• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

100% realism option

Started by Slawi, December 17, 2015, 07:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slawi

Is there gonna be an option to switch to 100% realism during gameplay? ESC button only after stopping in pits, damages cost time to repair, setup changes cost time etc.?

Yohji

maybe you should change the playing game.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 07:06:43 AM
Is there gonna be an option to switch to 100% realism during gameplay? ESC button only after stopping in pits, damages cost time to repair, setup changes cost time etc.?

An "hardcore" option can be added if there are enough requests.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Slawi

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 17, 2015, 11:10:15 AM

That's something. Of course you're not gonna do that for one person. I hope there're people out there who would love to have that option. Thanks.

Stout Johnson

I wanna raise my hand for that "hardcore option" right now. I would also like to see mechanical wear, technical failure probability, car destruction from crashes on a realistic basis. I know that asking for deformation of the cars can only be done roughly (as already implemented for some parts), but I would especially like to see a car parts reacting to damage (not necessarily visually, but functionally). This would be especially helpful for all rallye mods for WRS.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Slawi

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 17, 2015, 12:05:49 PM

I wanna raise my hand for that "hardcore option" right now. I would also like to see mechanical wear, technical failure probability, car destruction from crashes on a realistic basis. I know that asking for deformation of the cars can only be done roughly (as already implemented for some parts), but I would especially like to see a car parts reacting to damage (not necessarily visually, but functionally). This would be especially helpful for all rallye mods for WRS.

I've never tried rally so I don't want to remark. I'm a circuit simracer and in circuit racing the main problem is over reving the engine. I don't know how it works in real life but I think some cars, when you want to downshift too soon, don't allow you to do that until it's safe for the engine. Of course, real life settings should be used here. There is no point to not use ABS if real cars use it. I hope racing cars don't have the over reving limiter so if you're too tough for the eninge you can destroy it after a while.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 12:18:08 PM
I hope racing cars don't have the over reving limiter so if you're too tough for the eninge you can destroy it after a while.
I can assure you, that Piboso has implemented this in his sims. I have not destroyed an engine in WRS yet (I am going easy on the engine on downshifts, just as in real life ;) ) But for GPBikes I have already destroyed engines by downshifting too aggressively.

Slawi

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 17, 2015, 12:37:51 PM
I hope racing cars don't have the over reving limiter so if you're too tough for the eninge you can destroy it after a while.
I can assure you, that Piboso has implemented this in his sims. I have not destroyed an engine in WRS yet (I am going easy on the engine on downshifts, just as in real life ;) ) But for GPBikes I have already destroyed engines by downshifting too aggressively.

Great to hear that. Actually, I'm still waiting for my broken Logitech 27 to come back home, so I'm lloking forward for trying WRS.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 12:42:12 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 17, 2015, 12:37:51 PM

Great to hear that. Actually, I'm still waiting for my broken Logitech 27 to come back home, so I'm lloking forward for trying WRS.
Cool. We can have a track day if you have your wheel back ;)

Tr!st@n

+1 for the Hardcore option, sounds like a great thing!  :)

Slawi

Quote from: Tr!st@n on December 17, 2015, 04:54:33 PM
+1 for the Hardcore option, sounds like a great thing!  :)

Good to see there're people here with the same approach to simracing  8)

crash61

I agree...100% realism....Hardcore...is much needed
Gauges?...Gauges?...We don't need no stinkin Gauges...screen009 by Terry, on Flickr

nuovaic

+1. Hardcore option is very much needed!

Alone

+1. I wish it will be implemented in all sims.