• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:55:44 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Yohji V1 Mura 990 with adjustable rear pivot

Started by h106frp, November 27, 2015, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

November 27, 2015, 03:23:37 PM Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:39:25 PM by h106frp
With Yohji's permission i have attempted to rename this bike into bikeMOD form and i have also played with some of the steering damper values. It should appear as T1 variant in the list.

It should now exist happily alongside the stock and V3 bike similar to a factory rider test special  ;).

I have found i like this bike a lot once set up. Using MaXHUD you can see that as you raise the pivot value the rear suspension will attempt to level the bike and maintain the steering geometry.

You should find the bike is much more responsive to suspension tuning and can be made to handle better than stock. It might take a bit of tuning to get it the way you want

Thing to watch;
-Value of 0 on the pivot is similar to stock, trying starting with a value of 4 or 5
-This is not a 'tamed' 990, it will still be a handful just like the original
-You do not need to be so extreme with front rake angles, pre-load etc, the bike is more horizontal under acceleration
-Noticed it seems to like a stiffer rear set up
-It takes a few laps to adjust to the new handling
-You can brake harder and slides are easier to save, generally less prone to unexpected crashes
-You might notice you need to be more progressive with the throttle, all of the force no longer (correctly) acts down on the wheel in the same way as before but is used to lift the rear

The bike is just an experiment for beta7 and for comparison to stock.

I have done a lot of laps with it so it should be OK, any problems please be patient and let me know- i am new to this stuff  :)

Updated with better modified config
Got some feedback and noticed the oscillations on low sped corners - retweaked -new upload
One small change back to default for kYaw value - really cant work out exactly what it does so left default.-new upload

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ctW4QlgobdalJWV0ZSSW43VEE/view?usp=sharing

Yohji

steer dumper is I'm don't undestoood, nice edit work :)

BOBR6 84

h106frp

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 27, 2015, 06:47:00 PM
Brilliant!!!!!! ;D 8)

It will be interesting to see what you can get out of the setups with this bike Bob, hopefully if it all looks good Matty can add it to the MOD so that it can be used online

BOBR6 84

so far done about 10 laps.. made the bike very sluggish and under steer badly.. tried something else and the bike is Sharp!!! :o 8) lol. its awesome to feel these changes in the setups! Had some real nice hovering wheelies hard on the throttle too  8) lots to try.... TY   :)

h106frp

I think that was what really impressed me with Yohji's model. Without the strange rear squat behavior the garage settings actually seem to work to adjust the bike for different tracks and you actually get a bit of feed back from the bike. Hopefully a taste of what Beta8 will be like  :)

HornetMaX

I did something very simple and borderline stupid: take the default murasama, change the chassis_rsusp_max from 0.45 to 0.55 (that's 10cm higher !!), allow it 11 swingarmpivot_steps, no other change. In the garage, set the pivot to its max (11, if you use the min, 0, you have the default murasama).

The bike has some very visible anti-squat and seems to behave much much better when opening the throttle. My guess is that all feels better because there's more load on the front.

But of course 10cm is totally out of the ballpark, which makes me think there's something wrong somewhere.

Anyway, with the changes in beta8 (rear susp + ride height), this is probably all wasted work.

h106frp

The one really nice improvement i have noticed with the modified model is the slide behavior from both front and rear. I guess that with the rear not compressed all the time when the front slides it does not suddenly unload the rear of the bike so much.  Looking forward to B8  :)

r1rossi

I installed and bike is invisable

Loading into offline and bike mismatch

h106frp

Is the folder structure correct? the usual reason is having an empty folder above the actual bike folder

h106frp

November 29, 2015, 12:51:01 PM #10 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:11:07 PM by h106frp
Use the new download linked in the first post instead- it has the latest modified config

If anyone is interested in experimenting and giving some feedback try swapping the bike cnfg for this one (just rename or move the old one) in case of problems

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ctW4QlgobdYUNWaVFRNkdNdEE/view?usp=sharing

The front and especially rear mechanical damping has been increased, other values for damping stuff are original stock bike values. Steer mass is reduced. Surprisingly better stability on acceleration, nice floaty/hovering wheelies  :)

Also decided the steering damper code is very buggy, the damper makes things worse not better, basically backed the values off.

Thanks

Done a few more laps and i like this cfg much better - if no issues are reported i will update the main downloadable .
One thing i have noticed is you can now adjust the trajectory a bit when the front is off the deck like it was in 6c  :)

r1rossi

i re downloaded and still same errors.

am i doing something wrong?

doing the same as any other download.....

h106frp

Well i just updated the downloadable, downloaded, used it to replace my existing and it worked OK.

Can you post a screenshot of your bikes folder?

r1rossi

November 29, 2015, 03:35:57 PM #13 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:42:00 PM by r1rossi
I will try again.

Do i have to delete the original murasama bike ?

Quote from: h106frp on November 29, 2015, 03:07:01 PM
Well i just updated the downloadable, downloaded, used it to replace my existing and it worked OK.

Can you post a screenshot of your bikes folder?

h106frp

You only need to delete the previous version of this bike, T1. You still retain the original PiBoso Mura and Yohjis V3 if you have it. It just appears as a choice in the GP1000 class