• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:22:47 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Vertical ballast adjustment.

Started by Phathry25, February 21, 2016, 06:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

In some dirt cars you want to be able to raise and lower your ballast depending on how much you want the car to roll.  I've been working on one of those.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Phathry25 on February 21, 2016, 06:37:41 PM
In some dirt cars you want to be able to raise and lower your ballast depending on how much you want the car to roll.  I've been working on one of those.

Ok.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

grimm

If I recall correctly the ballast weight in sprint and outlaw is strictly to get the monsters to handle at a more extreme level on certain banked surfaces. Hence why I totally +1 what Phathry25 is saying. Even if you experiment with it in your free time please check it out, would make the dirt track car a completely different and very manageable animal on the dirt if you could change the ballast weight to reflect a low or high center on the car to get a better turn in, or more mid corner grip for a faster run off the apex.

Being that something I'm pursuing is highly experimental with counter weight on a motorcycle I would love to see some experimentation with this even on a car in a simulator.  ;)

Phathry25

It's already possible to move the ballast vertically in the CFG file. I was asking for the option to be added to the garage.

Thanks PiBoSo.