• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

Looking awesome, with the whole rig set up is gonna be fantastic mate brilliant work DD.... Check your pm box please.

doubledragoncc

Thanx Toomes.

PM checked and will get back to you asap tonight. In the middle of some work.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

So here is todays update.............

FINALLY finished the wiring for the handlebars system completely.................WOOHOO

Its been 4 months of battle and worry it would not work out as I wanted, but it is just that and so much more. I am really happy with the outcome and now just have to do the foot controls and do a full test then make it all look pretty. Here are some pics of the complete handlebar unit Except that one screw hole I need to drill lol) and the preliminary test ride in GP Bikes on the Honda RC213V 2015 MotoGP bike from Manu on Mugello race circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/v/mLzpfA_a8L4

It's getting closer to being finished. I hope to do a full test by the end of the week. So far it is perfect. Worked 100% on the first try!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Wow looks a reet trick unit that DD. Very nice indeed!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Thanks bro.

love the pic, lucky puppy lol

DD

Warlock

It already looks pretty and compact DD  8)

Well done m8

Meyer#12

Looks very nice already! When you finish everyone on the GPB forum will be waiting in line to get one of your systems!  ;)

And then you will be fastest when everybody have to learn to race with that and you have already had a lot of experience with it  ;D i see what you are doing there DD! :o

Awesome work!!!!
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Thanks bro.....................

Yeah my plan of world domination is working lol.................

In reality, the system is so easy to use and if you ride IRL it is all natural actions. The only thing is your muscle memory you have from using a toy gamepad lol.

DD

HornetMaX

@ddcc: if it is as good as it looks, your next task should be to see if you can shave its price down when producing in small batches (e.g. 10 units).
And figure out a nice way to ship this stuff all around the world :)

doubledragoncc

I have a good shipper but it is still a biggish box as the system now comes almost complete. Takes about 5 to 10 mins to setup.

I am unemployed and have no money mate. I cant afford to build 10 systems!!! These are not CHEAP plastic crap. I may 3D print but its high quality ABS and 40+ hours printing time!!! ONE complete system is 40 hours of actual work so these are not mass produced and people need to understand they are a HANDMADE product.

I wish I had the £200,000 to get a commercial 3D printer but I dont lol. I am working on a kickstarter type project but need to finish the Hs2 completely and be happy before I start it.

If I was rich I would just give you all one!!!

I can only do my best and naturally buying parts in bulk is cheaper but you have to have money to do that so until then I can do nothing.

I make bugger all profit on them now, maybe £50 if I am lucky, but it is not about the money in many ways, its about actually having a product to offer in the first place and not one that uses other companies controllers to do it.

DD

HornetMaX

That's understood dd. What I meant is for you to work out what would be the price for producing a small lot (10 sounds reasonable), then come here and open reservations and wait for 10 to pile up.
Eventually you could ask for a partial payment down from the start (just to be sure you're not dealing with kids on pocket money from their parents).

And don't forget that your price is our price. It's not that we have a lot of choice :)

doubledragoncc

April 19, 2016, 08:10:59 AM #72 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:14:05 AM by doubledragoncc
I understand what you mean Max. It is just I also have to work out of my flat and it is not easy to do. I have to be careful for now or I could lose my flat. If I had to build 10 units in one go it would be a bit of a problem. I am looking for some way to do this but not having any friends or family to help makes it tough.

I have always lived in my workshops as I prefer it and I cant do it here in London lol. Costs too much!!!

Also, in all fairness, the price is not much less, as I said, it is a handmade product and how can I make my time cheaper than it is, I get £1.25 an hour out of this!!! I am my own slave labor.

DD

grimm

When things are finalized and you have a design that is standard to the production process, I don't see why some of the metal fab stuff couldn't be done in one big production run, shipped to you, and all you would have to do is add electronics, printed gears, cables, etc. allowing you to not have to deal with the welding, metal cutting, etc. Taking a bit of the time out of the process so you can actually make a slightly better profit in order to be able to do more. The market is there, just need the supply to meet the demand. If someone can meet exact specs at a low cost overall, it may open up the ability to do exactly what Max is saying.

Damn shame things went the way they did. A friend of mine just got a huge water jet table that would cut parts in large quantity for next to nothing. I also have access to an argon shielding gas mig welder 24/7, and another close friend has a contract with a hardware company for his bolt/nut/washer supply needs as a mechanic. Maybe if you get things moving in a direction that going global at a slightly higher scale of production could happen, you could have a USA based manufacturer for supplying the base of the units so all you gotta do is paint, bolt them together, wire them up, and send them out. Shipping 5 units worth of parts from the USA to England isn't THAT bad if you can spend more of your own time marketing and finishing rather than developing from scratch and going step by step from start to finish. A shipping crate full of bases and steering plates pre-drilled and welded up ready for paint could transform the process into being twice as fast to go from start to finish of a system.

You're a bull headed old guy anyway so I assume if that even crosses your mind it's only for a moment. But the offer stands.  ;)

Part of it too, is that I am still in the market for a CBR250RR, and with an open shipping contract between here and England would make it pretty easy for me to send you to a breaker for an engine, wiring, carbs, etc. and have it boxed up in a shipping crate and sent over with the correct paperwork for customs. Before I die I gotta experience 20,000rpm from a four cylinder engine! The '07 R6 I spent a summer on was just shy of it at 17,000rpm... and a Honda RC166 is never gonna happen. lol   8)

doubledragoncc

Thanks for  the offers Grimm.

Problem is none of you get it. I live on £294 a month and have to pay bills from that, it leaves me nothing, so I cant afford to pay someone to do what is the lowest costing part of this.

Even ordering TEN of everything really dont do jack for saving money on parts. It is not until you do 100plus that you get anything worth its while and then you have to have a place to store it. I have looked at all the ways to save but the thing is there is NO cheap way or QUICK way to do this type or product.

The UK prices and Taxes are so fucking high you would not believe it Ben. It bleeds me dry bro. And then there is availability, if its in UK is often out of stock because the UK supplier gets it from China!!! If its in China it takes ages to get here or costs for shipping. Then theres the fact that Vodafone fucked my bank account(just leave it at that) and I cant get money on my paypal without giving it to a friend, UK fuckin sucks my balls!!!

Unless I have cash on my paypal account I cant do jack shit right now. I have to build to order only due to space and time involved. My room is 20ft by 15ft, thats it and I am not supposed to work in it. I just do the best I can.

The Hs2 is a finalized product. I just need to design other parts like a cover for it but the actual controller is done, finished.

Thank god for paypal, now I just need a top up card for it lol.

Thanks for all the kind words and offers. I will prevail, and I will stomp ass to do it lol

DD