• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:55:22 AM

Knockhill

Started by Grooveski, March 28, 2016, 06:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davide74

nice!!

i love this track

LauZzZn

Very excited for this !!

Grooveski

Quote from: Davide74 on November 20, 2016, 05:34:07 PMi love this track

Clark's (the one on the last pic) is one of my favorate corners anywhere.   ;D
The way you come out of it with the front light and it's all a balancing act between getting on the power, keeping the front down and not running off the track...
...and somewhere along the way you have to change direction as well.   :P
Highly entertaing and so sweet when you get it right.

Donnie

November 21, 2016, 10:48:23 AM #18 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:52:42 AM by Donnie
Yes and it's blind. My dad crashed there twice on the same day off his GS1000 and finished his very short racing career.

Great wee track. Bit of everything. Finding the right line through the chicane, over the kerbs is great fun too.

Also, they are now running reverse meetings around it.  I'm not a track builder so I don't know if it's possible to do but could be fun if you could go either way in gpbikes.

Grooveski

No bother - switch round the pitlane surface names, tweak the pitlane lights and knock up another set of support files in TrackED.  Consider it on the to-do list.   ;)

A pal done a reverse direction trackday there last year and said the hairpin was a right sphincter-clencher that way round. 
...but I think he quite enjoyed the rest of the track.  It's usually Scotsman that gives him the willies but said going uphill that whole section is a gas.

Donnie

Grooveski

Quote from: Donnie on November 21, 2016, 10:48:23 AM
Finding the right line through the chicane, over the kerbs is great fun too.

Was chucking polys at the chicane earlier.  Something like this for the first time round - the first half of the kerb will be nearly as smooth as the road and the back half a little rougher.  Tiny rise through the first part leveling off a bit at the back.
I suspect they'll maybe be a just a little too ridable but can be tweaked for the next version.  The red sausage will likely be an instant-off and you probably don't want to even hit it with your knee.

Grooveski

December 01, 2016, 11:44:03 AM #22 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:52:10 AM by Grooveski
Kerb detailing done, sandtraps all added and fenceline moved back all the way round to where it should be.
Pitlane has had a fairly hefty rework too.

Starting to look the part.  :)
(sand and grass areas still to be remapped - haven't quite finished butchering them yet)

Hawk

Nice work! It's looking great Grooveski! Can't wait to give this track a try!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Really really looking good mate! Any chance there might be a version for WRS, maybe even a dirt version of this track for the RX?  :)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Grooveski

December 03, 2016, 12:31:02 AM #25 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:33:43 AM by Grooveski
Like I said earlier in the thread, I may remake the old MX track in the future for MXB.  It used a little bit of the RX track(and crosses it at another point) so adding the full RX section at that point would make sense anyway.   ;)

As for a WRS version of the main track - sure, why not. 
I've no idea what's involved but the model will be all set up for fbx2edf and I'm guessing the camera and marshall files can be used so yeah, if you want a copy you're welcome to it.
May as well use the sausage for something more than just taking out bikers.  :P

Stout Johnson

Great mate!  :)  The layout looks really nice. I think I will need to wrap my head around track modelling myself. I want to be able to make one myself.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Grooveski

Added a road camber.  It's pretty subtle at present

(13.5mm - 5,4,3,1.5 from the outside in - probably not of interest but thought I'd note it for myself later)

Obviously it's upped the poly count.  Has taken it up to about the same as OM when changed to triangles.
(Includes the grass and support road(outside of the fence) so if a bike goes over we should be able to ride it round to the next opening.)

Grooveski

New fenceline equals new fences.
Bah! 

...and now new tyrewalls.
Humbug!  ::)
It's a bloody downward spiral - the more you change the more you have to change as a result.  Can't believe on day one I thought this would be an easy conversion.  :P

Grooveski

All the tyrewalls layed out in x,y and about halfway round the outer in the z.
(think half the reason I get frustrated with fences is that they're done after the road - so it's sitting there ready and I'm dying to try it  :P )

To relieve the fence-induced boredom I've also been leveling out the sandtraps and grass as I go.  :)  Some of it was a right mess after all the chopping and changing.