• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:44:32 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Autoreset option

Started by Blackheart, March 06, 2016, 11:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Sounds good, some workaround for a runaway bike would be needed of course (no R to reset). 2 minutes of runaway followed by 2 minutes of delay might get a tad rage-quitty lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I had the worst run away bike on Snetterton on the first corner testing button bounce and the bike ran away for like 10 secs, hit the barrier, did a frickin U-turn, came BACK towards me, dissapeared into the trees until it found the one and only frickin hole and crashed GPB!!! Bike runaway needs to be sorted dude, It should be part of the reset program, an automatic STOP of the bike after so long. Then the auto reset. I've had a bike go almost 40 frickin seconds even running along the damn barriers!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

PiB changed the runaway for B7 in that it can now be stopped with R but there are still times when this does not work. I don't know the criteria for it working or not working. In this suggested method of auto reset it would take the ability to stop a runaway, away.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Yeah, but runaway is a different issue, the bike with no rider is just way too stable.
As a workaround, there could be a limit to runaway time (time the bike goes on with no rider).

doubledragoncc

Lightbulb light......................

Well pointed out Max. With no rider the bike is Too stable, in my MXB test where the MX rider and GP rider were siting wrong on the bike but it was stable as hell, smooth as a babies botty!!! I know its off topic but a very interesting point.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 08:47:54 AM
I had the worst run away bike on Snetterton on the first corner testing button bounce and the bike ran away for like 10 secs, hit the barrier, did a frickin U-turn, came BACK towards me, dissapeared into the trees until it found the one and only frickin hole and crashed GPB!!! Bike runaway needs to be sorted dude, It should be part of the reset program, an automatic STOP of the bike after so long. Then the auto reset. I've had a bike go almost 40 frickin seconds even running along the damn barriers!!!

DD

I'll sort that hole for the next update(to be released soon).  ;)

Thanks DD.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Its in the trees to the left of the track where all the campers take a dump. Wear a mask when workin on it.

DD

Grooveski

What'd be nice would be a pukka respawn line.

...like an AI race spline but just for respawning with a control variable for each point to set on or off.  i.e. don't respawn on this section, go back to the last 'on' bit.
Then you could lay out a line staying as offline as possible, take it onto the grass where need be, start folk off on slip roads and runoff area, etc.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 11:13:15 AM
Its in the trees to the left of the track where all the campers take a dump. Wear a mask when workin on it.

DD

ROFL!!  ;D

Already fixed mate. (Still giggling here) Lol ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on March 24, 2016, 11:34:06 AM
What'd be nice would be a pukka respawn line.

...like an AI race spline but just for respawning with a control variable for each point to set on or off.  i.e. don't respawn on this section, go back to the last 'on' bit.
Then you could lay out a line staying as offline as possible, take it onto the grass where need be, start folk off on slip roads and runoff area, etc.

Good idea Grooveski. Almost the same as being able to edit the min/max lines currently in GPB, you could achieve the same results.  ;)

Hawk.