• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:17:50 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[OT] F1 declares war on simracing

Started by Boerenlater, March 24, 2016, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on March 24, 2016, 01:29:59 PM
http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/23/formula-one-declares-war/

I hope the Dorna leaves us alone  :P

I sympathise with the F1 authorites in a way. Even if mods are not sold they are still breaking the law, something that has been graciously overlooked in most cases by those authorities concerned. So it is no surprise to me that they are starting to crack down on this modding practice. Besides, if we started to pay for good mods then that would be a good thing for the modding community. Only thing is that most modders have their heads stuck up their arses so far that they cannot see the benefits.
A good MOD is no different to paying and downloading add-on content from game companies - you pay for that so why are most against paying for a good MOD? Crazy thinking people! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

As far as the mods are made for free, that's a very dumb move. I will never ever pay F1 to have the right to create myself a livery/model of a car.

I could pay a modder for a mod, easily. But I surely won't pay F1 (or whichever authority) a single cent for just the right to create/use a model/paint. Next thing they'll charge me for breathing air or drinking water, or charge me every time I say Ferrari.

Greedy bastards are the cancer of the world (applies in general: there's an interesting debate ongoing on the price of necessary drugs in different countries: I had to stop listening after 5min into it, as I had to severely puke my soul out of me).

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 24, 2016, 03:40:34 PM
As far as the mods are made for free, that's a very dumb move. I will never ever pay F1 to have the right to create myself a livery/model of a car.

I could pay a modder for a mod, easily. But I surely won't pay F1 (or whichever authority) a single cent for just the right to create/use a model/paint. Next thing they'll charge me for breathing air or drinking water, or charge me every time I say Ferrari.

Greedy bastards are the cancer of the world (applies in general: there's an interesting debate ongoing on the price of necessary drugs in different countries: I had to stop listening after 5min into it, as I had to severely puke my soul out of me).

Totally agree

janaucarre

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
The best way is to ignore forever the formula one since early 2000's
Piboso has the right way for his game/simulation.
They don't want free publicity,  ok,  we stop to like their sh... T
The world is based on money,  that's not new,  but sport and particularly F1 wants money and money and money,  so ridiculous. I have more pleasure to watch a hillclimb race with cheap cars than 22 overbillions cats all the same,  andrunning only for money

Reactive

contemporary F1 pilots looks like unemotional biorobots as for me, thats why I dont looking it. Thats why I prefer the WRC.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

CapeDoctor

what really gets to me about this idiotic approach, is that they seem to be oblivious to the fact that they are screwing over their own fans.
in fact, the title of this thread could just as easily read ' F1 declares war on it's fans'
taking their convoluted logic to the next extreme, they shouldn't be surprised if one day when they host their next live F1 race, no-one pitches up to watch it live (empty grandstands, lol) and no-one switches on the telly to watch.
only then might they realise what a bunch of twats they were.
and, for sure, they'd quickly change their tune.
anyway, que sera sera, i've lost all interest in F1 over recent years, so no loss for me there, but it's certainly not a good sign to see this sort of 'we want to rule the world' approach to things.
doesn't bode well for any other sport....