• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:18:56 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rant

Started by doubledragoncc, December 06, 2015, 07:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes.11

December 07, 2015, 01:40:51 PM #15 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:46:49 PM by Cory_Hayes.11
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 07, 2015, 01:34:25 PM
Quote from: Cory_Hayes.11 on December 07, 2015, 01:20:20 PM
Thank you for the reply,  You said on the KRP forum "There will be a small surprise feature, too." can you please verify what that is so that so we know what to and what not to work on?

It wouldn't be a surprise  :P

Is the feature night racing by any chance?

Well any idea when the next build will be released?????
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

JamoZ

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 07, 2015, 01:03:41 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on December 07, 2015, 12:06:06 PM
My comment got deleted aswell DD. Was nothing more then a funny remark that Driveclub at least didn`t have any core.exe`s  ::)

But as the past showed, humor isn`t allowed around this place  :-X

Quote from: Phathry25 on December 07, 2015, 05:46:09 AM
Lol. Pushy forum members.

What do you expect to accomplish by being an obnoxious jerk to him?

Closing a line of communication?  Stopping the daily development updates?  I can't really see any other result with your approach.

With all due respect, but i`m not sure you`ve been around for the many years of trying to live with GP bikes & PiBoSo. It drives alot of people insane...

Ranting is not humor... It is allowed nonetheless, as long as it's not OT.
There are a lot of potentially useful threads destroyed but what you call "humor".
And by the way: if you don't like this forum, why don't you leave?

If you find a comment like that a rant, you need to develop a thicker shell.

grimm

There are a lot of potentially useful threads destroyed but what you call "humor".

Funny thing is that as long as I have been with GP Bikes, through forum changes, meeting members, getting friends hooked on the sim when they are over for some shop talk and drinks. I've never once seen or stated myself any intentions of GP Bikes ever having a finished point, a time frame of development, or for that matter, Piboso, ever promising such a thing. I see the same names state the same things over and over as if it will somehow call attention to the point the 50th time they say it, like it wasn't seen the first 5 times. Really, it's like bringing your car to the dealership for service, and then asking the mechanic 50 times in a row if it is done yet, it won't make it get fixed any faster, most times the mechanic will TELL YOU when it is done.

In my opinion, the issues that exist have been, or will be addressed, and they will eventually be fixed. Waiting may be difficult, but that is what we sign up for buying into a product early into production/development. I've invested in some early access games over the years and most of them never really turn out as great as planned, and others become so amazing I feel a sense of pride having participated in the time it was being developed. GP Bikes is one of the few that will make it to the top, without a doubt. But as any good motorcycle build, a motorcycle sim will take some time to polish to perfection as well.

I think the most realistic thing said is if you don't like it, there is an exit. Nobody would come into your place of business and tell you how wrong you are doing something and yell at you to change everything about what you are doing to satisfy them, and if they did they would get kicked out with a quickness. Be helpful, make suggestions, hope they are seen, and wait for the product of development. Otherwise you are just contributing to the static noise that isn't getting anything done.

Piboso doesn't have to have a forum, it is a choice, we could all be sitting at the main page for GP Bikes clicking refresh waiting for a new beta, but instead we get to discuss it here. Some of the community needs to drop the entitlement BS and be helpful, or not participate.

Just my 2 cents on this. Not really meant to be picked apart and discussed.  ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: grimm on December 07, 2015, 04:04:13 PM

Funny thing is that as long as I have been with GP Bikes, through forum changes, meeting members, getting friends hooked on the sim when they are over for some shop talk and drinks. I've never once seen or stated myself any intentions of GP Bikes ever having a finished point, a time frame of development, or for that matter, Piboso, ever promising such a thing. I see the same names state the same things over and over as if it will somehow call attention to the point the 50th time they say it, like it wasn't seen the first 5 times. Really, it's like bringing your car to the dealership for service, and then asking the mechanic 50 times in a row if it is done yet, it won't make it get fixed any faster, most times the mechanic will TELL YOU when it is done.

In my opinion, the issues that exist have been, or will be addressed, and they will eventually be fixed. Waiting may be difficult, but that is what we sign up for buying into a product early into production/development. I've invested in some early access games over the years and most of them never really turn out as great as planned, and others become so amazing I feel a sense of pride having participated in the time it was being developed. GP Bikes is one of the few that will make it to the top, without a doubt. But as any good motorcycle build, a motorcycle sim will take some time to polish to perfection as well.

