• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:59:33 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBOC Live Streming and New Servers

Started by doubledragoncc, May 12, 2016, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

May 12, 2016, 09:47:00 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:39:04 AM by doubledragoncc
Hi guys.

Firstly here is the link to the live stream and video channel from me.

https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

I think it is time for me to add a little to the club as I am no good at modding or apps, the least I can do is help to make online racing in the club a bit more fun and also offer a server or two more to give a wider variety of events and relieve all the pressure form the fantastic Nick and MMA.

As many of you have read in other threads and also put up with my testing I will be doing live streaming of races and other events like bike release test etc etc. I will also be doing full 1080p 60FPS videos once the hardware is acquired.

I have to thank you all for your help and patience over the last week with my testing.

Now for something completely different!!!

In the news tonight..............

A generous donation of £40.00 was made to the future live streaming and new GPBOC servers by Napalm Nick!!!

The money will be spent on X-Split licensing and go towards an Elgato HD60 capture/stream box.

Nick has also offered to help with the setup of the new servers to ensure the incompetent yet willing DD von Frankenstein will not cock up all the club races.

Rumors have it that the ever encouragable DD will even attempt to find a counterpart to the amazing MMA  in order that the club has a 24/7 server service.

Ladies beware of an old fart making promises of a career in the internet industry!!! 

So, once again, thank you Nick for the generous donation and all your help. If any one else is willing to help out on this venture it would be very helpful to us all. Please PM me if you wish to help in any way.

I will be contacting Virgin Media in the morning to arrange an increase in my bandwidth for the servers.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

Thats very generous from both sides guys, thank you, but as is something we are all beneficiaries, if is there a way to donate to distribute spending among all (don't know how to say this, google translator) please let us know. I think 5€ each, is something we all can afford and we can even get some more money for beer and cigarettes  ;D

doubledragoncc

Thanks Warlock

I am keeping the GPBOC funds on Paypal as it is the best way to receive donations and make payments

Any donations are very welcome. I will be keeping a full list of donations and payments that can be asked to view at anytime by you guys to make sure I am not buying beer with it lol (beer on the internet would be all warm and horrible lol) I will make a regular monthly post of all in and out payments.

If you wish to make a donation please send to paypal account doubledragoncc@yahoo.com.

I just got the first license for X-Split and it seems to be better than the free version for sure. I went for the premium account as it has no restrictions and can be used commercially, which if you think about it, promoting GPB is on that boundary, so we are covered whatever we do. It also has the possibility for custom plugins (MAX) which the other accounts dont. I only got the 1 month license to test in case it was not worth it. It automatically continues until I cancel it so we will see how it goes first. I tested it on Twitch and YouTube, Twitch seemed better but I have to go through my account settings to get it running right. You Tube is fine and makes automatic copies  and can be viewed up to 4 hours previously if you join the stream late. Still have to figure that out for Twitch.

The video below is the YT test. Until I up my bandwidth, it will be 720p 30fps only. Towards the end you can see how much better it is in close up quality. I had no frame drops but this was not during a race. I will be doing extensive testing over the next days and hope with Nicks help to get a server up to hold races on and stream from.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Fly27qyWVSU

Well it is time to hit the sack so I can get up early and get this Hs2 system done as I have delayed it for 2 days now(DD slaps own wrists)

I will update tomorrow.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

May 13, 2016, 07:43:09 AM #3 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:46:13 AM by Napalm Nick
Ha ! Don't think I am that generous normally,

It is money found down the back of the Club bar sofas over the year which would normally go to a charity, so this year it has gone to another worthy <cough> charity and give something back to the people who lost it. I am confident it will be put to good use for everyone here.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Yes sorry about my wording there Nick it should have read:

The marvelous Napalm Nick came forward on behalf of the GPBOC and kindly donated £40 towards setup of new servers and live streaming of the GPBOC events.

As I remove my foot from my mouth, I shall leave to chase girlies Virgin Media about upping my bandwidth.

DD

doubledragoncc

BOOYAA!!!!

So.....................

I called Virgin Media and spoke to a dickhead first who did not understand me. After 20 mins explaining I had NO fault I want MORE bandwidth he put me through to a very nice lady. She instantly got me from 50MB/3MB to 100MB/100MB download/upload bandwidths for a £5.00 a month increase on my bill. What the hell its for our fun and enjoyment and I want to make sure the server is good for you guys and that streaming is better.

Here is a quick live stream test, using a gamepad watching 2 screens had its natural result of me on my ass a few times lol. I was riding slow to see the detail level at 1080p 30fps as my GTX670M is restricting me to x264 codec for streaming. Not the best codec but for now will have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/v/bJIahaNyLvY

Best watched on YT at 1080p

It is not perfect but an improvement on the last one!!! PLEASE let me know what you think. I need your input guys.

