• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:00:54 PM

fbx2edf.exe crash

Started by AUSSIEDIRT, November 20, 2015, 05:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUSSIEDIRT

Hey guys ,

having a small issue with the fbx2edf converter I save my file from max to the fbx format then when I go to run the converter is crashes . is this a common error and what can I do to convert my objects over to the edf format

aussi

Hawk

As far as I understand, the FBX2EDF converter still doesn't work for track file conversions. That's a real shame because a fully working FBX2EDF converter would be like the holey grail of converters for Piboso's projects. Would be even better if eventually Piboso would incorporate the exporting of things like animation and normal and spec maps/shaders instead of having to create separate text files for the shaders/maps.
I've heard that it does work with single objects(like bike Modders would export) but I cannot confirm that.

You need the EDF exporter plugin for 3dsmax 2010; again I'm not sure if any other EDF exporter version works in other versions of 3ds Max. But I know the Exporter plugin for 3ds Max 2010 does work for exporting to ,map and ,trp formats for tracks to use in GPB.

For the new deformation surfaces in WRS tracks I have no idea what works and what doesn't mate, sorry.

Hawk.

AUSSIEDIRT

Hey Hawk Nah this is jst for trackside objects I have my track base in place I'm just adding the objects around it mxbikes style

AUSSIEDIRT

I can get one object to convert however subsequent objects have been failing for no apparent reason even after re exporting the known working object

AUSSIEDIRT

oh and where do I find the plugin for max??

Hawk

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on November 20, 2015, 09:33:53 AM
oh and where do I find the plugin for max??

The 3ds max plugins should be in the Track Tools utilities download folder(tt) available from here: http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads  ;)

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on November 20, 2015, 09:33:14 AM
I can get one object to convert however subsequent objects have been failing for no apparent reason even after re exporting the known working object

Have you tried restarting the FBX Converter for each individual export?

I've heard that it works okay for converting single objects into EDF files but I cannot confirm this myself as I've only tried using it for converting all objects in a track at once for the .trp and .map files needed for GPB tracks.

Hawk

bison160

So, I haven't got this far yet, although I am probably going to try to add a few objects in over the weekend. However, Have you tried just merging all of your objects into one object in max. I know this doesn't seem ideal, but maybe it would be a workaround for now. Merge all trackside objects into one object. Export as fbx, then convert to edf with fbx2edf.

Performance wise, it shouldn't be too much of an issue at this point, but could start causing issues once you start getting more objects and high poly counts in the scene all merged into a single object.

Curious. Is this a new problem? have you ever been able to convert multiple objects or is this a new issue? If new, maybe a bad model/texture it doesnt like?

AUSSIEDIRT

Hey Bison ,

I tried exporting idividually RFACTOR style first then I attempted to attach my wall to my infield (Working Piece) to see if that would allow me to convert the object however it failed I believe a error with the object could have been at fault however I made a plane box and it wouldn't convert it so I am unsure . gonna be online 90% of the weekend if you want to talk on fb and compare notes gonna have to export my track back to previous version of max as I'm currently using max 16 and it doesn't like the plugin

bison160

Just a thought but are you leaving the  bottom faces o. The wall model? I read somewhere you have to do that.

AUSSIEDIRT

appear to be a object error as ive just finished building the new wire-fence and ive got that Ingame now ,

AUSSIEDIRT

November 22, 2015, 01:41:18 AM #10 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:21:44 AM by AUSSIEDIRT
So I can get a complex object like my fence in but when I try to convert my cement wall still I have the crashing error I'm wondering if its because of the amount of textures in my multi/sub as thereare 11 textures in the muli/sub

Update: it appears that there is a limit to how many textures u can have in a multi/sub ,

AUSSIEDIRT

bison160

Nice! So only 10 mats in a multisub. Noted! I really wish I could get something decent looking for my track texture so I could move on to objects.

AUSSIEDIRT

I highly recommend just moving onto objects, thinking as a community may haveo build some track prep vehicles to add the last details plus that would be badass , I haven't been over 5 textures yet and its working great now I'm just having massive issues with my centerline going into the sky leaving my track unraceable for now looking forward so much to having a skid

bison160

Have been working on trackside objects so hopefully I can get them placed this weekend and finally get a preview shot up for you guys.