• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:54:05 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

No replacement for displacement!

Started by WALKEN, February 16, 2016, 03:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Oh yes!

This is  going to be brilliant!! ;D

Finally time to show everone how inferiour 2 smokes are nowerdays ;) :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 16, 2016, 03:45:27 PM
Oh yes!

Haha! This will be very interesting indeed...... Get ready to eat your helmet Matty! Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.

WALKEN

Oh yes!

Just a bit of a reminder-   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMUiClqXeJs

Alex Barros seems to be getting on well against bikes with double the displacement, imagine if they had introduced 750cc 2 strokes. 
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2016, 04:07:03 PM
Oh yes!

Alex Barros seems to be getting on well against bikes with double the displacement, imagine if they had introduced 750cc 2 strokes.

He did a brilliant job there, I enjoyed watching that! Thanks WALKEN!  ;D 8)

Yeah... They should've gone with the 750 2 strokes instead of changing to the 4 stroke devil machines.... Bloody politics!  :P

Hawk.

WALKEN

Hawk, the reality is, the 990 4 strokes would have been eaten alive if that had been the case.

People can debate 2 stroke vs 4 stroke to the end of the earth but the reality of it remains very clear. You can't consider one to be better than the other as they are simply different and should never compete in the same class.

In my personal opinion 2 stroke bikes are way more fun to ride and either put a huge smile on your face or scare the colon out of you!   
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2016, 05:38:47 PM
Hawk, the reality is, the 990 4 strokes would have been eaten alive if that had been the case.

People can debate 2 stroke vs 4 stroke to the end of the earth but the reality of it remains very clear. You can't consider one to be better than the other as they are simply different and should never compete in the same class.

In my personal opinion 2 stroke bikes are way more fun to ride and either put a huge smile on your face or scare the colon out of you!   

Very true mate, and we have had many discussions here in the forum about this subject; a lot on my part is just banter with the 4 stroke supporters, I love winding them up and likewise I'm sure they love winding us 2 stroke supporters up too. Hehe.

However, I do feel that the 2 stroke 500cc championships should be brought back or even create a 750cc 2 stroke championships, also I think they should bring back the 350cc 2 stroke WC's..... I'm convinced that the majority of the public would go to watch them rather than the 4 strokes..... They are not only more fun to ride but more fun to watch too in my opinion.  It would also be interesting to see what would happen if the majority went to watch the 2 strokes and very few watched the 4 strokes? Would they finally scrap the 4 stroke events? That would be very interesting to see what would happen. "Power to the people!"  Hehe. ;D

Hawk.

WALKEN

Here is my derogatory remark of the day-

4 stroke bikes are like watching front wheel 4 cylinder cars with turbos burn out  ;)

Garden tractors are cool but why try and make them fast?
Help me, help you!

Vini

Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2016, 05:38:47 PMYou can't consider one to be better than the other
You can when it's about pure performance (which is the goal of a pure race bike) and two stroke is the clear winner.
Less weight, more power and smaller. Pretty simple.

Anyway, really looking forward to onboard videos from the Suter at the IOM!

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on February 16, 2016, 04:32:35 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2016, 04:07:03 PM

He did a brilliant job there, I enjoyed watching that! Thanks WALKEN!  ;D 8)

Yeah... They should've gone with the 750 2 strokes instead of changing to the 4 stroke devil machines.... Bloody politics!  :P

Hawk.

nowadays ;) :P

Go home you dinosaurs :P (jokes)

No more until they race and ill see if i have to eat my helmet  8) ;D

WALKEN

Quote from: vin97 on February 16, 2016, 08:10:06 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2016, 05:38:47 PMYou can't consider one to be better than the other
You can when it's about pure performance (which is the goal of a pure race bike) and two stroke is the clear winner.
Less weight, more power and smaller. Pretty simple.

Anyway, really looking forward to onboard videos from the Suter at the IOM!

Putting it in the context as you have then its simple- 2 stroke will always win hands down.  Its pure fact! No debating!  a 990cc 2 stroke vs a 990cc 4 stroke would be comical. This is why I made the statement about them being completely different and shouldn't race together as it takes double the displacement in a 4 stroke to match a 2 stroke = more weight etc. If both had equal CC's than the 4 stroke would be left so far in the dust it would be a laughing stock.

Any engine within reason can be built to beat another engine. If MotoGP used both 2 and 4 strokes with the same CC output, there wouldn't even be a race.         
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

Hehe but 4 strokes already won!  ;) ;D ;D sorry

matty0l215

BOBR6 84

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on February 16, 2016, 10:21:41 PM
Putting it in the context as you have then its simple- 2 stroke will always win hands down.  Its pure fact! No debating!  a 990cc 2 stroke vs a 990cc 4 stroke would be comical. This is why I made the statement about them being completely different and shouldn't race together as it takes double the displacement in a 4 stroke to match a 2 stroke = more weight etc. If both had equal CC's than the 4 stroke would be left so far in the dust it would be a laughing stock.

Any engine within reason can be built to beat another engine. If MotoGP used both 2 and 4 strokes with the same CC output, there wouldn't even be a race.       
People always seem to think that displacement is all that matters. Saying things like "990cc 2 stroke vs a 990cc 4 stroke would be comical" is just equivalent to say things like (in a F1 context) "a 1.500cc atmospherical vs 1.500cc turbo charged would be comical". It would be comical all right, just as "500cc 2 stroke vs 500cc nuclear would be comical". As a bonus, nobody will even think to create a 990 2 stroke (no more than people are thinking about creating a 1980cc 4 stroke). I'm not even sure a 750cc 2 stroke is needed: 500cc could still be the sweet spot.

But what about 500cc 2 stroke vs 990cc 4 stroke (which technically is what one could call a fair comparison) ? Or, if you dispute the fairness of that, what about whichever displacement for 2 and 4 strokes, but with limited fuel (because in the end, no matter the displacement, the energy that goes in depends on how much fuel you burn) ? Would that still be "comical" ?

Anyway: if that bike was as fast as many seem to think it is, Suter would *not* take it to the TT. He would take it to a known, iconic racetrack, with a known rider and would smash laptime records with it in front of journos from the world's top motorbike mags. Could you imagine the instant attention it would attract from media and bikers ? But somehow, I doubt it will happen, and rightly so. Because romantic people prefer a nice video with the "sound of the beast" (revving up, bike standing still in a parking lot, smoke included).