Oh and I am ordering a new HD for the server side for dedicated GPBOC use.

DD

Napalm Nick

So streaming a replay of yourself is pretty darned good. Just online stuff direct from server needs a test.

I can only select 720p max over at Youtube tho??

As an experiment would it be worth taking the last server replay and streaming that to see how it goes? Not sure there is any point in that other than for  complete set of tests for comparison. But wouldn't want you getting bored and slacking off lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

It is only for graphic quality to start with I tested for comparison. I have a LOT of tests to run.

I would rather go for 720p at higher quality but my GPU is a bitch. I am bound by x264 codec!!!! This is not the best for gaming, I need NVENC from Nvidea but my GPU is the one before they introduced it!!!

I will just keep playing around until it works lol. I need to test twitch and set that up too.. I am so new to all this lol.

Just doing me best guys.

DD

doubledragoncc

Hi guys.

So I upped the internet for the server and streaming, got the license for X-Split and ordered a Travelstar: Z7K500 500GB 7200rpm hard drive for the server. Its a nice fast drive from benchmark tests.

We are on our way at last. I will get the drive next week and install it all.

As soon as Nick sends me a care package on how to set it all up for GPBOC the RIGHT way I can start testing. I will need help with you guys test riding on the first server. I can not do 24/7 servers to start with but will do a close to it as I can. My lil laptop is my life lol.

DD

Napalm Nick

Lemme know when you are ready and away we can go.  ;)

doubledragoncc

Thanks Nick.

I think I am gonna get this system for ISR done as I have delayed it for a couple of days and wanna ride too lol.

I need to organize my files and sort out stuff. Just tested internet speeds and get 95MB DL/ 6,27 UL so its a bit better but need to wait 24hours for it to be fully up to speed. I can only expect 10% of the 100MB for Upload speed according to Virgin. It is standard I think.

I really need like a step by step guide of what to do and how it works as I am confused that I have 2 versions of GPB on my system so do I have to run BOTH or just one for the server. Sorry but as I said not done this and need to be treated like a baby with it lol.

DD

Napalm Nick

Don't worry about it for now it will become clear. In effect you are running part of one copy for the dedi server and your own game on the other.
You could bypass this dedi stuff until you set up your permanent server and just use the in game server creator.
Depends if you want to take it on now or later.

Anyway get her bloody system built first  ;)

Vini

May 13, 2016, 03:30:42 PM #12 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:34:52 PM by vin97
x264 and nvenc are both encoders for the h.264 codec (nvenc is a hardware encoder built into nvidia GPUs, x264 is software running on your cpu).
really, the only advantage nvenc offers is less work for your CPU but since GP Bikes is not a very demanding game (especially not on your CPU), you should be fine either way.

mind posting a screenshot of your x264 settings?

oh and what CPU do you have? some newer ones might allow you to offload video encoding to it's integrated (low performance) GPU, although I really don't think that this is necessary.

doubledragoncc

Firstly

THANK YOU WARLOCK!!! Mr Warlock kindly contributed 10 Euros to the GPBOC funds for the new server and streaming. Thank you from us all kind sir.

Hi Vin. There is little to adjust for X-Split really just the bandwidth is critical and I use different ones for different resolutions. I am still testing so will post when I have something more concrete. I need to play with my Nvidea settings though for sure lol.

I have an i7 3610QM 2.3Ghz with turbo to 3.3Ghz

Here are test results in different resolution and fps plus kbs

First is what I think will be okay if I am riding as well. GPBikes is at 1080p and stream settings are:

720p 30fps 3800kbs

https://www.youtube.com/v/KXdbwHreuhM

Next might be best for races on other servers: 720p 60fps  4500kbs

https://www.youtube.com/v/mpY_9QDWb2c

And finally I think if I host a race and stream then...........1080p 30fps  5500kbs

https://www.youtube.com/v/O1OpvwrLm1Y

Not to bad when you look at the 1080p from a few days ago, the 720p is almost as good. I am learning, slowly but surely lol.

To promote GPB correctly we need the highest quality we can get so I will keep at it guys. Bigger hammers may be used!!!

In testing my internet I get permanent 100-105MB download speed and 5.9-6.6 upload speed.

I need to find a program that gives me the actual bandwidth speed GPB is using, most do the amount of data and not speed usage, any tips guys???

DD

Napalm Nick

They all look good to me DD.

As for your question about seeing GPB speeds I have no idea sorry :-[

Thanks Warlock!!  8)