• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problems with xboxone pad vs keyboard in gpb beta 8 and mxb beta4.......

Started by AlbertAntoni, March 03, 2016, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertAntoni

Hello, we are a group of players from the installation of new beta of Gpb8 and Mxb4 have compatibility issues with keyboard and xboxone pad when we are on track, the keyboard does not work .... update or provide any solution please.

Another question to know what the bikemods needed in the beta8 to enter Open category as it always goes missing bike.
Thanks!!!!

TFC

Hey AlbertAntoni

I got around this by downloading the xinput plugin.. Download http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/xinput.dli and put it in your GPB plugins folder.

Then make sure you start GPB WITHOUT your controller connected, then once in the menu connect your controller and you shouldn't even need to calibrate. Just map buttons / sticks / keys.

Only started happening today to me too, must have been some kind of update..

PiBoSo

A user reported that, on Windows 10, updating the Xbox One drivers solves the issue.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

TFC

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 03, 2016, 03:32:52 PM

A user reported that, on Windows 10, updating the Xbox One drivers solves the issue.

I've got the latest driver (according to Windows) for the Xbox One controller, and according to Windows I have no outstanding updates which would have included the Xbox app..  :-[

AlbertAntoni

It does not work with the latest update, or the xinput, who already have put in pluggins. connecting the pad after starting the game, does not work .... The keyboard only works in the garage in chat, on track we have to disconnect the pad to use the keyboard and return to garage :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

TFC

Sorry man, working for me.. I feel your pain.

Have you tried remapping the controller without calibrating after using xinput and plugging in after launch?

Also try going to device manager, xbox controller, update, browse and pick a different driver?

doubledragoncc

Have any of you tried the usual, FRESH install of GPB or MXB once you have your Windows sorted OR an OVER  THE TOP installation which wont effect MODS but will re write ini type files?

This helps cure a few core issues to once in a while

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TFC

I've done a completely fresh install (removing even profiles and license) and get the same problem using the default unnamedprofile with nothing custom back in, just default fresh installed MXB.

DD, what is an OVER THE TOP installation?

doubledragoncc

Exactly as it sounds. You just install GPB or MXB over the one you have already without removing anything.

It has helped few people our especially with core crashes.

This was someone else's tip and worked for me

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TFC

Ah, sorry mate, missed the obvious there and assumed you meant over the top as in excessive lol..

HornetMaX

@Albert: does the pad work properly in Windows ? Can you calibrate it in windows first ?