• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:42:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Yes and CXC has a system too but I dont like them.

Well the guys from the Technical University of Malaysia in Salangor sent me a quick update of their motion sim rig which is to be used to study motorcycle behavior. It is a Work In Process and they are bad at making videos for more than a short time lol.

https://www.youtube.com/v/_M_0Y10dOAo

I will have to send some instructions to them about some adjustments they need  and hopefully it will be a wee bit quicker lol.

This is the old Hs1 system btw.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Its just another way to take money for a gimmick really. I am in the wrong business lol

Talking of which, I am having fun with ordering Matty's parts and planning how to make it a wee bit different for him.

The mad scientist DD von Frankenstein is in his element hahahahaha

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Great big spring under the seat for highside simulation?      ;D ;)

doubledragoncc

Matty is just getting a base system so no seat but I will keep it in mind for you lol

DD

Warlock

Quote from: h106frp on June 23, 2016, 11:41:08 AM
Great big spring under the seat for highside simulation?      ;D ;)

lol  ;D

doubledragoncc

OH FUCK!!!!

Now I am in a quandary!!!

Not had any response to my posts from Darin at ISR for a while and it leaves me feeling kinda pissed off having spent my money which I have bugger all of and a heck of a lot of time building a system to send and be reviewed at ISR only to hear in last nights show that Darin will no longer do hardware reviews as he works for some hardware company!!!!

SO now what do I do??? Seriously guys what do you think? I mean I send him a system and then it just sits there doing dick all!!!

I know I will be made a real ass off if I dont send it but WTF!!! I really cant afford to give a complete system to someone that A.Will not really even use it. and B. Wont even get it reviewed so what is the point of spending nearly a grand and 6 fucking months developing and building then spend 90 quid to ship it!!!

I REALLY could do with some input guys. Thanks to anyone for suggestions. And no I am not giving it away, sorry, wish I could but ISR was for advertising and important to me.

Now he will say "Oh well it took you so long to make and send us a FREE system unlike Logitech and TM, if you dont send it so it just sits here doing nothing I will tell everyone your back down on what you say!!!"

FUCK!!!

Sorry but it REALLY is a shit situation.

DD

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 23, 2016, 03:37:19 PM
OH FUCK!!!!

Now I am in a quandary!!!

Not had any response to my posts from Darin at ISR for a while and it leaves me feeling kinda pissed off having spent my money which I have bugger all of and a heck of a lot of time building a system to send and be reviewed at ISR only to hear in last nights show that Darin will no longer do hardware reviews as he works for some hardware company!!!!

SO now what do I do??? Seriously guys what do you think? I mean I send him a system and then it just sits there doing dick all!!!

I know I will be made a real ass off if I dont send it but WTF!!! I really cant afford to give a complete system to someone that A.Will not really even use it. and B. Wont even get it reviewed so what is the point of spending nearly a grand and 6 fucking months developing and building then spend 90 quid to ship it!!!

I REALLY could do with some input guys. Thanks to anyone for suggestions. And no I am not giving it away, sorry, wish I could but ISR was for advertising and important to me.

Now he will say "Oh well it took you so long to make and send us a FREE system unlike Logitech and TM, if you dont send it so it just sits here doing nothing I will tell everyone your back down on what you say!!!"

FUCK!!!

Sorry but it REALLY is a shit situation.

DD

Well, sounds like the only option now is to find someone else? I would hardly consider it sending to someone for "free" if you can find a person that could review the thing proper (and has a huge youtube channel) and can reach the masses with the review. First thing I would do is start contacting the big names on youtube until you find someone that is not only a big name with a ton of subscribers, but also does nothing but sim racing and has a large amount of motorcycle simulation related video's.

ISR has dicked you around from the start, you know that as well as I do. They hemmed and hawed about even doing a review on your product in the FIRST PLACE. Then, acted like cunts every single time a hang up happened that prevented the system from getting out the door to them. Now they are ignoring you and acting higher than everyone else because they have so many subs and so many viewers. Honestly I can't stand them, they sound like over critical douche bags over niche market stuff, and praise useless copy cat garbage games that nobody will play beyond the 6 month mark after release. I am pretty sure you could get someone skilled at both voice and editing that would give a good, honest, worth while review, and put you on the map. The internet is BIG, and ISR is small in comparison with some of the youtube gamers that have 500k hits in a matter of hours of posting a trash, boring, horribly edited video, finding one that gets the million mark in 24 hours every single time is the one to talk to. Even if they have never tried such a control device as yours, I can guarantee if they have a good wheel/shifter/pedal set, it'll define the way they view a proper motorcycle controller. Having ridden a real bike will be a plus, but I wouldn't check it off as a full on requirement.  ;)

grimm

Not sending the thing to ISR is indeed an option. Even if they say something about it, all you have to do is get someone as big or bigger than ISR to rave about how amazing it is! Orders will flood in, you will find that you have to keep up with far more than pre-production standards, and the sim community will become saturated with controllers nobody has made for almost a decade. Look at the reviews of the Yamaha MS1 and the old Thrustmaster Freestyler, even in the last year alone there have been people lamenting on the fact nothing exists to replace those cheap plastic controllers. Many (such as myself) have dreamed of a proper control system since discovering motorcycle racing games. I remember the first time I used the controller I built from the parts you left, honestly, alot of my anger over the whole situation that unfolded and eventually came to a bitter close when you were still stateside, vanished with that first twist of the wrist. Alot of things began to make sense about it all and why, over everything else in this world, you put the IASystems HS series above and beyond anything else, including sleep, food, and people. lol

h106frp

Another possible idea taken from the high end acoustic guitar world is to organize for your equipment to take a 'road trip' of respected testers with each tester using it for a week before forwarding it on to the next and rely on a larger volume of independent reviews and youtube posts on smaller channels or forums.

In your current position you need to build confidence in your products among the various communities and get feedback for your own development.

Hawk

Fuck ISR DD!!
For Christ's sake don't send them a free system if they've made it clear that they won't be reviewing anymore hardware, no matter how many subs they still have!

I'd also send ISR an official email to say so too and make sure you keep a "CC" copy of the sent email for your records too so that if anyone tries to smear your rep over it then you have it as a record for the reason why you cannot send them a free system.
No-one in their right mind would support ISR if they started to slag you off for not sending them a free system after they officially reported that they have stopped doing anymore hardware reviews. So I really cannot see that would be their intention.  ;)

I totally agree with what Grimm has been saying about finding someone else/another hardware reviewer that has plenty of subs, but FFS don't let ISR have it now for free! But do try to find a reviewer who knows about sims as well as having a large amount of subs.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: H's idea above is a very interesting one and well worth investigating I would say.  ;)

Napalm Nick

I don't know the 'ins and outs' of what's happened here but I wouldn't send anything to someone so unreliable to even bother contacting/replying to you!
Other options put forward here sound very good to me.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

Quote from: grimm on June 23, 2016, 06:47:56 PM
Not sending the thing to ISR is indeed an option. Even if they say something about it, all you have to do is get someone as big or bigger than ISR to rave about how amazing it is! Orders will flood in, you will find that you have to keep up with far more than pre-production standards, and the sim community will become saturated with controllers nobody has made for almost a decade. Look at the reviews of the Yamaha MS1 and the old Thrustmaster Freestyler, even in the last year alone there have been people lamenting on the fact nothing exists to replace those cheap plastic controllers. Many (such as myself) have dreamed of a proper control system since discovering motorcycle racing games. I remember the first time I used the controller I built from the parts you left, honestly, alot of my anger over the whole situation that unfolded and eventually came to a bitter close when you were still stateside, vanished with that first twist of the wrist. Alot of things began to make sense about it all and why, over everything else in this world, you put the IASystems HS series above and beyond anything else, including sleep, food, and people. lol

a HUGE +1 from me.... :D

Sh@rk

Sh@rk

ah ok , il y a 10 ans il m'avais solicité pour faire de la pub ,il m'avais demandé un produit de chaque gratuitement !!!!!

je ne leur avais pas donné de suite ,

merci