• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:00:19 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Why is it so dificult to get a flat 'jump' in GPB

Started by h106frp, December 06, 2015, 12:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

December 06, 2015, 12:41:52 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:44:45 PM by h106frp
Might be doing something wrong, but i can never get the bike to do a flat jump in GPB. It always wants to climb on it back wheel producing a wheelie type effect. Watching something like the TT most small high speed crests lead to a fairly flat 2 wheel off the ground jump not vertical rear wheel in contact wheelies.

More like this (ballaugh);

Any ideas?

Yohji

Blackheart

December 06, 2015, 12:53:51 PM #2 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:55:51 PM by Blackheart
I think it was already discussed, there is still need to work on the physical "in air" with big bikes It is a bit better...

EDIT: Ops I had not read well, for the flat jump, It needs a super jump  ;D

h106frp

December 06, 2015, 01:07:03 PM #3 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:25:13 PM by h106frp
Jumping off a ledge seems to work (quite well) - i have seen that before. What puzzles me is the high speed 'hump back bridge' scenario where the bike climbs into a wheelie rather than compressing its suspension and then jumping fairly flat off the crest. Watching some hi-cam/slowmo footage it seems the wheelie should develop in flight or on landing and not on the leading slope as it does in GPB.

Does it work in MXB ? Would seem to be needed for those bits with a string of bumps one after the other (not sure of proper name)

I want to do this in GPB  ;D

yoshimura

December 06, 2015, 01:40:18 PM #4 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:42:54 PM by yoshimura
it is in beta, Patience ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we must think beta here ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

h106frp

I know - patience is a virtue  ;) At the moment i would just be grateful for the incline/lean angle fix. At the moment some tracks are a pain as the angle problem switches phase across the brow of a hill.

Hawk

Won't the bike fly a flatter plane if you push the rider forward during the jump? Not tried it yet, but when you look at the pics you can see how far forward the rider gets to balance the flight of the bike.  ;)

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.... Interesting.  ;D

Hawk.

h106frp

Oh no, not manual rider as well - hardcore ;)  Could take me forever to get to a bit of track with a decent jump  :D

I wish we had the option for  'override only' on rider movement

i.e. no rider position stick input = rider automatic as required by the virtual rider
       with rider position stick input = manual override move rider with stick position

Vini

h106frp

I have used rear brake and that does keep the nose of the bike hard down but does not give me a flat jump which would seem more realistic. Maybe i am not applying it at the correct moment ?

Vini

Hmm, I would say it's ok in GP Bikes.
It works good enough for Cadwell Park on the GP1000.

I think the problem of the backlfipping bike (when not using the rear brake or when still being on the throttle) has something to do with the front wheel being too light in general.

h106frp

I suppose i should mark this as closed as with a bit of effort i managed to do it. Not completely natural but good enough for now  :)

I did post the proof  ;D
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1075.msg45494#msg45494

Thanks for the input everyone.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on December 07, 2015, 01:59:13 PM
Hmm, I would say it's ok in GP Bikes.
It works good enough for Cadwell Park on the GP1000.

I think the problem of the backlfipping bike (when not using the rear brake or when still being on the throttle) has something to do with the front wheel being too light in general.

Maybe the C of G on the bikes is positioned too far back? Just a thought but might be worth a test?

But let's see what beta 8 brings.  ;)

Hawk.

Vini

December 07, 2015, 09:08:09 PM #13 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:40:27 PM by vin97
try experimenting with different levels of throttle and rear brake shortly before and while in jumps.

if you don't do anything while jumping, the bike also won't do anything and continue on it's trajectory.
the bike will only flip over if you go into the jump while the front has already lifted (which happens too quickly in this beta) or when the bike catches too much air. if this happens, just brake the rear wheel.

...it works pretty well