• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:15:52 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rear suspension lenght

Started by Alone, May 25, 2016, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alone

Hi. I have 2 questions.
1) If a rear suspension has those length/stroke values: Shock length 300.5 +0/- 6 mm, shock stroke 62,5 mm.
Those values goes in:
rear_length = 0.0625
shock_minlength = 0.3 ??

If I put them in the other way (which I guessed), makes the bike mostly unrideable; but with the data as it is, it works fine. The cons that has this is the rer_length, which makes an increase in the 110mm value to 139+or-:

The only way to stay in 110mm is to put in with 0.055 (like std bikes) or altered unrealistically the rocker point (I mean, not fiting the 3D model at all).

2) What means the 110mm?

Thanks in advance.

h106frp

+1 on an answer to this.

Using manufacturers set up notes and real values i cannot correctly locate the pivots without the geometry model becoming unstable.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Alone on May 25, 2016, 01:50:43 PM
Hi. I have 2 questions.
1) If a rear suspension has those length/stroke values: Shock length 300.5 +0/- 6 mm, shock stroke 62,5 mm.
Those values goes in:
rear_length = 0.0625
shock_minlength = 0.3 ??

If I put them in the other way (which I guessed), makes the bike mostly unrideable; but with the data as it is, it works fine. The cons that has this is the rer_length, which makes an increase in the 110mm value to 139+or-:

The only way to stay in 110mm is to put in with 0.055 (like std bikes) or altered unrealistically the rocker point (I mean, not fiting the 3D model at all).

2) What means the 110mm?

Thanks in advance.

"rear_length" is the spring max travel ( excluding preload ), or shock stroke.
"shock_minlength" is the length of the fully compressed shock, from link point to link point. So "shock_minlength" + "rear_length" is the total length of the unloaded shock, without preload.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

C21

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

h106frp

The 110 horizontal axis is the rear wheel vertical travel as detailed here, vertical axis is the ratio
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3280.0

Alone

Great!! Thank you!! Really apreciate the answers!