• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Deleting forum account

Started by ptrshpt, February 28, 2016, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrshpt

February 28, 2016, 08:05:36 AM Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:51:40 PM by ptrshpt
-

doNico

Hi,

Can I ask, is there any reason for you to delete your account? As far as I know, you have to delete all your posts one by one. But, is there any need to?

Greetings
~doN

HornetMaX

Manual delete I'd say. Not sure what would be the point though: I don't recall you posting embarassing/compromising stuff.

PiBoSo

Quote from: ptrshpt on February 28, 2016, 08:05:36 AM
Please, can someone tell me if i delete my forum account will all my posts and topics be deleted?
Or should i remove them individually before deleting the account?

Could you please write the reason?  :o
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Quote from: ptrshpt on February 28, 2016, 08:14:47 PM
I said it a few times but it seems i couldn't make myself understood.

I'll try it one more time.
So here we go again.

Since i found out about Gp-bikes (beta4) i played it almost every day. I rarely  took a short break for a few days.
I played it onboard, with manual rider lean, manual clutch and rear brake.
Clutch on left thumbstick backward and rear brake on left thumbstick forward.
For the rider lean i used a second keyboard like below, pressing the keys with my feet:

Until bet8 everything was fine. For the rider forward lean all i had to do was pressing a key.
When the bike moved, the rider assumed the "half forward lean". Above a certain speed he leaned all the way down.
I didn't used backward lean at all.

The half  forward lean being removed in beta8, if i use a key for F/B lean the rider leans all the way forward, all the time.
It's not realistic and i don't like it.
Now i must use the thumbstick for F/B lean. Although i like the fact that the user has control over the full forward lean,
it's very distracting to keep the half forward lean. When i shift or brake i can't keep thumbstick still and
i must split my attention between riding the bike and checking this half forward lean i keep talking about.
And i can't use manual clutch and rear brake.

I could use automatic F/B lean but i don't like the back and forth movement. I don't think it's realistic.
Real riders don't lean forward depending on how much throttle they apply and don't lean backward depending on how much brake they apply.
From what i've seen in motogp riders use only 2 position for forward lean.
Half forward lean and full forward lean. Until beta8 it was nice and easy but not anymore.

If i can't play Gp-bikes the way i like, the way i used to, i don't want to play it at all.

Being the only one to complain about the new F/B lean i understand why beta7 F/B lean won't be added as alternative.

So all i can do is give up, leave and forget about it.

This is the reason i want to delete my account, all my posts and topics.

There is no need to be so negative  :)
If you have the patience to wait for the next build, for sure something will be added to try to solve your problem.
It will not be the first time a feature has been added at the request of one person only  ;)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

February 28, 2016, 09:33:42 PM #5 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:36:35 PM by vin97
I seriously have no idea what your problem is, ptrshpt.
Excuse for getting a bit direct here but why on earth don't you just use (full) manual rider lean?
You don't have this problem of keeping the stick half way between it's circumference and it's centre when you use the stick to control L/R rider lean, too.
When standing the bike up as you get on the throttle, you would move the rider lean stick up from east/west to north along 'it's circumference' to smoothly go from maximum lateral lean to maximum longitudinal lean (tucking in completely). This will give you your "half forward lean" but with a smooth transition. It's very intuitive and you won't even have to think about.

By the way, this "half forward lean" you are always talking about was a bug that PiBoSo thankfully finally fixed.
It (the transitions) looked very unrealistic and were problematic handling wise because they used to upset the bikes a lot and induce wobbles.

Also, did I get it wrong or are you playing GP Bikes with a keyboard?

You say it's not realistic to to have the auto rider F/B lean controlled by throttle input but how else is the game supposed to guess in which 'stage' of cornering you are currently in and how many centimeters you want the rider to move in which direction???
Please realize that if PiBoSo implements your idea, he is basically going to put together a whole rider animation model just for your specific personal taste.
It would be a complete waste of coding time, which could be spend on creating completely moddable riders so that everybody (not just you) gets exactly the rider animation (s)he wants.

Quote from: ptrshpt on February 28, 2016, 08:14:47 PMIf i can't play Gp-bikes the way i like, the way i used to, i don't want to play it at all.

Being the only one to complain about the new F/B lean i understand why beta7 F/B lean won't be added as alternative.

So all i can do is give up, leave and forget about it.

This is the reason i want to delete my account, all my posts and topics.
Grow up.

Blackheart

QuoteAlso, did I get it wrong or are you playing GP Bikes with a keyboard?

Keyboard with... the feet ... look at the post above.  :o

Ok this is very strange  :D

TFC

I actually really like the concept of using a keyboard with all keys removed bar the ones mapped for foot control, kind of ingenious!

Vini

I agree that it's a cool idea but it's still a digital input device so it's fundamentally not suited for what ptrshpt wants to do with it.

BOBR6 84

I will never, ever buy a 2nd hand used keyboard....  ;D ;D

Blackheart

TFC

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 28, 2016, 10:59:18 PM
I will never, ever buy a 2nd hand used keyboard....  ;D ;D

Well, no.. There is that.. But one of my old keyboards would be less gross lol..

h106frp

February 29, 2016, 12:22:35 AM #12 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:26:03 AM by h106frp
Looks like we need DD to invent a fully analogue foot controlled lean device  ;)

Oh, already being done  8)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/3drudder-foot-controls-ces-2015/

doubledragoncc

I do add on foot controls for game pads too!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.