• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:10:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Speaking of tank slappers...

Started by davidboda46, April 12, 2016, 12:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Heehee! Love you guys.

Quote from: davidboda46 on April 12, 2016, 10:45:50 AM
Maybe we just need a forum button for irony?

ROFL!!!!

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 11:37:36 AM
Bottom line: Nap, your irony was good. So good it caught me off. But partially because the ironic proposal was far from totally dumb. I'm not going as far as stating that "you've been involuntarily smart", I'll leave it at "you've been smart"  :)

LOL absolutely!  The reason it was far from dumb was because the idea was borne from actually reading Davids article and the suggestion of relaxing grip in times of tankslapper, rather than being my own good idea (surely too dumb to think that up) :)

Casting my memories back to my tankslappers I distinctly remember releasing the bars. Whether this was a natural reaction to cure the problem derived from the human 7th sense, my inertial navigation gyro theory teaching role, or whether it was just a decision to save breaking thumbs against the tank I cannot recall. But the problem resolved itself when giving total control back to the gyros (the bike).

PS: 7th sense bit = irony.  ;D

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 12:17:05 PM
LOL absolutely!  The reason it was far from dumb was because the idea was borne from actually reading Davids article and the suggestion of relaxing grip in times of tankslapper, rather than being my own good idea (surely too dumb to think that up) :)
But that fact was knownor at least it should have been, it has been reported it plenty of times (in the discussion about using a steering damper to solve issues).

Technically, a tankslapper is called weave. And it is different from a simple "head shake", which technically is called wobble.

http://www.dinamoto.it/dinamoto/8_on-line_papers/wobble-weave/wobble-weave_eng.html

To cure wobble you can fit a steering damper and increase the damping.

But to cure weave, you kind of have to do the opposite: reduce damping (lessening the grip on the bars). If you fit a steering damper, you'll likely have less wobble but more weave !

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 08:20:36 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 12, 2016, 08:17:54 AM
If the ERROR was fix you wont need a fucking button!!!
DD there's no error: real bikes do have tankslappers (see videos above).
We may argue that in GPB they are a bit too frequent, of course, but there's no error/bug to speak of.

+1

doubledragoncc

So BOB your +1 means you have ridden on loads of bikes that have a front end wobble like in GPB and you think it is normal???

Dont think I would ever buy a bike from you even if you swore it handled great.

Its a waste of time even talking about it if you really believe its realistic. Think I'll stick to facts and not fiction.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Nick your confusing me now bro lol

Who you +1 for, if it was not for me I aint sharing my gummie bears with you eva again lol

Just furking about guys

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Yes it is a +1 for you not that nasty Bobbington.

I rarely quote posts when directly above mine, you may assume it is in relation to it.

"If my bike handled like that I would burn it" is rapidly becoming my motto.

now hand those gorgeous little fellas over!

Gummi Bear 'White Helmets'

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 12:28:31 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 12:17:05 PM
But that fact was knownor at least it should have been, it has been reported it plenty of times (in the discussion about using a steering damper to solve issues).

Technically, a tankslapper is called weave. And it is different from a simple "head shake", which technically is called wobble.

http://www.dinamoto.it/dinamoto/8_on-line_papers/wobble-weave/wobble-weave_eng.html

To cure wobble you can fit a steering damper and increase the damping.

But to cure weave, you kind of have to do the opposite: reduce damping (lessening the grip on the bars). If you fit a steering damper, you'll likely have less wobble but more weave !

+1  ;)

doubledragoncc

Dont worry BOB you can have some gummie bears too.

All is fair in love and war lol.

I really dont give a flying fuck, I just want a bike that dont shake my nuts off and beat them against the tank, thats what hurts most.

FYI, I had a head on back in '83 on my Wing and took the clocks off with my nuts, I was in PAIN for a long time and my GF was not a happy bunny. I got sensetive nuptuals now so dont want em hurt no more lol.

DD

Napalm Nick

Lol which bit are you +1-ing now BoB?

The fact we all should have read the full steering damper thread and remembered every fact in it?

Or the wobble / weave description that everyone knows about (or should of) because they already read all that in the first post articles?

Anyway I don't care any more - the day has ended much like it started. Fruitless in a fix.

BOBR6 84

this too!

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 08:20:36 AM
We may argue that in GPB they are a bit too frequent, of course, but there's no error/bug to speak of.

Still think an adjustable damper to fiddle with in garage is worth a try at least...

I know with my damper it's constantly up and down.. too much and i struggle in the slow tight corners like hairpins. too little and the bike can get out of shape on the throttle.. bars flapping all over the place etc etc. also the steering lock should be alot less on a race bike to help against tankslappers.

It really doesn't take much to get out of shape.. but usually it is totally fine, push through it, forget about it, next apex..  8)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 09:28:06 PM
Lol which bit are you +1-ing now BoB?

haha sorry, MaX's bit..

one finger typer over here..  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 09:28:06 PM
Anyway I don't care any more - the day has ended much like it started. Fruitless in a fix.
Sure, because screaming "IT'S A FUCKIN' ERROR" has gone miles in the opposite direction ...

No wait ... I have a doubt now ... were you being ironic again Nap ? Gosh I'm lost now :)

doubledragoncc

ROFL...................

I luvz you guys lol

DD

Meyer#12

Haha it is a pleasure to read trough this thread :D

+1 for me! :P

Nah i agree, tankslappers hsppen IRL, but FAR less than here, we need a cure. Might be the rider/bike physics in a combination i think, as mentioned earlier too
Meyer#12