I think the most realistic thing said is if you don't like it, there is an exit. Nobody would come into your place of business and tell you how wrong you are doing something and yell at you to change everything about what you are doing to satisfy them, and if they did they would get kicked out with a quickness. Be helpful, make suggestions, hope they are seen, and wait for the product of development. Otherwise you are just contributing to the static noise that isn't getting anything done.

Piboso doesn't have to have a forum, it is a choice, we could all be sitting at the main page for GP Bikes clicking refresh waiting for a new beta, but instead we get to discuss it here. Some of the community needs to drop the entitlement BS and be helpful, or not participate.

+1

Spot on. It's insane that people keep asking the same questions and expecting there suddenly to be an awnser.  It is not as if all development has ceased and Piboso is off having a jolly as seen in his Dev diary. Progress is progress nomatter what.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JJS209

December 07, 2015, 04:35:42 PM #19 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:37:18 PM by JJS209
Quote from: grimm on December 07, 2015, 04:04:13 PM

very well said and i totaly agree with that.
for myself it was also a progress to get to this conclusion.

BOBR6 84

+1 nice  ;)

And it cost me €20 around 2 years ago lol. Still playing, still excited to see what comes next.. Cool project!  8)

WALKEN

Quote from: Blackheart on December 07, 2015, 09:01:07 AM
I suggest a more careful choice of moderators ... I just read my post (edited by a moderator) that is completely ridiculous ...

It was just my way of letting you know to be nice to HornetMax as your post was like poking at him in a cage, asking for a negative reply to further drag the topic off topic so you my friend are as guilty as anyone .  I love how your "suggestion" is to have a "more careful choice" of moderators. That is a great contribution to the forum along with steering the pot.

The point of this forum is to focus on GPBikes in its beta form and share suggestions along the way, not to vent about social issues within the forum with remarks with a-  :-X after it.

I must remain neutral as a Moderator and do what I think if fair/right and responding to your post I have already allowed you to further destroy the forum, shame on me!     
Help me, help you!

matty0l215

Quote from: WALKEN on December 07, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

It was just my way of letting you know to be nice to HornetMax as your post was like poking at him in a cage, asking for a negative reply to further drag the topic off topic so you my friend are as guilty as anyone .  I love how your "suggestion" is to have a "more careful choice" of moderators. That is a great contribution to the forum along with steering the pot.

The point of this forum is to focus on GPBikes in its beta form and share suggestions along the way, not to vent about social issues within the forum with remarks with a-  :-X after it.

I must remain neutral as a Moderator and do what I think if fair/right and responding to your post I have already allowed you to further destroy the forum, shame on me!     

I can only praise what you and Janaucarre do for this forum. Great work :D

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 07, 2015, 04:40:25 PM
+1 nice  ;)

And it cost me €20 around 2 years ago lol. Still playing, still excited to see what comes next.. Cool project!  8)

Also very very true :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

WALKEN

DD,

I deleted your post! Now go to your room and stand in the corner!
Help me, help you!

grimm

DD, the daily development thread addresses all those points, and it's not like the physics simulation or the netcode are ignored. Piboso has said a few times (maybe some people missed it) that it is being worked on and there isn't much need to be reminded weekly that there needs to be improvement.

Reading that the rear suspension simulation is being worked on and overall physics improvements are being made SHOULD be pretty clear that whatever buggy behavior you are experiencing will likely be resolved in the next beta. Since we've known one another you've been adamant about speaking very highly of the Alpha7 build, (while I don't agree that it is the best GP Bikes ever been) I don't see what stops you from using that particular build for testing and development of the controller, and hoping that your suggestions end up part of the next build. If it worked, use it, but the way GP Bikes has been going since Alpha7, for me at least, has been stepping forward every time a new build is released.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I feel as though GP Bikes in the current Beta is all the best of netBike (one of the best sims of its day, and wasn't even more than a tech demo), Tourist Trophy, TT Superbikes, MotoGP (any of them), and SBK all rolled into one realistic and tightly packaged simulator that never ceases to amaze me with the realistic bike behavior and ultra rewarding lap times. To expect it to be a polished, and user friendly, "simulator" is asking for two opposite things at once. Growth is painful, and the excess fat has to be trimmed from time to time. If you're not the one holding the key to the door of success, nor the one holding the knife to trim the fat, the most you can do is make a helpful suggestion and move on from there. Repeating it every few weeks or months is not speeding things up at all.

