• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:51:50 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Connection Timeout ... oh god i need help!

Started by ludo05, December 17, 2013, 08:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludo05

Hi guys!

since the beta4 released, i am struggeling to join any server in multiplayer mode, it keep saying me " connecting " and then " connection timeout "
i have openned the ports 10500 and 10510,reinstalled my game so many times that i can't count  ;D , tryed different internet setting on the game menu,  removed every trace of the game ect..

and at this point i don't know what else could i do... 

i just can't join any server for no reason

HornetMaX

Weird ...

can you host a server yourself and connect to it ?

MaX.

oppolo

if you join a server you dont' need open any ports, maybe it is like in krp that requires a registration?

ludo05

yup i can host a server and play on it!

i'm so confused, i don't know what to do for fix that..

oppolo

Quote from: ludo05 on December 17, 2013, 10:59:46 PM
yup i can host a server and play on it!

i'm so confused, i don't know what to do for fix that..

doesn't matter if you can join your server, I know nothing about online of this game, ask someone if it requires registration for join servers, not your one

Docfumi

Perhaps during one of your reinstalls you typed a different nickname then what you are registered under,
and make sure you have a profile name and number, I am not so sure the really matters but check your nickname anyway.

Goodluck  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

ludo05

hello guys! thank you for you'r answers! but finally for no reason yesterday night i have been able to join multiplayers servers!
so then it's working again.. hallelujah  :D :D

wulfgaard

Hi,

I've got a similar problem. When I try to join a populated server, the game loads, says that it is connected but nothing happens. I waited for 1 hour without result...

I would really like to learn by practicing but I don't know how to solve this problem.

Thanks for any help provided,

Cheers,

Hawk

On a first install of GP Bikes, and when you try to connect to the server, a windows Connection box usually pops up behind the main GP Bikes screen(So you cannot see it). In that box it's asking if you want to allow GP bikes to connect to the server; you need to just click okay and it will allow you to connect. You only have to do this once.

Sometimes it's hard to catch it because if you EXIT GP Bikes it often closes with the program, so best thing on first attempt online server connection after first install is to press Ctrl+Alt+Del(after you've tried to connect with the online server)and select the task manager from the blue screen menu that pops up and that will reduce GP Bikes into your task bar enabling you to see the windows connection permissions box. Once you have given your authority for GP Bikes to connect to the server you should have no problem.

Also on windows systems, before you install Gp Bikes, Right Click on the GP Bikes.exe file and go to properties and click the "Unblock" Button on the box that pops up. It all helps for a trouble free install. :)

wulfgaard

Hawk

Klax75

I get this too when I try to join a host that I can't see there ping. This related to me trying to host problems I've been having since some where I am not sending or receiving some pings.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 18, 2013, 04:53:01 PM
On a first install of GP Bikes, and when you try to connect to the server, a windows Connection box usually pops up behind the main GP Bikes screen(So you cannot see it). In that box it's asking if you want to allow GP bikes to connect to the server; you need to just click okay and it will allow you to connect. You only have to do this once.
Correct Hawk! It was so automatic for me that I didn't think about pointing this out.

A simple Alt+Tab may worktoo, as a Windows+D (that minimizes everything and goes back to desktop).

Just to be sure it is very clear, this thing has to be done only the first time you run gpb after an install.

MaX.

wulfgaard

Hi everyone,

I tried to eliminate potential causes to explain my inability to enter online servers and...

Problem solved.... well almost! :)

I remove the XInput plugin and then I were able to enter servers.

But now I can't use the accelerator (RT)  and the fr brakes (LT) at the same time... oh well... not too serious.

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,

HornetMaX

Quote from: wulfgaard on December 19, 2013, 03:01:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I tried to eliminate potential causes to explain my inability to enter online servers and...

Problem solved.... well almost! :)

I remove the XInput plugin and then I were able to enter servers.
Very unlinkely this is the real reason.

MaX.