• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Close Quarter Engine Sound Drowning

Started by Hawk_UK, December 19, 2013, 11:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi PiBoSo.

I'm sure your aware of this problem - The sound of the bikes engine rev's is totally drowned out by any other bike that is racing in close proximity to you. This is particularly bad with the 500cc bikes. It's making it almost impossible to seriously compete in any races.

Any chance of a quick fix for this problem? Soon as possible, Pleeeassee..... ;D

C21

QuoteThe sound of the bikes engine rev's is totally drowned out by any other bike that is racing in close proximity to you.
Not only in close proximity....
I can hear bikes that are not within viewing range (front/rear) if i look around. That´s a little bit crazy ;-)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Alby46

not really, racing bikes are really loud you know
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Hawk

Quote from: Alby46 on December 20, 2013, 08:49:55 AM

I used to race bikes, and the fact remains that the dominant sound while riding is your own engine rev noise with other subtle noises in the background. You can hear other bikes when they are within close proximity with you(but they don't drown out your engine noise/revs), but I cannot remember hearing bike engines from other side of the circuit. LOL

Warlock

Sure, but remember you wear a tight helmet and earplugs.

Alby46

Quote from: Warlock on December 20, 2013, 10:33:34 AM

Sure, but remember you wear a tight helmet and earplugs.
i thought from 3rd person view... i've never tried onboard visual online
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Warlock

Well, if we are talking about real life, never seen a rider floating 3m above the bike lol  ;D

Anyway , the sound disturbs the same for onboard and 3rd person view. You dont really know if is the sound of your bike or the one close to you.

HornetMaX

I know other games have the option to lower the other bikes/cars sound, but that does not sound (lol) very realistic.
On a real bike, if an identical bike is riding just before me or next to me, there's no real reason to hear my bike a lot more than the other, no ?

Anybody with track experience and playing rider view can confirm ?

MaX.

Desteban

I ride onboard and it doesn't hurt me as much now as in the beginning. I have to admit at first it was a real issue but i got gradually used to it.

That said I recently had some close battles with other riders which (to my suprise) almost never ended with a crash even though i can't see them.
All thanks to the loud engine sounds so i can guess where they are, even though the sounds aren't as good as 3rd person view in close battles they are
none the less a great help.

BozoCRO

I agree with Hawk on this. We raced the 500s the other night on Paul Ricard and some guys showed up with 1000 bikes. The noise of their engines on the other side of the track was louder then our bikes side by side.
I dont know about realism, but logic says that two race bikes side by side at 300km/h cant be more quiet than two other bikes 1km away.  :P

HornetMaX

Sounds like a bug too big to be true.

Were the 1000 bikes modded ones ?

MaX.

BozoCRO

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 20, 2013, 10:45:48 AM
I know other games have the option to lower the other bikes/cars sound, but that does not sound (lol) very realistic.
On a real bike, if an identical bike is riding just before me or next to me, there's no real reason to hear my bike a lot more than the other, no ?

Anybody with track experience and playing rider view can confirm ?

MaX.

Max, I do have track experience, and I can tell you now that the sound of another bike riding near you is there(You can hear other bikes close or next to you), but it is at a much lower tone than your own engine revs. In other words you should always be able to hear your own engine at all times no matter how close another bike is to you, and in GP Bikes you cannot hear your own engine revs when another bike is next to you. This is wrong in a big way and needs making a high priority to be sorted out, but not as high a priority as the core.exe problem of course :)

HornetMaX

OK Hawk, thanks. All I needed to know :)

Then I'd guess that a proper fix to lower it to realistic levels is better than a slider that allows everybody to play with it.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 20, 2013, 10:57:37 PM
OK Hawk, thanks. All I needed to know :)

Then I'd guess that a proper fix to lower it to realistic levels is better than a slider that allows everybody to play with it.

MaX.

A proper fix would be best, but a slider I feel would be good too unless there is a foreseeable problem with allowing the user to alter the ambient engine sound levels to rider preferences?