the bike with an xbox controller, i have a usb 360 controller that i tried with mx simulator but it was kind of confusing. Guess ill just bite the bullet and give it a whirl!!

Napalm Nick

Like anything, you need to practice until your brain and thumbs become synchronised ,after that its easy (ish).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

What Nick says is so true, BUT for old farts like me that have been riding real bikes for 40 years my brain can not wrap itself around the fact that a throttle is a little stick that moves a few millimeters lol. It really is about muscle memory through practice, I'm just too lazy to want to teach my brain something that is wrong lol.

Persevere and it will come to you aj.

I sent you a reply by the way, check your inbox.

Happy ridin

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

I'd suggest starting directly with manual rider lean.

That way you can use the learning phase to synchronize your thumbs, like Nick said.

HornetMaX

Quote from: ajcjr on January 17, 2016, 06:16:07 PM
How hard is it to ride the bike with an xbox controller
99% of the players (or more) use a joypad. Doesn't sound too hard I guess :)

Boerenlater

Quote from: vin97 on January 17, 2016, 11:46:25 PM
I'd suggest starting directly with manual rider lean.

That way you can use the learning phase to synchronize your thumbs, like Nick said.
What advantage has left/right manual lean over automatic?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Vini

More lateral leaning available when on the throttle.