• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

No replacement for displacement!

Started by WALKEN, February 16, 2016, 03:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Quote from: vin97 on February 20, 2016, 07:07:32 PM
Stout, this is a bit far fetched since there are also car drivers who use their vehicle just for fun from time to time.
And, as you probably know, this is already illegal in Germany, so emission laws are not the right place to deal with this 'phenomenon' (lol).
Maybe some car drivers do that from time to time (I don't, and well probably only those with sexy sports cars really do that), whereas many bike rides are just for fun without a real necessary transportation reason. But whatever, it's not a particular important point of the discussion anyhow...

And it is not punishable. What you mean is the obvious running back and forth (and showing off) on city roads that can be punished in Germany. If I take my bike to the after-work joyride over different roads, then this cannot be punished whatsoever...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 20, 2016, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 20, 2016, 07:09:14 PM
But exterminating the none harmful preferences of the minority 5% to satisfy the envy of the majority is spot on the mark when talking about EU parliamentary attitudes. In other words, "If I have to do this then you have to do it too", even if what your doing has no substantially harmful effects whatsoever in comparison to the harm they have to stop.
According to your reasoning, as there are so few Ferraris and Hummers around, these cars owners (or constructors) could say "WTF ?! We are so few, let's drop the emissions limitations for us and keep them on Fords, Skodas and Fiats". Do you see the problem now ?

Hmmm.... Okay. No that's not my reasoning at all......

It's obvious that with so many 4 wheeled vehicles driven in this world that their exhaust emissions are going to have a major effect on air quality; and a car is a car whether it's a Ferrari or whatever. But you want to include motorcycles into that category and treat them all the same because your breaking it right down to the direct source of polluting exhaust emissions, whether it be a car or a bike, your saying both have a combustion engine so all of them should be emission restricted. Am I right?

Looking at it seriously you do have a valid point if your looking at it from that particular point of view. But I think comparing individual makes of cars with motorcycle owners is pushing the comparisons a little too far. I mean you could break down any modern object to it's source of pollution, be that in it's use or manufacture. So should we start restricting the use of everything for fear of using it?
We just need to get things into perspective instead of looking at things in black and white and making cold decisions without taking into account the comparative harm they are doing.

Believe me,  I can see your point of view, and Stouts.  It doesn't mean I have to agree with it. That's why in politics it's so difficult to come to any compromise or agreements between nations.  Differing opinions, differing points of view, not because they don't understand were your coming from. :)

Hawk.

WALKEN

Some people pollute the air just by opening their mouth, lol (Disclaimer-its a joke)
Help me, help you!

matty0l215

Aaannnndddd they raped it...

What the fuck is this shit....
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 25, 2016, 11:09:46 PM
Aaannnndddd they raped it...

What the fuck is this shit....

Noooo! But i still want one no matter what colors they paint it :D
Meyer#12