• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:42:09 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

TrackED CL BUG???

Started by Hawk, April 16, 2016, 09:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi Piboso.

We've just created a centreline(CL) for the full size IOM TT Track surface we've created which consists of 925 segments. I've double checked it to make sure we started with a straight and ended with a curve and that the end points have been closed and saved, also created the min/max lines and saved those to track folder too but we are getting a core.exe crash every time we try to load the track in GPB. I'm just wondering if there is still a max-limit on the number of segments allowed for use in TrackED?

Appreciate your advice on this matter. Thank you.  :)

Hawk.
PS: If you wish, I can give you a link to the track.  ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on April 16, 2016, 09:05:41 PM
Hi Piboso.

We've just created a centreline(CL) for the full size IOM TT Track surface we've created which consists of 925 segments. I've double checked it to make sure we started with a straight and ended with a curve and that the end points have been closed and saved, also created the min/max lines and saved those to track folder too but we are getting a core.exe crash every time we try to load the track in GPB. I'm just wondering if there is still a max-limit on the number of segments allowed for use in TrackED?

Appreciate your advice on this matter. Thank you.  :)

Hawk.
PS: If you wish, I can give you a link to the track.  ;)

The limit is 585 segments.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

Aw bummer.... is this a hard limit or can it be changed? I can take a few points out but the centreline is tight enough as it is and i cant lose 400 :o
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 16, 2016, 09:52:10 PM
Aw bummer.... is this a hard limit or can it be changed? I can take a few points out but the centreline is tight enough as it is and i cant lose 400 :o

Of course it can be changed.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

Sounds promising Piboso and Hawk.

So if you can adjust the limit in TrackED, does it mean there will not be a problem for such a long track in GPB? Or will it only be possible for TTB?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 16, 2016, 09:57:01 PM

1000 sound good? Pretty please  :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

That's a good point DD.  ;)

@Piboso: Is it possible to alter the max number of segments in a TrackED.ini file somewhere? Or is that something you would have to do in a future TrackED update?

If it's something only you can do, is there any chance of a quick TrackED update and release soon?  ;D

Thank you Piboso.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: I agree Matty.... At least a max limit of 1000 if not more for future proofing TrackED from this issue, maybe even 1500?  :)

guigui404

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 16, 2016, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 16, 2016, 09:57:01 PM

1000 sound good? Pretty please  :D

Or add the possibility to choose own limit but set an awareness message when we exceed the basic limit of 585

HornetMaX

I don't see why the actual limit could not be something gigantic (e.g. 10,000).
I doubt it's a matter of memory allocation (as the centerline is a tiny object compared to all the 3d stuff).