• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Yohji V1 Mura 990 with adjustable rear pivot

Started by h106frp, November 27, 2015, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1rossi

I think i get it.

I had an empty folder for the paints only...

My mistake.. THank you

h106frp

Yes. Delete it and replace with the latest download, its much better anyway  :)

Vini

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the setup but for me this bike is a step back.

The front is very unstable in slow corners/hairpins and the lateral wobble is not much better.

I think we'll need to wait for beta8 to see some proper improvement.

In the meantime, I think Yohji's V3 Mura should be included in the Bike Mod.

h106frp

November 29, 2015, 05:33:14 PM #19 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:44:49 PM by h106frp
Also noted the problem  (harsh vibration) with hairpins (thanks BOBR) and i have modified it a bit more - new link in first post.
Surprising what adjustments make to the handling - some are quite unexpected.

Going to stick with Victoria for testing - seems to cover all the bases

Agreed the V3 Mura should be added thats why i asked if i could rename the V1 so they would not conflict and its nice to have variants, much like real racing where teams run bikes with different parts fitted and you can choose what suits. I like the V3 bike but the auto box is just not to my taste - too far removed from anything i am used too i guess. Thanks for the interest and feedback for this one though.

Just to reaffirm - this is a bit on an experiment and i have learned a bit about the config file and how PB's model is constructed and some of its inner workings- which is nice  :)

Vini

What is your problem with the seamless shift?
It comes very close to the real thing and it makes the bike much more stable out of corners.

Maybe use Sepang or Magnycours as a test track.
Victoria is too easy on the bike. Even on the normal GP1000 bikes you can avoid wobbles and wheelies very easily.

h106frp

I am just expecting that big thump on the power take up when shifting up and down and i just keep running wide on corner entry when it does not occur - tried ECU engine braking as a substitute but i was not keen - i should probably persevere if this is how all the newer bikes will be anyway.

I will give it another go sometime but a bit lost in the wonders of the bike config at the moment - its strangely fascinating how it manages to work.

BOBR6 84

That seems better but the front end seems very nervous on the brakes now lol  ;D

so with beta8.. tuning of the rear etc.. will we have the pivot settings? that seems to be the game changer here.. its difficult to say because it takes time to set a bike up with each tweak..

when we have the triple clamp offset settings, pivot settings and everything else including the ''fixed'' front end on banked corners.. im looking forward to it although MaXTelemetry will be a must hahaha  8)

h106frp

Does seem you gain in one area and lose in another at the moment ::)

I will keep experimenting but i think the real bet is on B8 being well sorted

I do like the way the bike feed feeds back a bit more info though. Just had more laps and realized what i was seeing was the suspension pumping with big lean and power - trip to the pits/garage - much better  :)

If nothing else this experiment has given me a indication of how much time and effort needs to go into tuning a mod bike - big respect to the developers.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on November 29, 2015, 05:45:32 PM
Maybe use Sepang or Magnycours as a test track.
Victoria is too easy on the bike. Even on the normal GP1000 bikes you can avoid wobbles and wheelies very easily.
I like to stick with Victoria too, on other tracks there's always the possibility the issue comes from the track.

I agree that wobbles can be avoided, but even on Victoria I find the 990 wheelies too much, the straight is a pain: bump at the beginning that send you into orbit, hard to keep the front in contact until the finish line, bump just before the braking (6th gear) ...

h106frp

Also nice to have feedback, especially from riders with real race experience - one big danger is a bike model that lets you take unrealistic liberties with the power/braking and handling that just could not be achieved in real life, or a model that does not give realistic feedback of issues that can be sorted with a trip to the pits.

If i wanted a pleasant tour of a nice 3D model i could just load up a milestone sim, i prefer them to be true  200+ bhp unruly monsters  ;D

Vini

True but it's pretty easy to see when the bike begins to wobble because of the track surface (Sepang turn 5 for example).
Apart from that, Sepang and Magnycours are both smooth enough for the GP1000 bikes.

It's easy to develop in the wrong direction when you are only testing at Victoria, mostly because the lean angle transitions are so slow.

BOBR6 84

That's a good point, magnycours is a great track and hard work for the bikes..

My general thoughts on the murasama (stock) are that the front end feels too light still.. And the front suspension a bit too bouncey.. Even with good amounts of damping.
When we accelerate hard the front shoots up very fast. All feels a bit on/off. still difficult to control wheelies with the throttle.

if you catch it nice and bring it down slowly with good forward momentum, the bike gets very upset when the front touches down again.

Something I noticed with the throttle response its hard to keep a constant amount of revs.. Seems to want to climb all the time? So I have to roll off/on always... On any real bike throttle control is hugely important to how the bike handles.. In any situation.

The more I play GPB the more I get confused lol. Im not a physics or geometry guy. So pointing out ''why'' some of these things are happening is impossible.

With the pivot settings you can see and ''feel'' the anti squat working and keeping the front down. But once the front rises to a certain height it still wants to flip rapidly.

All related somehow lol. Throttle response (or even controller settings I guess) needs looking at I think. But theres so many factors at play in GPB like wind resistance etc  :o so who the f knows lol.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 29, 2015, 10:29:46 PM
My general thoughts on the murasama (stock) are that the front end feels too light still.
+1, definitely. Sometimes I wish we were able to slide the fork tubes up and put that nose down.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 29, 2015, 10:29:46 PM
With the pivot settings you can see and ''feel'' the anti squat working and keeping the front down. But once the front rises to a certain height it still wants to flip rapidly.

All related somehow lol. Throttle response (or even controller settings I guess) needs looking at I think. But theres so many factors at play in GPB like wind resistance etc  :o so who the f knows lol.
Right, aero could be responsible too for big wheelies past a give point.

BOBR6 84

November 30, 2015, 04:37:09 AM #29 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:25:01 AM by BOBR6 84
That would be nice to be able to move the forks up and down..

On my R6 I dropped the forks through 10mm but also moved the clip-ons underneath the top yoke. So the position pushes me over the front end. Also stiffer fork internals! Have to be careful without USD forks because you loose travel.
For the rear I just use the nitron race shock which allows for ride height setting aswel as all the usual settings.. Would be nice to have that in GPB too!

As far as race bikes go.. Mine is very basic. But with these changes alone the handling is way better than stock!

Also my steering damper is usually left on max stiffness which is great everywhere exept for tight hairpins lol. where it seems better if you let the front wheel turn and ''track'' the track slightly.

Not sure if the pivot setting would make much difference on my bike? Anybody tried it on the R6?

With a motogp or any 200+hp race bike I would imagine its very important lol.

What struck me about a motogp bike when I stood next to one at a bike show is how long the wheelbase was!  :o and how small they are lol. Insane.

Ps. Rambling on yet again but im bored at work haha sorry.