As long as I have been part of GP Bikes, I've been developing a particular motorcycle, you are one of the few that even know what that is, and know things about it that only the inner circle have privy to the knowledge of. If I was cranking out updates to the bike as fast as Piboso has done for GP Bikes I can say I would be done with it by now! You can't rush a great end result, and as you found by even mere suggestion to me about how to go about what I'm doing (or me suggesting how to do what you do with IA Systems) that not only does some of it never reach more than a simple conversation or debate, but it takes time, sometimes alot of it, to implement the changes. Patience is key here. Regardless of how you perceive Piboso's reaction to what you had to say, put yourself in the opposite end of it and imagine if Piboso did the same on your forum about your product, repeatedly, until you had heard it so many times you could recite the end of the sentence before getting 3 words into it.

The wheelie record bike got a new pair of shoes, and my contract rider is really happy with how things are going. The helpful suggestions of the many have driven the product to new heights, I'll be taking the monster to the dyno in a few months and then get my first test rides mid 2016. Much like Piboso and GP Bikes, it has been a long and difficult effort to get where I am at right now, and when it all is said and done, just like GP Bikes, it will always have criticism, but, it will always be my own work that made it happen.

(PM Chicane wheels, 17x6 rear and 17x3.5 front)

As the Bandit has helped me learn, you can't rush a great product no matter how many people want it to happen right now.  ;)

WALKEN

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 07, 2015, 05:48:16 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on December 07, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

I can only praise what you and Janaucarre do for this forum. Great work :D

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 07, 2015, 04:40:25 PM
+1 nice  ;)

Also very very true :P

Thank you Matty  :)

We have a good group of people here fellas so why not take your frustration out by being creative rather than negative as it only results in a derailed thread.  Everyone has to wait the same as you. By lashing out makes one look like they think they are above and beyond everyone else, not cool.

Maybe take a few pointers from Matty or Grimm or Hawk or Bob etc...

Bottom line is - don't be a douche!     
Help me, help you!

grimm

Quote from: WALKEN on December 07, 2015, 06:28:28 PM
Bottom line is - don't be a douche!   

Exactly!  ;D

Outside of the (only) motorcycle forum I am part of, GP Bikes forum is one of the least moderated and regulated of all forums I visit from time to time. The community seems pretty much self regulating and doesn't get off topic too often. Seems the best communities out there operate on that exact quote, Walken made, just don't be rude/entitled and things work pretty well.

I think the more Piboso adopts the attitude people like me have about building motorcycles, the better off the long run results will be. "Don't like how I built it? Build one that suits you!". If you think Piboso is going too slowly, not developing the right parts of the sim quick enough, well, put up or shut up. As far as I see, nobody but Piboso is doing anything even remotely close to what GP Bikes has achieved in such a short span of time.  8)

I think it is often forgotten, that GP Bikes was an abandoned project at one point and community support brought it back from the dead!! I feel an allegiance to this developer and the community as a whole. We are a niche market, and a very close nit community in the first place. Alienating each other or the developer is the complete opposite of what we are all hoping comes as an end result of GP Bikes as a whole.

A great quote for times like this, "Can't we all just get along?".  :P

Phathry25

Quote from: JamoZ on December 07, 2015, 12:06:06 PMWith all due respect, but i`m not sure you`ve been around for the many years of trying to live with GP bikes & PiBoSo. It drives alot of people insane...

Do I qualify as an early adopter?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Phathry25 on December 08, 2015, 05:35:14 AM
Quote from: JamoZ on December 07, 2015, 12:06:06 PMWith all due respect, but i`m not sure you`ve been around for the many years of trying to live with GP bikes & PiBoSo. It drives alot of people insane...

Sorry Jamoz, can't resist :)

Boerenlater

Quote from: Phathry25 on December 08, 2015, 05:35:14 AM

shots fired
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)