• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Dirt Oval suggestions round #1

Started by Torque, January 23, 2016, 02:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

January 23, 2016, 02:57:21 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:25:27 PM by Torque
This sim has excellent potential and I am grateful for all the time you have devoted to it. It is awesome that you personally take the time to help people with the sim and listen to their suggestions. Below are a few that I have come up with so far. It is not a comprehensive list. I have rated them 1-3 with 1 being least important and 3 being the most important.

Above all the stability of the sim needs to be better. There are still alot of users that get CORE errors. This will be the number one killer of this Sim. I get two semi consistent crashes. 1) it will crash when I am leaving a server after running alot of laps. 2) after a random crash it will crash again shortly after re joining the server. I will continue to monitor my crashes to help the debugging.

1.)          Rating: 3

The ability to push the sprint cars backwards. I have been in many on track incidents where a simple push backwards would avoid having to escape out to the pits.

2.)          Rating: 1

Better sprint car paint template. I feel it would be easier to paint if the side panels were all lined up as if they were on the car. From what I have read it also looks like graphics need to be reversed in order to show up on the car properly.

3.)          Rating: 1

A lap counter/leader board that is part of the scenery. Many dirt tracks have lap counters setup that are visible to the drivers and fans.

4.)          Rating: 2

More accurate times on the board that pops up on your screen when you cross the start/finish line. This needs to read out to the third decimal place.

5.)        Rating: 2

The ability to make the time board stay up permanently. Sometimes it disappears before I have a chance to look at it. This should also include a hide permanently function for those that like a more "hardcore" sim experience.

6.)         Rating: 2

A leader board that is view-able from the cockpit. This should show fastest times, on track position, time between cars etc. The user should have the option to permanently show/hide this.

7.)          Rating: 3

The ability to connect to a server without using the handling service. It is no fun if I can't race online because the handling server is down. Also we should have the ability to connect online if in some event the handling server goes down forever.

8.)         Rating: 3

The ability to manually set the race lineup from within the server.

9.)        Rating: 3

The ability to have multiple qualifying races and multiple main events. For example 30 cars show up to race. 3 qualifying races are held with 10 cars each and the top 6 in each race transfers to the A main. The remaining 12 cars run the B main. The top 2 from the B main transfer to the A main.

10.)          Rating: 2

The ability to set the starting orders randomly or inverse of the qualifying times.

11.)         Rating: 3

Control of the track grip/friction in the track files vs the cars tire files. No two dirt ovals are the same when it comes to grip. Also if the grip settings remain on the car side we could run into problems where certain cars act odd on certain tracks because of the order of the layers the track creator chose.

12.)         Rating: 3

Control of the terrain deformation rate in the track files.

13.)          Rating: 3

clay soil types. The grip in the clay should have a wetness variable that affects the grip. Clay becomes very tacky with the correct moisture/compaction. 100% dry is never the point that the track has the most grip.

14.)         Rating: 1

A material type that does not receive any deformation. It may be useful in some situations to have a hard stop on the point the track will deform to.

15.)         Rating: 1

The ability to see your own shadows from within the cockpit.

16.)        Rating: 3

The ability to turn the dust off. This may be very hard on some computers when there is alot of cars on the track.

17.)        Rating: 3

Anti roll bars for the sprintcars.

18.)         Rating: 3

Different tire compounds for the sprintcars.

19.)         Rating: Already possible

The ability to open setups from other tracks from the garage. Eventually there will be enough tracks where setups will work at more than one place. we need to be able to do this from the garage vs copying and pasting in the documents folder.

20.)          Rating: 1

Decreased load times for when you are entering a server with a highly deformed track. The time to load a track goes up dramatically when it is deformed. I understand there is quite a bit of data to transfer but any speed increase would help. I have waited over 5 minutes to connect to a server so far and I see this time increasing when you get larger amounts of cars running on the track.
Check out the Street Stock Beta! UPDATED FOR BETA 9

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3708.msg63094#new

Let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVinyl/

PiBoSo

January 23, 2016, 10:24:01 AM #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:15:26 AM by PiBoSo
Thank you.

Please note that 19 is already possible: from the "Garage" page, click on "Copy".
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Torque

Ok, thanks. I figured there might be a few that were already possible.

If you need further explanation on any of them let me know. I am happy to help.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Torque on January 23, 2016, 02:57:21 AM

Are you sure there are sway bars on sprint cars?
They seem to be banned at the front... Maybe at the rear?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Torque

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2016, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Torque on January 23, 2016, 02:57:21 AM

Are you sure there are sway bars on sprint cars?
They seem to be banned at the front... Maybe at the rear?

It looks like you are correct in regards to the front sway bar according to Woo and allstar sprint rules. Those rules are strictly for 410 winged cars. I didn't see anything about the rear sway bar not being allowed.

I also looked at USAC, Empire Super Sprints and the Lucas Oil sprint series rules. Non of them had rules against sway bars.

I guess it may be a matter of what rule book you want to build your car to.