• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:02:38 PM

Tire sidewall textures

Started by PeterV, November 16, 2015, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

Tire sidewall textures can they be altered or added in some way?

For example, the name piboso on the sidewall texture can that be replaced, with a new texture?
Like Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli? It would also be nice if we could use sidewall texture colors to see if its a hard or soft compound beeing used.

CapeDoctor

it must be doable, as some of the mod bikes have other text, like 'MICHELIN', Dunlop' and other tyre makes.
i just don't know how, though - it must be a separate texture file, i guess.

C21

November 17, 2015, 07:27:51 AM #2 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:24:48 AM by C21
Quoteas some of the mod bikes have other text, like 'MICHELIN', Dunlop' and other tyre makes.
afaik this is no seperate sidewall texture on the Mod bikes, it´s the texture of the tyre which includes these names. Correct me if i´m wrong. That´s the conclusion of my research.

QuoteFor example, the name piboso on the sidewall texture can that be replaced, with a new texture?
As default in GPB tyres there are 2 different rim colors available to mark 4 different (rear) tyres.
Qualify is red, Soft is white,......
If we know where the texture is stored and how it is used we can replace it imho.
Piboso uses a black tyre sidewall and applies a tyre texture to the sidewall to mark the different tyrres (soft, hard,.....)

As i can see on none of the mod bikes are the tyre sidewall testures working (tested RSV4 SBK, NSR500, CBR600,....).

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

CapeDoctor

November 17, 2015, 08:42:52 AM #3 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:50:06 AM by CapeDoctor
hi C21
i will have to check exactly which bike it was, but i most definitely have used at least one mod bike with different tire texture 'name' other than the default 'PiBoSo' name.
i just checked, and the first one i found is the Ducati GP10, which has 'Bridgestone' on the tire wall, so it MUST be possible somehow.....

C21

As said before.
Imho the names "Dunlop, Michelin,..." are not applied seperatly (as a seperate sidewall texture) to the tyre sidewalls on the modded bikes , they are part of the tyre itself.
If you convert a bike to GPB you can only "wrap" the hole tyre structure with the existing paint map of the tyre from the game you´ve ripped the bike of (don´t know how to describe it better in this language). And this one contains the name. You do not apply the name seperatly to the tyre sidewall.
But Piboso does it to his tyres.

Cory_Hayes.11

PiBoSo can't release his bikes with brands on his stuff unless he has licensing from them to do so.
I am assuming the other bikes you are talking about are all mod bikes, its perfectly fine for modded bikes to have such brands on them because they contain their own tyre models and textures :)
Sorry if some of this stuff has been said, I just looked at the first 2 comments and scanned across the others.
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

CapeDoctor

Cory, thanks - i think we can all appreciate the licensing issue, but the OP's question was about us, the users, being able to edit this for ourselves. this would negate any blame for PiB, and free us up to edit more 'real' brands for our personal installs.
so, the OP's original question has not actually been answered - if PiB can edit his tires, it stands to reason that we can, as well, no?
or, at least, the OP is wanting to know if and how to do so - this info, I'm pretty sure, can be supplied by the devs....surely?

Napalm Nick

Maybe you can also ask Manu, Peter.

His new RCV has "BIDGESTONE" on the tyres  :)

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2857.0
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

C21

@Napalm and Cape.
Again...the NAMES (Bridgestone, Michelin,...) are not seperatly attached (with an individual texture) to the tyre walls on all MOD Bikes! They are one part with the tyre texturea!!

Napalm Nick

Yeh sorry I understood you, I was trying to move on and suggest another way to achieve what Peter wanted. Ripping a whole tyre model for example. I know nowt about this so should probably shut up lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

I've not seen the source tyre UV maps(paints/textures), so I couldn't comment, but if someone would post a pic of one I'm sure we could understand better if it's possible to paint these manufacturer logo's on the tyre walls. I'm sure it must be possible, but depends on how the tyre uv maps are upwrapped, ie: whether the UV map is just showing only the tyre tread section or has been unwrapped or sliced and unwrapped to show the tyre wall UV's too?

So if someone could post a pic please. Thanks.  ;)

Hawk.

C21

red=qualify
white=soft
"black"=hard

These are some of Piboso´s Tyre sidewalls , different to the chosen tyre compound.
The tyre sidewalls did not work on Mod bikes because they use a different modelling of the tyres.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: C21 on November 18, 2015, 01:01:06 PM
The tyre sidewalls did not work on Mod bikes because they use a different modelling of the tyres.

That's an interesting point.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: C21 on November 18, 2015, 11:00:28 AM
@Napalm and Cape.
Again...the NAMES (Bridgestone, Michelin,...) are not seperatly attached (with an individual texture) to the tyre walls on all MOD Bikes! They are one part with the tyre texturea!!

C21, i think we already got, AND understood, your message several posts back.
however, it still does not answer the OP's question, which is simply 'can we edit this somehow?'
i say the answer is yes, and that all that we want is to be able to edit these mythical tyre textures - in other words, PiBoSo, please make these tyre textures available for editting/modding purposes.
in other words - where are they? how can we access them for editing?
I am simply trying to resolve what the OP has asked. your answers make me feel like we are all talking in circles around each other atm, lol

Hawk

@C21: I was more thinking about someone posting tyre UV paint maps or as some call them, "templates" of the tyres so we can see if there is a problem with being able to paint the tyre walls through using the UV paint maps.  :)

Hawk