• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

KRP release on Steam

Started by Napalm Nick, May 09, 2016, 09:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Way to go @PiBoSo!

Looks great there on Steam out of Greenlight. Congratulations. Roll on the 30th June and Good luck with it!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Best of luck with this Piboso

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

BOBR6 84

Looks quality! Nice work PiBoSo!  8)

Hawk

Yeah... Good luck with "KRP Pro" on Steam Piboso.... Hope it does fantastically well for you!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

janaucarre

Good luck
I hope you are prepared to receive many comment,  and essentially complains,  i saw this on steam for every game.
I wish you a very good start on this platform.
PS: pay someone to go reading and report you what really makes the sim growing.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: janaucarre on May 09, 2016, 09:45:56 PM
Good luck
I hope you are prepared to receive many comment,  and essentially complains,  i saw this on steam for every game.
I wish you a very good start on this platform.
PS: pay someone to go reading and report you what really makes the sim growing.

Yesss! Steam is full of the best Armchair Critics! You wouldn't find us lot giving you a hard time!  ;D Or if we did then we have hardened you to it so they just bounce off now. Get your best 'eyes rolling' emoticons ready.  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

May 09, 2016, 09:52:34 PM #6 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:12:08 PM by PiBoSo
Thank you everyone.
The page is just a placeholder.
New screenshots and a new trailer will be uploaded closer to release.

Hopefully the description and price tag will make clear that KRP is a simulator, and not another Mario Kart.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

HornetMaX

Yep, good luck. It will be very interesting to see how it fares on Steam.

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 09, 2016, 09:52:34 PM
Hopefully the description and price tag will make clear that KRP is a simulator, and not another Mario Kart.

Price tag under 80E is not dissuasive to players looking for silly games :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 09, 2016, 10:06:28 PM
Yep, good luck. It will be very interesting to see how it fares on Steam.

Indeed.
KRP is not really suited for Steam, but it is a very interesting testbed for future releases.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Meyer#12

This is great news! Best of luck Pib!

Sure looks good there on steam! Hope you get off to a good start on Steam :)
Meyer#12

BozoCRO

Good luck, hope everything goes well and encourages you to relase all the games there

Boerenlater

I hope you get a lot of positive reviews.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

iVolution

Good luck with this Piboso. Happy you give steam a proper chance to launch your products. I think it will drastically increase your visibility and accessability to new customers and thats what a niche product like this needs.

Two questions though:
1. If KRP happens to do really well on Steam, do you expect your other products to be released on Steam sooner or later than planned initially. This with regards to that maintaining/improving KRP may require more of your time as there may be a large group of customers demanding it? Having a malfunctioning product on steam is something you should try to avoid at all cost and frequent bugfixes may be some of a neccesity.

2. How do you manage legacy licenses through steam? If we already have a license we just keep using standalone downloads from your website and if we want to use steam we buy a new license there?

PiBoSo

Quote from: iVolution on May 10, 2016, 01:56:15 PM
Good luck with this Piboso. Happy you give steam a proper chance to launch your products. I think it will drastically increase your visibility and accessability to new customers and thats what a niche product like this needs.

Two questions though:
1. If KRP happens to do really well on Steam, do you expect your other products to be released on Steam sooner or later than planned initially. This with regards to that maintaining/improving KRP may require more of your time as there may be a large group of customers demanding it? Having a malfunctioning product on steam is something you should try to avoid at all cost and frequent bugfixes may be some of a neccesity.

2. How do you manage legacy licenses through steam? If we already have a license we just keep using standalone downloads from your website and if we want to use steam we buy a new license there?

1. It shouldn't make much difference. KRP is a very mature software, having been first released five and a half years ago, so there shouldn't be major problems. The other sims will simply be released on Steam as soon as they are ready, neither sooner nor later.

2. To be honest, it hasn't been decided yet, because I haven't looked at how it's possible to generate a Steam license from the outside in an automated way.
Nonetheless, it will never be mandatory to switch to Steam. We are making serious simulators, and it's not a good idea to require an additional software on top of the OS. Imagine being contacted by a real karter wanting to use KRP for training and having to tell him he needs to install a third-party GAMING software that also requires registration... That would be ludicrous and very unprofessional.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

HornetMaX

I think I've read once in Steam terms and conditions that when you put a game on Steam, your previously existing licenses can receive Steam keys.
But if KRP will anyway work without Steam too, the problem is not even there I guess.