• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:24:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[WIP for the AGV] Rossi Sepang winter test helmet

Started by Blackheart, February 08, 2016, 10:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Another day, another conspiracy :)

The hump and the foil on the back of the helmet both have clear aerodyn explanations. The hump is also functional (water and some protection).
If you want to think that they serve no practical purpose, it's up to you (and fine to me) :)

Also, people that buy race-replica helmet do not even care if it is the same helmet (most of the time, it is not): they just buy the same colors/graphics.
It's surely not the little foil on the back of the helmet (that by the way could be made available on a 60GBP helmet) that pushes them.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2016, 11:35:15 AM
Another day, another conspiracy :)

The hump and the foil on the back of the helmet both have clear aerodyn explanations. The hump is also functional (water and some protection).
If you want to think that they serve no practical purpose, it's up to you (and fine to me) :)

Also, people that buy race-replica helmet do not even care if it is the same helmet (most of the time, it is not): they just buy the same colors/graphics.
It's surely not the little foil on the back of the helmet (that by the way could be made available on a 60GBP helmet) that pushes them.

Oh I'm sure they can measure some benefits from these protrusions, but of any "real" significant benefit? I'd truly like to see the genuine data on that before I believe what they say over what I see as their product promotion reasons.

Don't you just love a good old conspiracy theory, Max?

"The truth is out there;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on February 09, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
Not really. Just this morning on the radio I was listening to a report about how youngsters just gobbles up *any* stupid theory the see on the internet and then just live by that.
It is taking some seriously embarrassing proportions.

Crap, we've hijacked another thread ... didn't we use to have a moderator around ? :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2016, 11:52:27 AM
Quote from: Hawk on February 09, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
Not really. Just this morning on the radio I was listening to a report about how youngsters just gobbles up *any* stupid theory the see on the internet and then just live by that.
It is taking some seriously embarrassing proportions.

Crap, we've hijacked another thread ... didn't we use to have a moderator around ? :)

Yeah I tend to agree with you on that, but some theories do seem to ring true in some aspects, if not totally true. But an open mind is a good mind, eh.  ;)

Hijacking? Hmmm....  I wouldn't quite go that far. After all, we were talking mostly about the helmet slipstream design aspects and it's relevant other(rider/bike slipstream issues) tangent subjects .... But anyway I'll step-off my soap-box for now before we get our wrists slapped. Lol  ;D 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE