• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 5 | S80 Secret Mix @ Croft (bumpy) | WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 14, 2016, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 16, 2016, 02:42:50 PM
Yep shit load of double shifts and it ruins the fun. It is only a simple bit of code to fix for switch bounce which you are all now starting to see and it can also be done by turning the shift time up to 6 to 8 as it depends on gear ratio!!!

If we ALL said right now.........fuck it and changed the bikes cfg to a higer number and the bike on the server was the same the problem will be gone for now??

We have options, wait forever for piboso to fix it and suffer for a year or fix it ourselves.

DD

If a solution has been found, if only temporary till Piboso fixes the switch bounce issue, then best to PM Yohji(bike author) with the solution.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I just tested it on croft bumpy and I was going on the Varese thinking with the last figures, BUT, with this lil thing it took 0.10 to fix it!!!

All I edited in the bikes S80 2st.cfg was ..................   UpshiftTime = 0.10

at 0.09 it was still double shifting between 5th and 6th

It felt sooo much better to do a lap with NO double shifts!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

Thats the problem on GPB forums, unless people get a problem they dont care about it which leaves us people that have a problem screwed. This is not about individual satisfaction it is a community and a sim should work 100% for ALL not just the majority. If their is a cure then it should be noted. Just because you are told by Piboso that 0.02 is better and faster does not mean it is technically correct!!! He is NOT God.

The point is, this just shows that people are in the end willing to just except a persons word for gospel. This sim is written using a gamepad!!!! The world no longer uses JUST gamepads, there are wheel systems, joysticks and custom controllers now. If a programming code that is written just for gamepads, causes problems for other users it should be fixed.

If you change that ONE simple value, it will cure it for ALL, same for downshifting which many are having!!!! You do NOT have to change other values to make it work, you dont have to over complicate a simple bloody error, just fix it.

P has not done any work on GPB for 6 days, so how long before I and others can ride without shifting errors, and some ARE using  gamepads!!!

WE can fix it if we work together. We can fix it for tonights race if we wanted but those that dont have a problem stop us from doing it, that is selfish and unfair!!!

This is a sim for all, can we please think about others and not just our own enjoyment in the race.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

I agree DD! If there is a fix that will help the people who have problems, we should of course ask the maker of the bike to fix it, so everyone can enjoy the game and the races!

I don't say we shouldn't fix it just because i don't have that problem and i totally agree with you on all your points there!

If we can get Yohji to fix it or his approval to fix it, i think it would be only fair to do it!

Meyer#12

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk on March 16, 2016, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 16, 2016, 02:42:50 PM
Yep shit load of double shifts and it ruins the fun. It is only a simple bit of code to fix for switch bounce which you are all now starting to see and it can also be done by turning the shift time up to 6 to 8 as it depends on gear ratio!!!

If we ALL said right now.........fuck it and changed the bikes cfg to a higer number and the bike on the server was the same the problem will be gone for now??

We have options, wait forever for piboso to fix it and suffer for a year or fix it ourselves.

DD
word

If a solution has been found, if only temporary till Piboso fixes the switch bounce issue, then best to PM Yohji(bike author) with the solution.  ;)

Hawk.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

Thanks Meyer, that's the attitude that we need here, this is after all a sport and we should act accordingly. If you just want to win and dont care about how, this is no place to be. Half the fun is the challenge, but when some have an advantage over others, it is no longer a fair sport. I am losing precious seconds every lap as I have permanent double up shifts, others have said they have down shift problems, that means we are at a big disadvantage before we even start.

This can be easily fixed by P, a simple code for one, that can be done in a day, or the addition to be able to change shifting speed in game as if having a different transmission. It would solve a problem that MANY software houses have come across recently due to new controllers on the market, this includes SMS, Kunos and others!!!

Sorry if you find it off topic but it is about this race and all others.

DD

Meyer#12

I agree mate!

I am sure that if you write to Yohji he will either fox it or allow you to make a fix for now and i am sure the riders who have signed up are willing to install the fixed version for tonights race, right guys?

I mean it is the least we can do, so everyone is having fun :)

Have you contacted Yohji?
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

March 17, 2016, 11:59:16 AM #38 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:40:25 PM by Napalm Nick
Yeh sure if everyone is happy to install it, stick a link up DD so everyone can get the same one. If we leave it to modifying our own it will be like a bomb in a paint factory.

If anyone doesn't want to use it say now.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

March 17, 2016, 12:13:17 PM #39 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:15:18 PM by doubledragoncc
Just waiting on a reply from Yohji. Maybe some of you could test it to see what you think.

In the bikes S80 2st.cfg file using notepad edit:

UpshiftTime = 0.02  change to 0.10
DownshiftTime = 0.06 change to a higher value if you have double down shift until it stops. Then report it here. Dont forget we need a value that works for ALL as the cfg must be the same for ALL.

I dont get double down shifts and yes I swapped buttons to see if it was my up shift button and it is not!!! I just dont get double down shifts.

DD

Meyer#12

I have no trouble with downshifts, on some tracks and some bikes i have upshift or downshift problems, but that is only that it won't change gear first time i press the gear shift button.

So i think we can leave downshift and just adjust the upshift, or what do people say?
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Personally I only have upshift problems ....so far
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Someone, I think Hawk said online yesterday they had down shift problems so it must be both to be fair

DD

Hawk

The downshift problem I'm having is simply that it doesn't register a downshift at times, especially if I'm downshifting pretty fast, so I end up in a higher gear than I expect entering a corner which sends me wide..... It's a royal pain in the "Arse".

Not sure if the downshift problem is to do with the work Piboso was saying was still needed for the gearbox or not? In which case this downshift issue isn't something that could be sorted through the physics files, but I'm not sure on that.  :-\

Hawk.

teeds